Dinosaurs Baby Dinosaurs

True, but that's why I meant that this feature should be added in a second game. (Follow my reasoning). Whereas I've heard that every Frontier game has a team to make a game... In a supposed JWE2, implementing breeding would be entirely possible, because in a second game, the budget for the production of the game would be better. They could reuse the same models of JWE's adult dinosaurs at JWE2, leaving money and time to make the models of babies and juveniles. If the Frontier itself was able to do this with Planet Zoo, why would it not in a game of the JW franchise!!??

How do you know anything about their budgets and revenue? Using all resources to make baby dinosaurs would take focus away from the real upgrades a game like this needs. And again, they have to get every single model approved by Universal. They don't need approval in Planet Zoo... That's why.

If the Frontier itself was able to do this with Planet Zoo, why would it not in a game of the JW franchise!!??

JWE is the baby of Universal... FD is like the nanny. In effect, Universal has the veto power in what can be & not be added or implemented.

How do you know anything about their budgets and revenue? Using all resources to make baby dinosaurs would take focus away from the real upgrades a game like this needs. And again, they have to get every single model approved by Universal. They don't need approval in Planet Zoo... That's why.
I agree, and I tell you, if Universal approved something like breeding would be just something complementary to the game, and not the main, the other aspects of the game would be better too. What I mean is that if the Frontier can bring breeding into Planet Zoo, they CAN YES bring this to a game from the JW franchise. But as you said yourself, to do that, they would need Universal's permission. I think there are many aspects of the game that could be improved, breeding would be just one among the various improvements

JWE is the baby of Universal... FD is like the nanny. In effect, Universal has the veto power in what can be & not be added or implemented.
I know these things are complicated, I'm just saying that if Frontier could get a permit from Universal... These suggestions could be implemented. The question is not whether or not the Frontier can do that, but whether or not they have the authorization to add certain improvements

I know these things are complicated, I'm just saying that if Frontier could get a permit from Universal... These suggestions could be implemented. The question is not whether or not the Frontier can do that, but whether or not they have the authorization to add certain improvements
It's not really a matter of FD being able to do what the community asks. It's a matter of getting approval from Universal. What may be beneficial to the playerbase, and/or FD, may not be beneficial to Universal, considering they own the IP.
You said so yourself in your reply to MarcWP: "They would need Universal's permission".
Consider this hypothetical scenario: Let's say JWE2 "is" "real" for 2021. Chances are, Universal may still, OR ,may still not allow dino breeding OR having destructible jeeps, etc. Everything depends on what Universal allows AFAIK, as any damage to the IP is basically damage to Universal.

It's not really a matter of FD being able to do what the community asks. It's a matter of getting approval from Universal. What may be beneficial to the playerbase, and/or FD, may not be beneficial to Universal, considering they own the IP.
You said so yourself in your reply to MarcWP: "They would need Universal's permission".
Consider this hypothetical scenario: Let's say JWE2 "is" "real" for 2021. Chances are, Universal may still, OR ,may still not allow dino breeding OR having destructible jeeps, etc. Everything depends on what Universal allows AFAIK, as any damage to the IP is basically damage to Universal.
Forgive my ignorance but... What is AFAIK and IP?

Er, I didn't know that. Does anyone know if Universal is very restrictive about new ideas and features in game or not? Because if it is the case, I think they're doing it wrong. For example, if a new Jurassic World game should be released, I would never buy it at full price like this one, I would wait at least 50% off. I was so disappointed to realize the game wasn't worth the 60€. And back then, I was pretty sure new content would come with a price... and tadaaa! We got payable DLC. Such a surprise...

@Guilherme
AFAIK = as far as I know
I don't know what "IP" means exactly, but I think Hykelion means that Universal owns the rights on the franchise. So they check what is made in the game so the franchise is not "damaged".

Thanks Avaruus, it's that English is not my native language. I understand what Hykelion meant, but I see no reason on Universal's part in restricting certain things. Breeding, marine Reptiles, pterosaurs and new constructions would be beneficial, how could this bring damage to Universal!?

Er, I didn't know that. Does anyone know if Universal is very restrictive about new ideas and features in game or not? Because if it is the case, I think they're doing it wrong. For example, if a new Jurassic World game should be released, I would never buy it at full price like this one, I would wait at least 50% off. I was so disappointed to realize the game wasn't worth the 60€. And back then, I was pretty sure new content would come with a price... and tadaaa! We got payable DLC. Such a surprise...

@Guilherme
AFAIK = as far as I know
I don't know what "IP" means exactly, but I think Hykelion means that Universal owns the rights on the franchise. So they check what is made in the game so the franchise is not "damaged".
I'm not sure if the exact word is restrictive. More like a combination of being restrictive & selective.
& yes, "IP" means "Intellectual Property".
Not sure about this, but we could assume Universal also gets a share of the pie when it comes to DLC sales.

Thanks Avaruus, it's that English is not my native language. I understand what Hykelion meant, but I see no reason on Universal's part in restricting certain things. Breeding, marine Reptiles, pterosaurs and new constructions would be beneficial, how could this bring damage to Universal!?
Well, if you guys remember, JWE's development was rushed by Universal to tie in with the release of Fallen Kingdom. If I remember correctly, the first teaser for the game was released on August 2017, the game was released on June 2018. Assuming thats 10months(more or less) for additional game development before release. That's why we ended up with a game engine thats difficult to change IMO. Hence the exclusion of marine & aviary animals. Even if FD wanted to add those, they couldnt because of the tight deadline. And now, we're stuck with the current game engine limitations. IF only Universal allowed more time for game development.

I'm not sure if the exact word is restrictive. More like a combination of being restrictive & selective.
& yes, "IP" means "Intellectual Property".
Not sure about this, but we could assume Universal also gets a share of the pie when it comes to DLC sales.

Well, if you guys remember, JWE's development was rushed by Universal to tie in with the release of Fallen Kingdom. If I remember correctly, the first teaser for the game was released on August 2017, the game was released on June 2018. Assuming thats 10months(more or less) for additional game development before release. That's why we ended up with a game engine thats difficult to change IMO. Hence the exclusion of marine & aviary animals. Even if FD wanted to add those, they couldnt because of the tight deadline. And now, we're stuck with the current game engine limitations. IF only Universal allowed more time for game development.
Truth, I agree with you, content such as marine reptiles, pterosaurs and breeding are very complex to implement in JWE, the mechanics of the game would not support such features. It is for this reason that a second game needs to be done, to implement these things that would leave the game more interesting. But as we know, developing games is not easy and not fast, but if they are already working on JWE2, it could be well worked and be rich in content up to 2021. We can't confirm anything, but I hope JWE2 is being done... And with much more content than the first game

I'm pretty certain the reason the game wouldn't have babies is because they're time consuming to develop, not because of the canon. There have been male/baby dinosaurs in every Jurassic Park film including the original. Colin Trevorrow even said JW had normal controlled breeding like any regular zoo. I believe the reason the animation director gave was that babies require 3 times as many models to be made.
Animation on the other hand might not be as big of a deal seeing how many dinosaurs of radically different proportions (Carnotaurus and Indominus) still share the majority of their animations. It's not unheard of for tycoon games to simply use an older juvenile state as an infant.

I'm pretty certain the reason the game wouldn't have babies is because they're time consuming to develop, not because of the canon. There have been male/baby dinosaurs in every Jurassic Park film including the original. Colin Trevorrow even said JW had normal controlled breeding like any regular zoo. I believe the reason the animation director gave was that babies require 3 times as many models to be made.
Animation on the other hand might not be as big of a deal seeing how many dinosaurs of radically different proportions (Carnotaurus and Indominus) still share the majority of their animations. It's not unheard of for tycoon games to simply use an older juvenile state as an infant.
Well... I do not say that implementing breeding would be something easy, but it is something possible, since the Frontier was able to do this in Planet Zoo. I think it is unlikely that this feature will be implemented in JWE, but it would be possible in JWE2 because the new mechanics of the game would allow such a feature. The question is... Will Universal allow Frontier to do this!? Zoos from all over the world control the population of their animals, but they do not prevent animals from reproducing. If a zoo cannot shelter one more species due to lack of space, simply transfer the animal to another zoo. In the game we could sell animals that reproduce to avoid overpopulation (fortunately, selling dinosaurs is already a feature present in the game)

content such as marine reptiles, pterosaurs and breeding are very complex to implement in JWE, the mechanics of the game would not support such features.
How do you know that for sure? Do you have any professional insight or any source to share to prove this information?

@Hykelion
Though I don't work with FD, i'm pretty sure that there are royalties to pay to Universal for every release concerning this game. Even DLCs. This how royalties work.

About the breeding, I don't know. My left hemisphere is shouting "yeeesssss, baby dinos plz!" while my right hemisphere keeps repetiting: "there are more important things to do in this game before any baby dinos". Overall, I think it wouldn't be such a good idea or, at the very least, such an urgent feature to implement.

Last edited:
How do you know that for sure? Do you have any professional insight of any source to share to prove this information?

@Hykelion
Though I don't work with FD, i'm pretty sure that there are royalties to pay to Universal for every release concerning this game. Even DLCs. This how royalties work.

About the breeding, I don't know. My left hemisphere is shouting "yeeesssss, baby dinos plz!" while my right hemisphere keeps repetiting: "there are more important things to do in this game before any baby dinos". Overall, I think it wouldn't be such a good idea or, at the very least, such an urgent feature to implement.
I already talked to a developer and he said that they will not add breeding because of the current mechanics of the game. But as the Frontier will not say anything about the leaks, I'm waiting for JWE2. (I know that there is no guarantee of a second game, but if it is real, these features can be added) Do you understand Me now? Breeding may not be something of necessity first, but it certainly has its importance, after all... It is extremely annoying to play only with female dinosaurs. The last update brought natural decorations, terrain tools and Jurassic Safari tour, plus 3 new dinosaurs, about constructions the only thing missing to get satisfactory is rest area, fountain and toilets. The dinosaur A. I is satisfactory, except that dinosaurs do not walk in herd as they should. Pack hunting is something highly requested by the community as well. In relation to breeding... The request of this feature is simply because... It is extremely annoying to play only with female dinosaurs, and they are animals, they need to reproduce. Dr Ian Malcom has made it clear from the beginning that life cannot be restrained, life finds a way. Why Prevent breeding!? If the goal is to control the population, just sell the babies, just as we do with the adult dinosaurs

I already talked to a developer and he said that they will not add breeding because of the current mechanics of the game. But as the Frontier will not say anything about the leaks, I'm waiting for JWE2. (I know that there is no guarantee of a second game, but if it is real, these features can be added) Do you understand Me now? Breeding may not be something of necessity first, but it certainly has its importance, after all... It is extremely annoying to play only with female dinosaurs. The last update brought natural decorations, terrain tools and Jurassic Safari tour, plus 3 new dinosaurs, about constructions the only thing missing to get satisfactory is rest area, fountain and toilets. The dinosaur A. I is satisfactory, except that dinosaurs do not walk in herd as they should. Pack hunting is something highly requested by the community as well. In relation to breeding... The request of this feature is simply because... It is extremely annoying to play only with female dinosaurs, and they are animals, they need to reproduce. Dr Ian Malcom has made it clear from the beginning that life cannot be restrained, life finds a way. Why Prevent breeding!? If the goal is to control the population, just sell the babies, just as we do with the adult dinosaurs

What would be the difference for your gameplay experience, if male dinosaurs were present? Since you say it's "annoying" to only have females? They would still behave totally identical. It would make no difference whatsoever...

What would be the difference for your gameplay experience, if male dinosaurs were present? Since you say it's "annoying" to only have females? They would still behave totally identical. It would make no difference whatsoever...
It makes a lot of difference... What? The fact that animals are animals and every animal needs to reproduce, after eating and drinking, breeding is the most important thing in the life of an animal. Some species have no sexual dimorphism, but species such as hadrossaurids have a difference in size in crests. In other words, the visible difference from male to female would be perceptible only in some species. But in the end they could all reproduce like ALL animals in nature. The fact that JW's dinosaurs are genetically modified is no excuse to prevent breeding, they are still animals. If you want to stop the overpopulation and do not want the baby, very simple... Sell the dinosaur. Imagine the Planet Zoo without male animals!! What a boring it would be!! Just because some species have no sexual dimorphism let's prevent breeding!? It doesn't make any sense.

Planet Zoo does not equate to JWE, and to an extent, JWE2, which doesn't even exist yet. Leaks hold no certainty.
Additionally, Planet Zoo has no restrictions when it comes to animal breeding, JW Franchise however, has 1, & it exists in 2 words: Universal Pictures.
Also, JP/JW franchise lore does not equate to real-life nature.

Planet Zoo does not equate to JWE, and to an extent, JWE2, which doesn't even exist yet. Leaks hold no certainty.
Additionally, Planet Zoo has no restrictions when it comes to animal breeding, JW Franchise however, has 1, & it exists in 2 words: Universal Pictures.
Also, JP/JW franchise lore does not equate to real-life nature.
And why the Lore JP/JW should not be based on real life!? From what I know, what makes a game good is its level of realism. It is extremely annoying to play only with female dinosaurs. As for Universal, it can prevent or allow breeding, but while we do not know, there is no reason to prevent certain features. How do you know that Universal will not allow breeding!? Planet Zoo is equivalent to JWE yes... And that's because the two are games of building zoos and were made by the same company. So because some features should be excluded in one game and present in the other, if they are made in two separate games but of the same type and by the SAME company!?

It makes a lot of difference... What? The fact that animals are animals and every animal needs to reproduce, after eating and drinking, breeding is the most important thing in the life of an animal. Some species have no sexual dimorphism, but species such as hadrossaurids have a difference in size in crests. In other words, the visible difference from male to female would be perceptible only in some species. But in the end they could all reproduce like ALL animals in nature. The fact that JW's dinosaurs are genetically modified is no excuse to prevent breeding, they are still animals. If you want to stop the overpopulation and do not want the baby, very simple... Sell the dinosaur. Imagine the Planet Zoo without male animals!! What a boring it would be!! Just because some species have no sexual dimorphism let's prevent breeding!? It doesn't make any sense.

Yes I agree that some colors and looks would be a little different (from our knowledge and guesses), but again, how does that make the gameplay any different? It's purely visually and nothing more... And the fact that it's a "human perception" of an extinct animal will have something to say... These animals are manufactured. And that means they could be made sterile from birth for example.

And there's a difference between actual animals, and human-made animals. The dinosaurs are not even realistic in the JW universe. And to me, it wouldn't change a thing if the animals in Planet Zoo didn't breed... The daily running of a Zoo is a lot easier with controlled breeding or not at all. That's a fact. So pretty easy to see, why they didn't want the dinosaurs to breed. Also considering how easy they can kill people. I would rather square up against a lion, than a Giganotosaurus. Haha

Top Bottom