[B]Nobody asked for it but we keep getting it.[/B]

why is it that we keep getting more guardian/thargoids that nobody for the exception of a select few actually like; the whole personal narrative that they keep saying is just a pretty word for GRIND. i think that frontier made a poll asking the players what they would like to see in the future, and the results where atmo planets followed by space legs. this was i think 2 years ago. But so far we are stuck with aliens and .
i though that by this time we would have the carriers already and bases to manufacture or extract resources. more and more FrontierDev is starting to look like certain company that is making a space game since 2014. so how can we fix this?

1 atmo planets; is rocket science anymore NMS did

2 space legs; people like to say that there is no point to it even tho in this forum we have given enough functioning feature for space legs to fill a book.

3 carriers/ bases; we are getting one of these so hallelujah, but we need a base to manufacture or extract resources.

3 crew. hire-able NPC crew to work your base and get passive income and to maintain it at cost[crew is not required to run a base but the player needs to maintain it]

4 scrap powerplay and add eve type economy so give exploration, mining, trading, combat a proper career.
it works like this:

explorer finds resource rich system(gets payed by player at
requested price)> manufacture/extraction player squadron moves in. set up operation> ship/sell resources to manufacture system> combat players get hired to protect freighters/ miners.

5 add player to player trade/donate function.

this is how they can fix the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I like it "Just do this, it will fix the game" lists 5 years worth of development, compares ED to NMS, job done!

so to you the game is perfect? are you happy with the extreme grind?

1. no man sky added some of this feature and their player base boomed.
2. the features that i used are from another game that has been going strong for more than a decade; elite can add it and give it its own twist.
3.and yes Job done i gave feedback and criticism,but maybe you are happy whit the game how it is, maybe you are one of those players that like repetitive task and have a lot of time on your hands. But many dont like how the current game is; see the steam charts most of the players are inactive because they are bored and only spike up when an update is release and after 2 weeks it falls back down.

you're more than welcome to give your opinion. and please spare me the "they are working in it" or "its like making a new game" excuse, it has been proven by Hello games that if you apply yourself and have a passion for your product you will do what it take to improve it, even if it means rebuilding it. Its Frontier Development to improve their game and listen to its Fans. and if they dont another game will come along and people will leave it in the past.

I also think it's cute that they just know what we all want.

you might like grinding away your life but many people dont. check the forums; you will notice a pattern of what people want. [spoilers] is not grind

NMS is for filthy casuals that like atari flight characteristic models.

Bases I'm cool with as long as you don't make money on it. Only used to store your stuff with basic services.

Player to player trading/donating is just asking Elite to be filled with Gold Sellers

Last edited:
I hate mining but would be delighted to have the mining rig back or a mining base.

We need players contributing to the market and trading with each other.

NMS is for filthy casuals that like atari flight characteristic models.

Bases I'm cool with as long as you don't make money on it. Only used to store your stuff with basic services.

Player to player trading is just asking Elite to be filled with Gold Sellers

1 yes NMS is casual, but the development of the game has been very progressive whereas frontier having a bigger team and more time has dedicated little effort for such a larger team. maybe is a matter of quantity vs quality of the developers but i digress.

2 you said that base are cool with you as long you dont make money; then whats the point of a base? storage? that's what stations are for . no offence but you seem to be part of the problem.

3 your gold seller point can be easily countered with EVE online. they have the feature and the game is still going without no major issue as many other MMO.

i want to ask you if you are happy with the game being as it currently?

1 yes NMS is casual, but the development of the game has been very progressive whereas frontier having a bigger team and more time has dedicated little effort for such a larger team. maybe is a matter of quantity vs quality of the developers but i digress.

2 you said that base are cool with you as long you dont make money; then whats the point of a base? storage? that's what stations are for . no offence but you seem to be part of the problem.

3 your gold seller point can be easily countered with EVE online. they have the feature and the game is still going without no major issue as many other MMO.

i want to ask you if you are happy with the game being as it currently?

1. Hello Games just now started working on another game before they had one game. FDEV is working on and supporting 3 games.

2. Why am I part of the problem? Maybe you are the problem, because actually playing the game to make money is beneath you. I dont feel it is ok to have something in game that makes you money while you are not playing the game. To me that is lazy gaming.

3. A quick google search shows tons of sites that players auction off Eve Online money. Here was the first result. https://www.playerauctions.com/eve-isk/
I had friends that used to farm and sell accounts and items for Guild Wars and make a lot of money doing it.
The same would happen to ED. FDEV has stated that they dont want that to happen, so sorry no player to player trading/donating. We are already having issues with BGS/PP bots farming stuff to manipulate the system. Can you imagine how bad it would get if they allowed giving other players money.

Last edited:
1 atmo planets; I am slightly not agree about rising system requirements just to see clouds, godrays and whatever else related to air.

2 space legs; I am happy with current space station reception, I do not want spend time walking station to visit contacts; I do not want walk planets spending hours travelling from A to B; it is a space simulator and I want to return to pew pew as fast as possible.

3 crew. I do not need base. My ship is my home in the game. I do not want economic related activities.

4 explorer finds resource rich system Actually I did not quite get why you can't play this scenario now with friends.

5 add player to player trade/donate function. We have such activities already as missions from factions. I can use my imagination and easily pretend that I am doing a mission for real player. This changes nothing actually.

I have a feeling that the game is perfect.[noob]

1. Hello Games just now started working on another game before they had one game. FDEV is working on and supporting 3 games.

2. Why am I part of the problem? Maybe you are the problem, because actually playing the game to make money is beneath you. I dont feel it is ok to have something in game that makes you money while you are not playing the game. To me that is lazy gaming.

3. A quick google search shows tons of sites that players auction off Eve Online money. Here was the first result. https://www.playerauctions.com/eve-isk/
The same would happen to ED. FDEV has stated that they dont want that to happen, so sorry no player to player trading/donating.

1 Hello game staff is composed of 12+ members http://www.hellogames.org/about-us/
frontier is composed of 312 (2017) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_Developments
that is a 26 to 1 difference; you can justify it as much as you want but the number dont lie. they have 20x the manpower

2 making credits is not beneath me i a actually have a decent amount of it, but what am i supposed to do with it? buy more ships? what for? i rather have something that i can build on a planet maintain it defend it and as reward i get a payout called profit; i explained this point maybe you didn't read all of it. what would you be your end game dream for Elite Dangerous; the one thing that you would want on the game? Mine is to make an organization with other players where we can mine/manufacture wares. give a goal to the end game.

3 i didn't say that it wouldn't happen; it always happens. but did that killed EVE? no rigth. then Elite can do it too, the reason of this point is player organization. i invite a friend of mine to play he learns to play decent enough but i want to give him/her a better ship so we can do some real damage in a Cz per say; now i dont have to baby sit my friend and we can do the same for other players. we dont have to buy condas for everybody, we know not everybody likes the big 3.

you think you're not part of the problem but you demonstrate otherwise by not having enough vision for the game and that ok, but dont stand in the way of those that want to see this game improve and gain more popularity.

OP, as soon as someone disagreed with your comments, you immediately accused them of saying the game is perfect? Kind of narrow minded attitude you have there.

so to you the game is perfect? are you happy with the extreme grind?

1. no man sky added some of this feature and their player base boomed.

I don't grind, for me there isn't any.

Now lets deal with this, atmospheric planets in NMS.

The average size of a planet in NMS is 70km radius, yes you read that right, seventy kilometers. You can walk, yes walk, not drive or fly around one in about 12 hours. Do you understand the difference between simulating weather and atmospheric effects for a body 70kmin radius compared to bodies 7,000km+ radius? NMS is basically a toy to make you think you are playing a space game, and that's fine if that's what you want, but don't lets compare something that doesn't even try to be a realistic space sim to ED, the difference between the two is enormous in both scale and intentions.

I have played standard MMO's that have larger maps, and NMS essentially only has to do it a few times then hit copy/paste because the planets only consist of 5 types, whereas ED bodies properties are determined by a huge number of factors that can lead to thousands of different types of planets. The stellar forge generates a galaxy as realistic it is possible to do with current gaming technology, it's basically cutting edge gaming simulation territory so lets not draw comparisons, it's not fair to either game.

Saying NMS did it therefore it must be easy shows no understanding of the problems involved.

I don't grind, for me there isn't any.

Now lets deal with this, atmospheric planets in NMS.

The average size of a planet in NMS is 70km radius, yes you read that right, seventy kilometers. You can walk, yes walk, not drive or fly around one in about 12 hours. Do you understand the difference between simulating weather and atmospheric effects for a body 70kmin radius compared to bodies 7,000km+ radius? NMS is basically a toy to make you think you are playing a space game, and that's fine if that's what you want, but don't lets compare something that doesn't even try to be a realistic space sim to ED, the difference between the two is enormous in both scale and intentions.

I have played standard MMO's that have larger maps, and NMS essentially only has to do it a few times then hit copy/paste because the planets only consist of 5 types, whereas ED bodies properties are determined by a huge number of factors that can lead to thousands of different types of planets. The stellar forge generates a galaxy as realistic it is possible to do with current gaming technology, it's basically cutting edge gaming simulation territory so lets not draw comparisons, it's not fair to either game.

Saying NMS did it therefore it must be easy shows no understanding of the problems involved.

let me break this down for you:

1 staff size ED is bigger than hello games 20x times over.

2 the 70k planets was back in 2016, if you have any new documentation confirming this please elaborate.

3 yes i know NMS is cartoony looking but yet has more components than ED:NMS has grass, terrain type, trees, rock,
all in different shapes and size all this done RNG. Elite has.... a mesh with a texture and a description that says this texture is rocky, icy, metallic' give it some texture displacement values and voila. oh ED also has RNG very poorly may i add; oh and talkign about stellar forge i love how some moons just phase to each other; very realistic indeed. stellar forge is far from perfect of representing our galaxy. is relly good dont get me wrong is the only feature that makes ED unique.

4 to answer your big planet biome issue i point you to the notorious SC, yes the game is not released yet but you can play it and what u say that it cant be done yet, is literally done already. Frontier has demonstrated that they have no interest to improve; very lazy unfortunately.

5 you say that you don't grind; correct ?
so you dont do combat, trading,mining, passengers missions, gold rushes, exploration, engineering? im very curious to know how do you play maybe i can get some pointers from you. please share your play-style i am very curious.

Top Bottom