Be honest everyone. Who will most likely purchase the Python MkII..?

This is true my friend. I'm trying, and was approaching hooray territory.... just before all my Arx lost half their value yesterday.
....I suddenly lost my sense of humour.

Flimley
I've only read about the price increases, not visited the store yet. If it's that bad, then it seems like this company have turned the phrase "shooting themselves on the foot" into a form of arx...

I just rejoined Elite after a 3 years break and didn't get any rumors while i was out.
The Python is the blue print of a multi role vessel, i never thought a MkII version is a heavy fighter.

The ship i'm describing doesn't exist.
Imho lacks the Krait cargo space to be an alternative to the Python. Shure it is faster and jumps a better. But it is no update of a Python. I hoped a little better Python.

Bottom line is that it shouldn't be called a Python MkII. If they'd called it, just as an example, a Python Elite, it would have been better interpreted as a proper variant. Done and dusted. Calling it a MkII however implies that it's an improved/upgraded version of the original - think, say, Spitfire, for example - which it is not. The only actual similarity between them is a few base design elements.

Irrespective of the name, I don't see it as a MkII. It's just a variant. In all honesty, they would have been better off giving it a completely new design and name. It ain't a Python to me.

I've only read about the price increases, not visited the store yet. If it's that bad, then it seems like this company have turned the phrase "shooting themselves on the foot" into a form of arx...
I know this was tongue in cheek but speaking of FDev shooting themselves in the foot... I would highly recommend that everyone who has purchased from the store check that everything they "own" is still there. I just went to apply one of my Pink Chevron skins to a new Tormentor I just purchased and...nope...gone, not in the store anymore and not in my inventory available for application. Checked my Oppressor which I also have that skin for and yes it is still on the weapon but not in the store and not in the cosmetics inventory available for application.

I am about to go through all of my ARX purchases but to be honest I am not even sure I can remember every thing I have purchased over the last 10 years...

I know this was tongue in cheek but speaking of FDev shooting themselves in the foot... I would highly recommend that everyone who has purchased from the store check that everything they "own" is still there. I just went to apply one of my Pink Chevron skins to a new Tormentor I just purchased and...nope...gone, not in the store anymore and not in my inventory available for application. Checked my Oppressor which I also have that skin for and yes it is still on the weapon but not in the store and not in the cosmetics inventory available for application.

I am about to go through all of my ARX purchases but to be honest I am not even sure I can remember every thing I have purchased over the last 10 years...
Send a ticket. Support should be able to check and compare (and restore)

After seeing Buur's hands on Python Mk2 - i have doubts i will get it early
It sure has 4 large hardpoints, 2 mediums and 6 utility slots, but only Size 6 PP and PD - so already it lost a good deal of means of powering those wonderful 6 hardpoints

Then it lost most of its internals and i mean MOST if its internals
The original Python has Size 6 x3, Size 5 x2, Size 4 x1, Size 3 x2, Size 2 x1 and Size 1 x1 >>> a grand total of 10 internals
The Python Mk2 has Size 6 x1, Size 4 x1, Size 3 x1, Size 2 x1 and Size 1 x3 >>> a grand total of 7 internals (losing 2x size 6, 2x size 5 and a size 3 while gaining 2x size 1)

Lots of lost internals plus losing size 7 PP and PD - i dont even know what's worse losing pp and pd or losing that much internals

I dont even think it deserves the Python name anymore. They could have name it basically ANTHING

Well, i did expect the new Mk2 to lose a good chunk of its internals, but not that much anyways
What i didnt expect to lose is the Size 7 PP and PD

If it helps, think of it as the Alliance SuperChief. 6 hardpoints on a class 6 PP/PD. Two large center-line hardpoints supported by well converged others. Presumably maneuverable.

I dont even think it deserves the Python name anymore. They could have name it basically ANTHING
Perhaps they could have called it the "Fer-de-Lance Ghost" (taking inspiration from the Kraits and with a stealthy usage in mind)...

Well, i did expect the new Mk2 to lose a good chunk of its internals, but not that much anyways
What i didnt expect to lose is the Size 7 PP and PD
Lower maximum power profile for more stealth ops friendly builds? Something will be needed to infiltrate the new Stronghold Fleets and then deal massive damage when it gets there...Seems like this might be right up the P2's alley? 🤷‍♂️

you need a bigger PP not a smaller one, so you can g5 low emissions with thermal spread - a smaller PP wont do it
Anyways, the size 6 PP cannot power prismatics+6 skill boosters + 4 plasmas and 2 rails...
Sure.Though that mix of weapons may not be what's needed to damage/infitrate the stronghold fleet megaships, not necessarily vs. other players directly.

you need a bigger PP not a smaller one, so you can g5 low emissions with thermal spread - a smaller PP wont do it
Anyways, the size 6 PP cannot power prismatics+6 skill boosters + 4 plasmas and 2 rails...
The size 6 being unable to power those modules won't be a problem for everyone.

For example I have never had a Prismatic except maybe in a beta years ago and I am not getting plasmas or rails until they come on gimbals as a minimum.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
This sounds like a well OP meta. Surely we don't need another one?

Top Bottom