News Balancing Mission Rewards

Hey everyone,

Just a quick post to let you know that we've made a few balancing tweaks this morning with regards to missions in the game. Many mission rewards have been increased, while passenger mission rewards are slightly decreased to create a better overall balance across the board. This balance is part of an on-going process and we will continue to make changes as required.

Additionally, we've fixed an issue whereby passenger missions will now award points toward the correct Elite rank.

Interesting. Will do a few then...
Did a bunch of missions before this since they were still good affecting influence in systems [smile]

Yes Arubeto, I think he were referring to the Trading Rank.

Thanks for bringing these great news Dale :)

I remember reading that VIPs count towards Exploration rank (as you have to travel *a lot*) and bulk passengers towards Trade rank.

I can be wrong, but that would make sense.

Currently on a long range Passenger mission (26k ly out). Will the rank fix apply to existing, in progress, mission or will it only apply to new missions?

Praise Dave and his DEVs. Now I feel confident to play once again.
Please announce any such fixes in advance with a similar Sticky - I feel this was important.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Just a quick post to let you know that we've made a few balancing tweaks this morning with regards to missions in the game. Many mission rewards have been increased, while passenger mission rewards are slightly decreased to create a better overall balance across the board. This balance is part of an on-going process and we will continue to make changes as required.

Additionally, we've fixed an issue whereby passenger missions will now award points toward the correct Elite rank.

Can you give an example? your post is very vague.

Are the missions that give out biotech conductor/articulation motors/anomalous bulk scan data/modular terminals give out other materials? Can we find exquisite focus crystals now in missions, are the rest of the 'mission reward' engineer mats making a comeback?

Are smuggling/hauling missions worth more than jack all now?

Are there more missions now rather than 0/0 which you get even though you're completely allied with all factions within 1 system and none of them offering any missions at all regardless of state?

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/eblK6

This balance pass does not make sense, who would ever do these missions? I do not find any incentive to do any of them

Last edited:
Well, I think the passenger missions might have been over done a touch.

I have just seen two with no financial reward at all, just materials to blow out the cargo hatch. I am looking at 27,600cr to take a criminal 23ly. The best one I see is 6Mcr to take a secretive passenger a total of 48,000ly. Now when I last did a trip of about that length I earned 40M without any passengers and that 6M extra would not have been any compensation for their rather demanding nature or time limit.

Top Bottom