Being Able to Manually Control Rides

I think it would be a cool idea to be able to hop behind the already existing control panel (mostly for coasters) and able to control the ride entirely. I.e Being able to open gates,harnesses,dispatch trains, Etc.

Last edited:
What would you want to control that isnt already available? If its a power launch you set the speed, the rest takes care of itself.

I think it would be a cool idea to be able to hop behind the already existing control panel (mostly for coasters) and able to control the ride entirely. I.e Being able to open gates,harnesses,dispatch trains, Etc.

That's starting to sound like a job.

Yes this is a great idea to be able to control every aspect of the ride. It can get boring to watch everything happen automatically. Maybe one day I load my park and say ... hey... i want to play the role of ride operator today...... i get to push the big red button to launch the ride... i let them ride twice.... stop the ride mid-air and everyone is like what?... lol.... it's fun to mess around with things sometimes and see the reactions... more options, more control = more fun.... same old thing can get very boring...

Last edited by a moderator:
stop the ride mid-air and everyone is like what?... lol....

I don't think that is actually possible, maybe I am wrong though? Can a coaster be stopped in the middle? I swear I did see one once that stopped part way, and then was started again, but how is that possible? I don't think that it actually is... if the chain is the only motorized part, and the station is the only part with any brakes, the rest is just like a slide that works purely on momentum.

I don't think that is actually possible, maybe I am wrong though? Can a coaster be stopped in the middle? I swear I did see one once that stopped part way, and then was started again, but how is that possible? I don't think that it actually is... if the chain is the only motorized part, and the station is the only part with any brakes, the rest is just like a slide that works purely on momentum.

Most coasters will have block brake sections which can stop the train, as long as the track continues downwards after the brakes then the trains should be able to continue to complete the course. Sometimes they need a helping hand though: [big grin] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FidKa1dRovg&feature=youtu.be&t=2m27s

Yes this is a great idea to be able to control every aspect of the ride. It can get boring to watch everything happen automatically. Maybe one day I load my park and say ... hey... i want to play the role of ride operator today...... i get to push the big red button to launch the ride... i let them ride twice.... stop the ride mid-air and everyone is like what?... lol.... it's fun to mess around with things sometimes and see the reactions... more options, more control = more fun.... same old thing can get very boring...

Don't forget in the finished game we will also be continouslly tweeking the entire park to meet the needs and desires of our guests.

Something like this doesn't work very well, it isn't exactly the really detailed and complicated system they have in NL2 or IRL. If you want to run a ride, go to ridesims.com...

I never liked this idea either. Even when the community first suggested it years ago on another game's thread, most people were like "Isn't that just a minigame for a smartphone?"

I never liked this idea either. Even when the community first suggested it years ago on another game's thread, most people were like "Isn't that just a minigame for a smartphone?"

Agree, not a fan. Controlling the rides doesn't fit in this type of game. And personally doesn't interest me one bit

Top Bottom