PvP Being the anchor is a challange but fun...

i am jumping in a heavy fight area.
only one ship of our fleet is in their atm. my task is to anchor two other wings.

in the battle field is a double wing of nomads and supporters.
i only have 2500 mj shields and one class 4 scb cause we mounted big fuel scoops to be able to travel in the bubble.
also only 800 hp armour.

this will be a hard one...
cause as soon i will enter the fight scene i will have all weapons on me because i am without a wing.

i am using a manoever here where i roll my ship slightly with full boost in lateral thrust and a little boost in vertical thrust.
it is very effective versus fixed weapons with projectiles.

Zum Twitch Video

@TEBORI: can you please update OP with some of your further comments about used maneuvers etc? It will be very helpfull and spare time with reading forum's pvp on few further pages :)

@Martind Forlon here we go... ;)

the attackers in my video used mostly plasma rail meta. so i had to evade multiple approaches from different vectors to avoid plasma volleys and chaff didnt help at all.
you cant do much versus hitscan though which is the reason i had to go out after that time. and it was rather close...

i will explain the manoever i used here in detail. imho its not so hard to reproduce and its very effective when you are in focus fire of ships which have slow plasmas mounted - the strongest weapon in game.

WING FOCUS SITUATION
FAOFF
pips 3-3-0 (you can change to 4-2-0 from time to time if you can handle it BUT you always need enough energy in engines to perma boost)
go in a slight roll. not too much - cause when you roll your ship too much the spiral will be smaller and so you are easier to hit
boost and activate full letheral thrust in the direction of the roll by pressing the letheral thrust button BEFORE you activate the boost.
during the boost duration press a little vertical thrust from time to time (not the full boost time though). it does not matter if its up or down just make it coincidentally. you can also do one boost with letheral thrust only - the important fact here is that the enemy is not able to anticipate how the next spiral move will look like.
use a little yaw in the direction of the letheral boost to initiate the spiral
after 1 to 3 boost durations - coincidentally - change the direction of the spiral by roll in the other direction and boost with letheral thrusters in the opposite direction then before and also change the yaw of course.
you can also change the grade of the roll move - this will also lead to a change of the whole spiral vector.
also keep in sight where the most ships of the enemy wing are placed and try to fly the spiral through their center.

if you see that you will not have a chance to fight back. retract your hardpoints altough you have still enough shields and fully load your fsd. fly the evasive manouver as long its needed and in the very last moment head your ship to the jump direction and leave the fight area.

FOR 1 v 1 SITUATION versus a plasma opponent when you want to frustrate him and you dont want to get damage.
also FA OFF
head your ship to the nose of the opponent. perma boost
boost with mainly thusters down and a little forward. point your ship with the nose always to the opponent.
time your boost in this way that when the enemy is alingning his shot and approaches to 1.5 km or less you boost with this thrusters (80% down 20% forward)
during the boost time the boost is directed also in the trusters you activate. (this is done much easier with a control sheme where you can press all 6 thrusters (keyboard or keypad for example)) with a button. - also one of the reason where there is so much kb&mouse outside.
you can also use letheral thrusters during this boost manoever to total evade any chance that the opponent can hit you.
so yes we boost and use all 3 possible directions here to translate our ship and we use pitch, yaw and roll to be still able to face the opponent.
this manoever can be nicely trained with orbiting asteroids or even npcs. try to stay in distance from 1 to 2 km from the relating point you are orbiting.

fly dangerous cmdrs and frustrate your attackers o7

Last edited:
Exactly.

Next thing he is gonna have us know that he graduated top tier PvP, and that he has been involved in numerous raids on distant worlds commanders, and that he has over 300 confirmed kills.

He might even claim that he is trained in wing warfare and that he is the top rail sniper in the entire Elite universe.

Dare I say that he might even think of saying that we are nothing to him but just another target?!

He could even close with noting how I wish I had known what my little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon me, because maybe I would have held my tongue.

But no I didn't, because let's face it: he won't post any evidence of him holding longer in a similar (important keyword here) situation because either there is none, or it would mean acknowledging that the opponents he was facing were as good as the outlaws that Akuma was facing.

See, either way, I did nail it.
Booyah ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be able to get the lowdown on him easily enough with your spyware plugin, CMDR. He is in fact pretty highly regarded in all forms of combat. Arguably one of the best in the biz. I have no problem seeing him sperg around FA Off with 2500 mj's lasting longer than 1:30.

Was LeKeno sniping at me? I don't think so. I certainly wasn't sniping at him, simply sharing a slight difference of opinion.

Ok, so you are saying that those 5 cmdrs are as good as the top tier outlaws that Akuma was facing? That seems surprising.

Just rewatching...

You have a twisted sense of humor.
Ignoring all the other reasons why the situation isn't comparable, who do we have on the opposite side? 12.5th as your side call them.

:unsure:
Nice try.

"Show, don't tell."

If you do significantly better in the same conditions, I'm sure lots of folks would like to see it.

Low-waking on a vette under 6-man focus with only 444mj (no banks) after a brief fight, and getting out with 1.5 rings:

Literally anyone can stack MJ and fly predictably in a fight, absorbing a lot of damage and thinking it's somehow impressive. Avoiding that damage altogether is better.

Last edited:
I have yet to see a proof of that.

You know full well that the things you have shared so far don't bear enough similarities to not only support the claim that what he did is trivial but that Yamato2012 beat that handily.

I imagine that it is possible but non trivial. So, no need to stand on your high horses all the time. Akuma shared what he felt was a good show.

I have yet to see a proof of that.

You know full well that the things you have shared so far don't bear enough similarities to not only support the claim that what he did is trivial but that Yamato2012 beat that handily.

I imagine that it is possible but non trivial. So, no need to stand on your high horses all the time. Akuma shared what he felt was a good show.

Just stating an opinion

Exactly.

Next thing he is gonna have us know that he graduated top tier PvP, and that he has been involved in numerous raids on distant worlds commanders, and that he has over 300 confirmed kills.

He might even claim that he is trained in wing warfare and that he is the top rail sniper in the entire Elite universe.

Dare I say that he might even think of saying that we are nothing to him but just another target?!

He could even close with noting how I wish I had known what my little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon me, because maybe I would have held my tongue.

But no I didn't, because let's face it: he won't post any evidence of him holding longer in a similar (important keyword here) situation because either there is none, or it would mean acknowledging that the opponents he was facing were as good as the outlaws that Akuma was facing.

See, either way, I did nail it.
Booyah ;)
Source: https://youtu.be/ZoDsa4fdzRY

Getting shot at by the entire of 51th, that's 8 and rising to 10 when the cutter's wing gets there for over 1:30 and having been shot at beforehand and having actually done damage beforehand, also not highwaking lol. Man your comments really do look funny now don't they, chin up though

Source: https://youtu.be/ZoDsa4fdzRY

Getting shot at by the entire of 51th, that's 8 and rising to 10 when the cutter's wing gets there for over 1:30 and having been shot at beforehand and having actually done damage beforehand, also not highwaking lol. Man your comments really do look funny now don't they, chin up though

It's definitely good flying, no doubt.

But what makes you think the situations are sufficiently equivalent? As far as I can tell, the pilots that were against you are not as good nor as well equipped as the ones in Akuma's video. For instance, the chaff seemed far more effective in your situation.

Top Bottom