Be careful when auto docking

I just got permission to land at a station and thought to my self it would be a good time to go potty. When I got back I was almost docked and the timer had one minute left. I noticed a piece of debries float by and thought there may be a piece beneath me keeping me from completing the dock. I manage to bypass the auto dock and saw that indeed there was a piece of debris right where I was trying to auto dock. Got out of station with 3 seconds to spare. Requested docking again and fortunately got reassigned to a different pad with no debris.

Thus be careful, one must watch their six at all times and beneath them when auto docking apparently.

The Auto-Launch feature will sometimes let you get caught in the interior superstructure surrounding the MailSlot of Asteroid Stations - (between the wall of the Station and the metal struts) - Use the same tactic when getting entangled with the toast rack - (Landing gear deploy \ retract + Maneuvering), before the 5 minute time limit activates the defenses.

My Advanced Docking Computer managed to wedge my Cutter sideways on launching in the Mail Toaster Slot while I was away for a quickie bio break. I mean no amount of movement left. So pressed Escape and waited for the countdown and ended up restarting the game. Was in the parking garage on getting back in. All bugs are not worked out of it yet.

I've had the auto launch smash me repeatedly into structures and landing pads. It can also just push the nose into the structure just above or below the slot and leave you there. So, it's best not to simply walk off when using it.

Auto dock seems to be much less buggy than auto launch in my experience, but both can screw up.

It's seems to be worse at station that are having a lot of new construction going on. Some stations are getting so convoluted with new construction that one can not land as they once did. A lot of station's now depending on pad, require on to fly straight in and then descend all the way down rather than descend on the way to the pad.

The latest Sept update doesn't like the Cutter as it will as it will often scrape the mail slot trying to leave a station with auto launch activated. Approaching a planetary station manually lining up close to the pad then I let the DC complete the dock. Sort of like after entering an orbiting station manually then letting the DC dock. However the DC decides to point the Cutter nose up then boost! Oh well, tickets have been submitted.

Last edited:
I tried DC in my new T9, mainly because I keep getting run into by stupid NPCs who don't listen to the "Make way for larger vessels" announcement, and the broken DC banged me up almost as much, so I junked it.

I don't even want or need a DC, but it sure would be nice if this game had proper ATC!

Top Bottom