Behold... The Fuel Rats' Logo

Absolutely incredible. Well done all rats involved! Human ingenuity applies to not only the physical realm, but the virtual realm too! :)

This is absolutely, brilliantly, ridiculously insanely amazing. I can't even imagine the effort to plan and plot this out, let alone do the travelling.

Utterly brilliant and congrats on such a fine job.

On another note, is their a list of other graffiti? I know the Elite Logo has been done, and someone did their CMDR name, but I've never seen/heard of the Coriolis. Any others? Links?

Excellent job and congrats!

And why hasn't this been sticky'd in the Featured Commanders and/or Exploration sections?! MODS!!! Get off your fannies! :D
It is being kept in the main thread, because as you can plainly see; it affects the whole Galaxy.

Oh see, now the Galactic Police (an alien race who never bothered with us until now) will be chapping at Fuel Rat HQ, issuing a fine for a squllion credits for galactic vandalism. And thus the price of fish will rise to unfeasible limits, many will starve, there'll be a bubble-sized famine, rioting in the stations, failure of diplomacy, open war declared... the end of human civilization.

I hope you're happy 'Fuel Rats'. This'll be all on you.

(Awesome job... you're all mad!)

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Orca_Newsletter_50.jpg

All right, I think I've waited the appropriate amount of time for the high fiving, tears of joy & adulation, back slapping, bro-hugging and OMG THE FUEL RATS R SO AMAZING's! The time has come to set the record straight about this nefarious outfit that has the community completely duped. It brings me no pleasure to be the one to share the awful truth about them (as compiled by the Overlord), but somebody has to...
[video=youtube;H0dnGWXD8E0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0dnGWXD8E0&t=6s[/video]
And now we can add graffiti on a galactic scale to their growing list of crimes!

Last edited:
This is such an amazing accomplishment can someone involved do a YouTube video on how this was done.
How do you layout the graphics and find all the way points then task all the cmdrs to fly their routes,
lastly compiling all the data. I think this would make a very interesting story.

This is such an amazing accomplishment can someone involved do a YouTube video on how this was done.
How do you layout the graphics and find all the way points then task all the cmdrs to fly their routes,
lastly compiling all the data. I think this would make a very interesting story.

I can't speak for the initial laying out of the graphic but essentially Malibu turned the image into a series of co-ordinates, scaled and positioned for the grid that we see in the galaxy map.

The co-ordinates for each series of points (central drawing, left eye, right eye, various rings and the individual letters of the inscription) were then put into separate spreadsheets and each volunteer pilot was then assigned one or more of these to draw.

For example, I did the first letter 'C' in "OCCASIONEM". My spreadsheet looked like this ..

RTVqt5F.png

So first of all I had to find my start system for -10210,4903. To do this you tilt the galaxy map down so you're looking directly down on the grid and you move to those co-ordinates. Then you have to move up and down the Z axis (+/- 100ly but preferably not too far from 0) trying to find a system that's as close as possible to those X,Y co-ordinates. You fly there and then repeat for the next system and plot a route. Sometimes the route plotter goes a bit off course and gives you a rather jaggy line so then you'd do some manual plotting to make it a straighter route. And of course you have to watch out for fuel.

When you're all done you use EDDiscovery to export the relevant portion of your travel logs and send it to Malibu who co-ordinates everything (as well a flying a lot of the drawing himself) and then uses Orvidius' excellent tool to turn the whole thing into a video.

Simples! :p

P.S. here's a video of my complete journey there and back again ...

[video=youtube_share;837i2UlLFHw]https://youtu.be/837i2UlLFHw[/video]

Last edited:
That is incredible. I found myself cheering when two lines joined up, imagining the commanders had met for a chat.
Massive well done to everyone involved o7

Top Bottom