Back - but very nervous

Hi
I’ve been away from ED for a long time, originally I’m one of the Kickstarter backers and loved this game on both my Mac and Ps4.

Due to a external project, my PS4 was packed away for a long time. (2 years)! Brought it out of retirement last month but have to say I’ve been so nervous about getting back into ED as I’ve forgotten all the controls!

Finally last night took up the courage to launch the game on the PS4 as (was sad to see Mac support dropped) Waited for the updates to complete, logged into my commander and just sat there, too nervous to launch incase I forgot the controls.

Decided to go backand try the training missions again like a noob and maybe it will all come back to me, but flew around a little still overthinking and starting at the controller before pressing a button and for some reason it just feels different than I remember - have the key bindings been changed?

Anyway, I’m sure I’ll pluck up the courage to take my commander back out in the black soon, but it’s great to be back again in the community and loving the new (to me) look to the interface and graphics.

Hi
I’ve been away from ED for a long time, originally I’m one of the Kickstarter backers and loved this game on both my Mac and Ps4.

Due to a external project, my PS4 was packed away for a long time. (2 years)! Brought it out of retirement last month but have to say I’ve been so nervous about getting back into ED as I’ve forgotten all the controls!

Finally last night took up the courage to launch the game on the PS4 as (was sad to see Mac support dropped) Waited for the updates to complete, logged into my commander and just sat there, too nervous to launch incase I forgot the controls.

Decided to go backand try the training missions again like a noob and maybe it will all come back to me, but flew around a little still overthinking and starting at the controller before pressing a button and for some reason it just feels different than I remember - have the key bindings been changed?

Anyway, I’m sure I’ll pluck up the courage to take my commander back out in the black soon, but it’s great to be back again in the community and loving the new (to me) look to the interface and graphics.
If you need support getting back into the game then you'll find loads of help in a range of discord servers, subreddits etc. If you're on discord i can send you a few invites, depending on what interests you.

Hi

Some things have changed yes. Triangle+up will switch between combat and analysis modes also upon entering a system after using discovery scan, you can now continue to scan the bodies of a system with the full spectrum scan (FSS) with L1+ triangle. There is more but atm thats all I can think of off hand. Im sure someone helpful with more details will be along to add to this. There is probably some YTs with this info as well but weeding through it may be annoying

Hey man, good luck!
I was a Beta backer myself.
I started playing for the first time, since the Beta last Xmas.

Back then, I got put off by the gankers, & my PC, was not that hot back then...
Play in solo, at least until you get the feel for things again...
Cos there are still lots of gankers around...
It is so nice, to just switch them off! :p

Been loving the game since I started playing again.
There are lots of tips on Youtube, to help you get going.
Good luck!

Key bindings changed when the old discovery scanner module was ditched and every ship had the frame shift scanner installed by default. This was handled pretty badly on console imo and was a total pita.

If you're nervous, maybe just start with your flight basics like, check you have what you need before you take off (rebuy fuel scoop, limpets, scanners etc) and then things like your 'drop to 75% throttle 7 seconds away from target' and not boosting near mailslot or in station.

Always wanted to remap either boost or landing; I still get a bit nervous when charging into a station in a Courier and not activating landing gear until virtually on the pad. I use the right hand panel sometimes if in a super fast ship.

Defo use and master the fss though and as others have mentioned, get used to quickly changing between combat mode and discovery mode.

Welcome back cmdr O7.

the new supercruise assistant is king. Don’t fly without it.

Choose a station and click into its meny and pick supercruise option.
aim nose at station and set thrust to the blue zone. Now it will autopoilot to the station.
You’ll never go afk and fly into a sun again

Top Bottom