Azimuth Saga: Salvation Tech Broker Modules & Update 7 Engineered Modules Bug

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

The latest part of the Azimuth Saga sees Commanders who have aided Salvation granted access to a permit locked system where Salvation’s Tech Broker offers unique modules. This part of the story has been added today (don’t worry if you haven’t been invited to the system yet, if you would like to be, you’ll have opportunities in the future).

We’re aware of a bug from Update 7 that has unintentionally increased the effectiveness of engineered modules, including those from Salvation's Tech Broker. We would like to let you know that a fix for PC players is expected soon and we expect to have a fix for console next week. Therefore, the power of these modules (while still a significant alternative to current ones), will be returned to intended levels.

MicrosoftTeams-image (61).png

Pictured: the intended stats of the modified Guardian Gauss Cannon which will be effective when the fix is deployed.

See you in the black!

O7

Last edited:
Hey @Bruce G

There are a few people exploiting the engineering bug to one-shot-kill unsuspecting players in Open.

Is there a way to put out an in-game warning about this, for the players who don’t read the forums or social media?

An Inbox message or Galnet story may help.

Lol. I’m guessing there’s no way this bug could have been avoided either, right? Kinda like the interdiction bug that was just introduced.

Hey @Bruce G

There are a few people exploiting the engineering bug to one-shot-kill unsuspecting players in Open.

Is there a way to put out an in-game warning about this, for the players who don’t read the forums or social media?

An Inbox message or Galnet story may help.
If we're being real, the engineering bug doesn't change much with respect to seal clubbing. It will affect competent players, but for every every Morbad there's a hundred Mobius who wont see any difference.

Greetings Commanders,

The latest part of the Azimuth Saga sees Commanders who have aided Salvation granted access to a permit locked system where Salvation’s Tech Broker offers unique modules. This part of the story has been added today (don’t worry if you haven’t been invited to the system yet, if you would like to be, you’ll have opportunities in the future).

We’re aware of a bug from Update 7 that has unintentionally increased the effectiveness of engineered modules, including those from Salvation's Tech Broker. We would like to let you know that a fix for PC players is expected soon and we expect to have a fix for console next week. Therefore, the power of these modules (while still a significant alternative to current ones), will be returned to intended levels.

View attachment 264126
Pictured: the intended stats of the modified Guardian Gauss Cannon which will be effective when the fix is deployed.

See you in the black!

O7
Bruce it's imperitive you know that a lot of other weapons stats have been negatively affected to.. will this roll back of stats also fix them to their appropriate values??? Everyone's ordinary weapons are messed up right now, not just the AXI stuff!

(don’t worry if you haven’t been invited to the system yet, if you would like to be, you’ll have opportunities in the future).
Hey Bruce,

I was the one who asked on Supercruise this week if they would be added and I appreciate you answering on stream and following up here. A question I have about the opportunities mentioned: are they going to be "secret" messages or more easily obtainable for the every day CMDR similar to aligning with XXX faction... maybe Taurus Mining Ventures?

Bruce it's imperitive you know that a lot of other weapons stats have been negatively affected to.. will this roll back of stats also fix them to their appropriate values??? Everyone's ordinary weapons are messed up right now, not just the AXI stuff!
Yes please investigate the engineering values that have changed with update 7, efficient, overcharged, reports of changes to plasma slug... etc. This potentially breaks all combat balancing.

im a bit confused on the stats posted.
the stats in that pic would make the gauss do less dmg with an entire birst of fire than a single shot of unmodded ones.
that combined with the shorter effective range would make them basically worse in every way to unmodded ones.

are you able to double check these are the correct stats bruce? just does not seem correct to me.

If I insta gib Hydras, using the 9 quintillion weapons, will I be penalised. For example loose the Credits or be Banned ?

Even with the "intended stats" the modified Gauss Cannon seems to have a much lower thermal load (75% lower I believe). Heat was one of the biggest drawbacks of running max Gauss so even if the damage is the same it seems like a pretty decent alternative.

Top Bottom