AX Zone Bug/Exploit Confirmation Request

I've tested this three times now, but I would like confirmation from the community before I submit the report.

1) Fight alone in an AX CZ.
2) When the npc announces "Thargoid interceptor coming in hot", you boost to a position beyond 20 km from zone marker.
3) Wait a few seconds.
4) Return to the marker and the interceptor is not present, but scouts still spawn.
5) The CZ progress bar will fill completely but will never complete the CZ mission.

Why is this an exploit?

You can farm scouts until you're out of bullets. Reload Repeat.
ps you have to get beyond the boundary before the energy surge...

Last edited:
This feature got me to combat Elite...

(But still not as sweet as the old 1 chunk per abrasion blaster feature that Core Mining used to have. Those were good times...)

Just confirmed it. Looking forward to a fix in 2020. Working on my alts triple elite status. Shouldn't be too long now. I really like these working as intended thargoid mechanics. This is certainly more fun than killing scavengers or grinding at the cnbs.

Alternately, instead of boosting to a certain distance, you can simply exit the AX-CZ and immediately re-enter. Once you get to the "Thargoid interceptors coming in hot" again, no interceptors will spawn.
You can tell it's working (aka borked the instance) because once you re-enter, only scouts will spawn (no allies) for the first 2-3 minutes. Allies then spawn after those couple of minutes.
Works best in a private group.

I used it for a speedrunning test during easter holidays.
4Fl7x6A.jpg

No doubt this will now be fixed faster than a...
Faster than a...
Faster than a bug that really needs fixing.
Honestly, they probably don't know how to fix it without breaking ALL CZs. Kind of like the... lucrative... profits that can be made Void Opal mining. If they knew how to... balance... it without breaking the entire system, they probably would have already.

Wasn't aware it was consistent. I've had it happen maybe three times (no idea what was causing it), but new Commanders dropping into the instance did restart the interceptors.

I've tested this three times now, but I would like confirmation from the community before I submit the report.

1) Fight alone in an AX CZ.
2) When the npc announces "Thargoid interceptor coming in hot", you boost to a position beyond 20 km from zone marker.
3) Wait a few seconds.
4) Return to the marker and the interceptor is not present, but scouts still spawn.
5) The CZ progress bar will fill completely but will never complete the CZ mission.

Why is this an exploit?

You can farm scouts until you're out of bullets. Reload Repeat.
ps you have to get beyond the boundary before the energy surge...
That's a very precise description. The rest of us were keeping it 'muddy' so it wouldn't get nerfed :D

Alternately, instead of boosting to a certain distance, you can simply exit the AX-CZ and immediately re-enter. Once you get to the "Thargoid interceptors coming in hot" again, no interceptors will spawn.
You can tell it's working (aka borked the instance) because once you re-enter, only scouts will spawn (no allies) for the first 2-3 minutes. Allies then spawn after those couple of minutes.
Works best in a private group.

I used it for a speedrunning test during easter holidays.
4Fl7x6A.jpg

:unsure: Sooo, harmless old me can do this and hit Elite quick? But... but... what happens when I run into a real Elite player out there in Open where I play? Something tells me I'm going to end up walking away from this smelling like burnt toast. :confused:

:unsure: Sooo, harmless old me can do this and hit Elite quick? But... but... what happens when I run into a real Elite player out there in Open where I play? Something tells me I'm going to end up walking away from this smelling like burnt toast. :confused:
Elite in combat means nothing in pvp. It never did.

Combat rank "grind" is the most enjoyable part of the game. Beyond that, dog-fighting scouts is just about the most enjoyable small ship PvE combat there is. Get yourself a courier, fit three MCs with high AP, and have a great time.
I do like the scout combat. I'm running a python with 2 class 2 guardian rails and a couple of the AX multis. It's great practice for rails, and the scouts do make a satisfying squeal and pop. I think with the courier you still have room for the decon limpets. I'll have to try that.

Whether you are harmless or elite in combat rank will make no difference to your PvP experience. However, the game will spawn higher ranked hostile NPC pirates if you are Elite. Especially if you have cargo or active missions.

Can confirm this happens in open with randoms too.

Kill scout missions are bugged as well. One threat 4 quest USS will spawn a thargoid sensor endlessly. I filled my hold with some and farmed the mats.

Can confirm this happens in open with randoms too.

Kill scout missions are bugged as well. One threat 4 quest USS will spawn a thargoid sensor endlessly. I filled my hold with some and farmed the mats.

if you relog or jump out of the system it will eventually spam the scouts

Top Bottom