Back from popular BAN! "Reverand's Rant"

I would like to say that you should. Objectively it is one of the greatest games ever made, but being in a good conscious and fully adequate I would not subject any human being to that pool of toxicity that is in the size of the Olympic pool, as if it was also simultaneously on fire. Not even to a person that makes slightly dodgy forum posts.
And some of the key features that game has, that make it one of the best. And one of the most vile online environments. Paradox.
meh... doesn't interest me... much like these forums. The game interests me, thus it is where I spend my time

Well, re-logging in game is already a horrible farming.
I'm not sure if you understood my point correctly.

If you open player 2 player trade in game, this will open a door to third party black market where people will sell in-game resources like credits and possibly (depending how the trade is arranged) mats and modules, paid with real money. Game companies usually try to avoid this phenomenon.

If so, you will accuse every game that has a paid expansion/DLC granting new content and gear of being Pay2Win, right?
only ones that include drastic advantages, within the paid "DLC", over players in a competitive environment, especially to the extent that engineering in ED has over Non-Engineered ships.

If you open player 2 player trade in game, this will open a door to third party black market where people will sell in-game resources like credits and possibly (depending how the trade is arranged) mats and modules, paid with real money. Game companies usually try to avoid this phenomenon.
An in depth thinker... I like you!

Deleted member 38366

D
I'd have only one solution that also encourages MultiPlayer/MMO interaction :

- while docked at the same Station/Outpost etc., permit Player-to-Player trade

Any Player can mark Materials and a trade limiter for all Elements/Materials/Data (things offered to trade away + things the Player is requiring/accepting + optional "Credits accepted"), "offering to trade" is broadcasted to the Station Services.
While any Player docked with this offer enabled, Station Services display something like "Materials Trading of Opportunity" which other Players can check for.

That way and intuitive/hassle-free, Players can do limited ad-hoc trading with random others while docked.

Fixed Trade ratios or the Credit fee as set by FDev.

So dock at any busy place and see what's in the pool.
Alternatively, Players operating in a Group/Power/PMF/Squadron can do this in a somewhat organized manner.

Pros - no fixed requirement to visit Mat Trader, a positive and beneficial/logical social/MMO aspect (meeting random strangers can now pay off)
Cons - you might not get what you want nor the desired quantity (merely an Opportunity); Players aren't Mat Traders with unlimited stocks after all, which remains their unique Quality

I'd have only one solution that also encourages MultiPlayer/MMO interaction :

- while docked at the same Station/Outpost etc., permit Player-to-Player trade

Any Player can mark Materials and a trade limiter for all Elements/Materials/Data (things offered to trade away + things the Player is requiring/accepting + optional "Credits accepted"), "offering to trade" is broadcasted to the Station Services.
While any Player docked with this offer enabled, Station Services display something like "Materials Trading of Opportunity" which other Players can check for.

That way and intuitive/hassle-free, Players can do limited ad-hoc trading with random others while docked.

Fixed Trade ratios or the Credit fee as set by FDev.

So dock at any busy place and see what's in the pool.
Alternatively, Players operating in a Group/Power/PMF/Squadron can do this in a somewhat organized manner.

Pros - no fixed requirement to visit Mat Trader, a positive and beneficial/logical social/MMO aspect (meeting random strangers can now pay off)
Cons - you might not get what you want nor the desired quantity (merely an Opportunity); Players aren't Mat Traders with unlimited stocks after all, which remains their unique Quality
I really like this IDEA!!! I think I'll edit the original Post to include it!!

I wasn't talking about player to player trading using outside resources, my understanding of a "Market place" would be something like an Auction house, where people post items for auction and use in-game resources that they work for to pay for the item. I don't see how it would encourage trading outside the game itself but my understanding of economics in games is a bit limited.

iu

Not owning an expansion is deserving of being underpowered. Everyone who owns all expansions are on equal footing.

I'm glad basegame-only scrubs who are too cheap to buy Horizons for £5 can get ruined by engineered ships.

If you want Pay2Win go elsewhere.
again... ED is indeed P2W. As are all the others you're trying to separate it from

again... ED is indeed P2W. As are all the others you're trying to separate it from
You couldn't possibly make an expansion with a good amount of content for paying players, and still somehow make sure nobody with base game is left out. What you're apparently suggesting is absurd. Game went on multitude of sales with Horizons for a price of a few packets of crisps. I suppose it's FD's mistake not increasing a base price by a few bucks and just auto shipping Horizons with it. Then people wouldn't have these conversations about why paying customers got more than the ones that didn't pay. And nobody would come up with backwards arguments why lootboxes should be added into the game. Circus, I'm telling ya.

Have you ever noticed that, on internet forums, most people will just post in any thread on any subject that they're interested in?

Conversely, there are always one or two members who mostly just start threads of their own and are rearely seen in any other threads.

Just sayin'....
Interestingly, the secondary type of poster (majority-commenting in their own threads only) is against Reddit's sitewide rules and would be banned. It's categorised as self-promotion.

Pay-to-win is a mechanic, where you can skip parts of the gameplay for money. Exactly what you're proposing.

The fact that by owning DLC you're having an advantage over non-DLC player isn't exactly the same. It might seem unfair, but in a game like Elite it's hardly a problem. It's not PvP focused, and frankly, Base Elite is more like test drive, where you can check if the rest is worth investing into.

Top Bottom