Basic Multi-Crew Summary

Ok do I have anything wrong on this table.....

Ship
Seats
SLF
Multi-Crew
MC Roles
Sidewinder
N
N
N/A
Eagle / Imperial Eagle
N
N
N/A
Hauler
N
N
N/A
Viper Mk III / Mk IV
N
N
N/A
Diamondback Scout
N
N
N/A
Diamondback Explorer
N
N
N/A
Imperial Courier
N
N
N/A
Type 6
N
N
N/A
Type 7
N
N
N/A
Keelback
Y
N
N/A
Adder
N
Y
Gunner only
Cobra Mk III / Mk IV
N
Y
Gunner only
Vulture
N
Y
Gunner only
Imperial Clipper
N
Y
Gunner only
Federal Dropship
N
Y
Gunner only
Federal Assault Ship
N
Y
Gunner only
Federal Gunship
Y
Y
Gunner or Pilot
Python
N
Y
Gunner only
Asp Scout / Asp Explorer
N
Y
Gunner only
Fer-de-Lance
N
Y
Gunner only
Orca
N
Y
Gunner only
Anaconda
Y
Y
Gunner and/or Pilot
Type 9
Y
Y
Gunner and/or Pilot
Beluga
Y
Y
Gunner and/or Pilot
Imperial Cutter
Y
Y
Gunner and/or Pilot
Federal Corvette
Y
Y
Gunner and/or Pilot

Not sure where you are heading at but we shouldn't forget one thing.
With the smaller ships like the Cobra who on earth would seriously fit turrets on them?
And no turrets no gunners, right? :p

Well more just listing what is possible and not rather if it is recommended. But heck I would fit turrets on a Sidey if a buddy could hop in and we could have some fun.

Not sure where you are heading at but we shouldn't forget one thing.
With the smaller ships like the Cobra who on earth would seriously fit turrets on them?
And no turrets no gunners, right? :p

AFAIR gunners will also be able to lock and fire missles at any angle... could turn out to be a very useful feature, worth taking a gunner for :)

It's not a great list. Basically the only way I will use it is if they add another seat to the keelback.

You won't use my list or you won't use Multi-crew? Your pronoun usage was confusing. Anyways I'm not really commenting on the good/bad aspects of multi-crew just trying to to get the current facts straight so me and my wingmates will not what is what.

- - - Updated - - -

In that case the gunner could serve the role of the backseat driver

Crap Orix! Did I just REPORT you....meant to give you REP if I reported you I apologize! MODS Don't listen to me...I'm crazy.

Last edited:
I can definitely see a turret change happening. Worse auto tracking, less dmg reduction (compared to gimballed/fixed).

1 thing that surprises me....

i am not sure why MC needs a seat. take the python, i have not been in her recently but iirc there are banks of computer terminals along the side of the bridge. I dunno how many of you watched star trek but many of the bridge personnel would stand, and given its only holograms it hardly a health and safety issue.

with this in mind, there are not many losers I do not suppose, but the keel back is one. that ship is suited to turrets and further more has an SLF bay, so would be perfect for 2 players, and possible even for 3.

example here of Mr Spok using his scanner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0SJ9HuB5k

Last edited:
You won't use my list or you won't use Multi-crew? Your pronoun usage was confusing. Anyways I'm not really commenting on the good/bad aspects of multi-crew just trying to to get the current facts straight so me and my wingmates will not what is what.

Your list is rubbish, I am not using it unless they add a seat to the keelback ;-). It did sound confusing now that I have read it back. The list of ships is bad. I don't fly any of the ships with SLF except the keelback. I have no rank for the FGS and have no wish to fly any of the bigger ships. Looks like I am pretty well stuffed.

But I am pretty sure you new exactly what I meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't the dude just sit on the floor?

That would be fine if it was allowed.

In that case the gunner could serve the role of the backseat driver

More like an observer, like on the F-14. The gunner can pan around and resolve targets (basic wanted scan), do a kill warrant scan, etc. It may not be super fun, but it's hardly useless.

Also, gunners can fire missiles launchers in all directions. So even if you don't have turrets, they can still fire missiles if you have them.

1 thing that surprises me....

i am not sure why MC needs a seat. take the python, i have not been in her recently but iirc there are banks of computer terminals along the side of the bridge. I dunno how many of you watched star trek but many of the bridge personnel would stand, and given its only holograms it hardly a health and safety issue.

with this in mind, there are not many losers I do not suppose, but the keel back is one. that ship is suited to turrets and further more has an SLF bay, so would be perfect for 2 players, and possible even for 3.

example here of Mr Spok using his scanner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0SJ9HuB5k

Given your MC comrades are holograms, there's no need for them sitting in a chair, obviously reserved for holograms, pressing buttons or wobbling joysticks at all. They might as well float around your bridge in a T-pose or act like pressing buttons while facing the wall. What's the purpose of projecting the others as holograms to your bridge again?

Not sure where you are heading at ...

Well, it's like this. There's an update coming, and there are ships with various seats, and new roles for players on some of those ships. And this here guy is making a list of what ships have what available roles.

Or, think of it this way. There are three wagons. Maybe dolly can sit in some of them. Maybe in some of them, there isn't room for dolly! This is a list of the wagons, showing which wagons dolly can sit in, and which wagons dolly doesn't fit in!

It's all about knowing how many of your wagons dolly can fit in.

Awesome!
<Thinks> UA and Dangerous Unstable Cargos, hold integrity. Security monitoring and scientist outside the bridge.
Here's your geiger counter! (aka. rep)

Nothing like a cold beer with a view of the stars... not sure why the geiger counter keeps making that horrible static sound though :D

Top Bottom