PvP Being the anchor is a challange but fun...

No, I know exactly what you're doing, it's just predictable because you're doing the exact same thing the entire time you're trying to evade. Takes 1-2 shots to figure out the timing, then it's 100% hit rate from there.
you are wrong cause i am changing the direction of the spiral and also the vertical vector of it coincidentally. so your suggested counter method would fail.

ryan_m

Banned
you are wrong cause i am changing the direction of the spiral and also the vertical vector of it coincidentally. so your suggested counter method would fail.

I'm not wrong, I watched the video and I've fought and killed you a bunch of times. You aren't evasive at all.

I do want some lessons on evasive flying.

This video is a good start. Generally, when you fly evasive, you want to do 2 things: avoid as much damage as possible AND allow your wingmates to do as much damage as possible. Both of those goals depend on each other.

The general strategy is to always try and give your opponent as small a window as possible to hit you and the best way to do that is to boost back through the "fur ball" of the fight. This requires your opponents to constantly have to adjust their vectors and aiming to line you up and track you AND allows your wingmates to better support you. In the video I linked, you can see Yamato jousting Falco constantly, because this is the person he is most worried about for damage output and the person he wants to kill too. By jousting, he gives Falco a small window to do damage before Yamato has passed him.

After Yamato's shields drop, he begins flying VERY erratically because all his internals are now exposed to railguns which is a rough position to be in. Compare this to OP's video where he just twirls around, not targeting anyone to check their positioning or making any attempt to react to the damage being done to him.

This is the difference between a low-skill pilot and a high-skill pilot. Yamato is the best in the game.

I'm not wrong, I watched the video and I've fought and killed you a bunch of times. You aren't evasive at all.

lmao we didn't met in game for more then one year. and iirc you didnt kill me a single time.
if you want to discuss with me things personally i would recommand take the way to pn.
we should not bore the other forum participants with our personal antipathy.

ryan_m

Banned
lmao we didn't met in game for more then one year. and iirc you didnt kill me a single time.
if you want to discuss with me things personally i would recommand take the way to pn.
we should not bore the other forum participants with our personal antipathy.

We've fought within the last 6 months and I have seen you pop plenty of times. You probably don't remember because of how often you and your Citadel friends get dunked on by us so that's cool. It all just probably blurs together.

But hey, man, keep doing what you're doing. I'm glad that you're satisfied with lasting a minute and a half lol

We've fought within the last 6 months and I have seen you pop plenty of times. You probably don't remember because of how often you and your Citadel friends get dunked on by us so that's cool. It all just probably blurs together.
well my logs tell a different story. i invite you to stay on the truth.
and btw. i never saw your name on my rebuy screen ;)

Attachments

• Ryan_M17.pdf
    29.5 KB · Views: 376

ryan_m

Banned
well my logs tell a different story. i invite you to stay on the truth.
and btw. i never saw your name on my rebuy screen ;)

So wait, to prove your point that you haven't fought me in a year you post logs where we fought less than 7 months ago and I said 6 months? Bold move.

Do me a favor, post the context around this date: "2018-09-14T21:21:50Z"

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
If you have nothing to say about anchoring and/or being evasive, then don't say anything at all, as that is the topic here. And if you still choose to, expect to not be able to post in this thread for a while.
Simples.

Quick question about evasion: is the leading reticle based on current velocity, or are the thrusters factored in? For instance, if you spam lateral/vertical thrusters at random, would the enemy's reticle move significantly, or would you have to actually start moving perceptibly before it compensated?

The Replicated Man

T
Quick question about evasion: is the leading reticle based on current velocity, or are the thrusters factored in? For instance, if you spam lateral/vertical thrusters at random, would the enemy's reticle move significantly, or would you have to actually start moving perceptibly before it compensated?

Yes thruster velocity matters (Lateral or vertical) For you and for the opponent.

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Bazinga explained this to me a while back and have been using it anytime I have used Fixed Weapons.

Boost Bleeding: You have "some" control over the targets leading reticle. You can do this by manipulating your thrusters in any direction and boosting at the same time.

When you boost your vertical and lateral thrusters get a little more oomph to them. You can pull their leading reticle closer to your reticle on a pass and land your PA's and Cannons.

Vice Versa this works for dodging PA's and Cannons if you can hold onto your boost during a pass vs someone with PA's. This is really good with gimballed multies because you dont need to fly directly at them since gimbals allow you to have ToT and high maneuverability at the same time while they are in a more fixed position for damage trade-off's.

ryan_m

Banned
Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Bazinga explained this to me a while back and have been using it anytime I have used Fixed Weapons.

Boost Bleeding: You have "some" control over the targets leading reticle. You can do this by manipulating your thrusters in any direction and boosting at the same time.

When you boost your vertical and lateral thrusters get a little more oomph to them. You can pull their leading reticle closer to your reticle on a pass and land your PA's and Cannons.

Vice Versa this works for dodging PA's and Cannons if you can hold onto your boost during a pass vs someone with PA's. This is really good with gimballed multies because you dont need to fly directly at them since gimbals allow you to have ToT and high maneuverability at the same time while they are in a more fixed position for damage trade-off's.

That's exactly right. When boosting ALWAYS use it in conjunction with a vert/lat thruster to help move that reticle for you. Another thing that a lot of people do is they fall into a predictable boost pattern which makes it a little easier to line shots up. Try and vary it a bit, sometimes drift a little more than you normally would.

That's exactly right. When boosting ALWAYS use it in conjunction with a vert/lat thruster to help move that reticle for you. Another thing that a lot of people do is they fall into a predictable boost pattern which makes it a little easier to line shots up. Try and vary it a bit, sometimes drive a little more than you normally would.

So spinning in a straight line yelling NGGGGGGGGGGGGGG at the top of your lungs is generally not a good idea? How UnReAl is that?

If you would like to learn something, you can add me to your friends list.
This video is a good start. Generally, when you fly evasive, you want to do 2 things: avoid as much damage as possible AND allow your wingmates to do as much damage as possible. Both of those goals depend on each other.

The general strategy is to always try and give your opponent as small a window as possible to hit you and the best way to do that is to boost back through the "fur ball" of the fight. This requires your opponents to constantly have to adjust their vectors and aiming to line you up and track you AND allows your wingmates to better support you. In the video I linked, you can see Yamato jousting Falco constantly, because this is the person he is most worried about for damage output and the person he wants to kill too. By jousting, he gives Falco a small window to do damage before Yamato has passed him.

After Yamato's shields drop, he begins flying VERY erratically because all his internals are now exposed to railguns which is a rough position to be in. Compare this to OP's video where he just twirls around, not targeting anyone to check their positioning or making any attempt to react to the damage being done to him.

This is the difference between a low-skill pilot and a high-skill pilot. Yamato is the best in the game.

Thank you for the kind offerings. As expected, I'd say. Fighting top tier or at least decent PVP CMDRs, watching PVP videos, I've done both. However neither of them really inspired me again after me reaching a plateau.

This time I'm saying, The top tier could share more, like input instructions or timing suggestions in a fight, or detailed analysis of some fights (what they did in the fight and why they did this and the consequences), for someone to learn from. I have to say I've barely seen things like these. Not to insult anyone, but fighting and watching PVP videos that don't have any explanation, is just like putting raw meat in front barbarians and ask them to cook it. Some can make a fire, others couldn't.

This time I'm saying, The top tier could share more, like input instructions or timing suggestions in a fight, or detailed analysis of some fights (what they did in the fight and why they did this and the consequences), for someone to learn from. I have to say I've barely seen things like these.

There is stuff just like you proposed around. I dont have the capacity to search for all the specific videos. However, here are a couple pointers. Google:

Cmdr Truesilvers Top Tips (Evasion, Gimballed Pulse Disco and another one I cant recall right now)

Cmdr Starmony´s Melee FDL & Breaking Wings w/ a Melee FDL

Cmdr Na´Quan (has some videos with explanation overlays.)

For off-the-grid tactics look for Cmdr Threeofnine and Fly Auburn. They, too, have a couple videos with explanations.

Then there are a couple PvP videos by Cmdr Exegious starring SDC (Ryan M) and some fights (1v1 & wing) with explanations too.

Most of these date a while back. Also check the comments and crossreference. I found them to be most insteresting in regards to actual tactics, strategies and flying, in contrast to most recent stuff which is more about engineering or just plain PvP recordings. Feels like there was a "Golden Age" in E:D before Engineers happened, which I unfortunately missed, where it was more about the flightmodel and tactics than the chase for the Meta of the Weak.

i will explain the manoever i used here in detail. imho its not so hard to reproduce and its very effective when you are in focus fire of ships which have slow plasmas mounted - the strongest weapon in game.

WING FOCUS SITUATION
FAOFF
pips 3-3-0 (you can change to 4-2-0 from time to time if you can handle it BUT you always need enough energy in engines to perma boost)
go in a slight roll. not too much - cause when you roll your ship too much the spiral will be smaller and so you are easier to hit
boost and activate full letheral thrust in the direction of the roll by pressing the letheral thrust button BEFORE you activate the boost.
during the boost duration press a little vertical thrust from time to time (not the full boost time though). it does not matter if its up or down just make it coincidentally. you can also do one boost with letheral thrust only - the important fact here is that the enemy is not able to anticipate how the next spiral move will look like.
use a little yaw in the direction of the letheral boost to initiate the spiral
after 1 to 3 boost durations - coincidentally - change the direction of the spiral by roll in the other direction and boost with letheral thrusters in the opposite direction then before and also change the yaw of course.
you can also change the grade of the roll move - this will also lead to a change of the whole spiral vector.
also keep in sight where the most ships of the enemy wing are placed and try to fly the spiral through their center.

if you see that you will not have a chance to fight back. retract your hardpoints altough you have still enough shields and fully load your fsd. fly the evasive manouver as long its needed and in the very last moment head your ship to the jump direction and leave the fight area.

FOR 1 v 1 SITUATION versus a plasma opponent when you want to frustrate him and you dont want to get damage.
also FA OFF
head your ship to the nose of the opponent. perma boost
boost with mainly thusters down and a little forward. point your ship with the nose always to the opponent.
time your boost in this way that when the enemy is alingning his shot and approaches to 1.5 km or less you boost with this thrusters (80% down 20% forward)
during the boost time the boost is directed also in the trusters you activate. (this is done much easier with a control sheme where you can press all 6 thrusters (keyboard or keypad for example)) with a button. - also one of the reason where there is so much kb&mouse outside.
you can also use letheral thrusters during this boost manoever to total evade any chance that the opponent can hit you.
so yes we boost and use all 3 possible directions here to translate our ship and we use pitch, yaw and roll to be still able to face the opponent.
this manoever can be nicely trained with orbiting asteroids or even npcs. try to stay in distance from 1 to 2 km from the relating point you are orbiting.

fly dangerous cmdrs and frustrate your attackers o7

Last edited:
Top Bottom