Beluga internal optional slots

Not sure this is a game bug or game mechanic. I was trying to fit a size 5 shield generator on my Beluga it will fit in a size 6 slot but not in the size 5 slot, a friend said the size 5 slots are reserved for passenger cabins. If this is the case the logic alludes me. The beluga suppose to be a passenger vessel is out done buy the anaconda. Seems a simple fix to make it a more appealing passenger ship to fly would be to lift the restriction or add another 5 slot for passenger cabins only.

The beluga can carry luxury class cabins, the annie can't and as far as being out done by an annie? I don't think so.

It is actually being outdone by the Anaconda.

Here's the rather long explanation why : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...are-pointless-right-now?p=5404514#post5404514

Short version : Luxury cabins aren't actually worth it... Unless you really, really, really love board-flipping. And even then, you waste so much time looking for meaningful missions that your profits go down anyway.

The Beluga has only 1 major advantage, and it's not luxury cabins : It has backwards thrusters powerful enough that it dosen't hit the back end of a hangar bay after boosting through a mailslot, making it better for ferrying wanted criminals.

And that's precisely it. The Conda can carry so many more passengers and has so many more cabins it will make more credits out of sheer bulk, and its superior jump range will allow it to run more tourism missions in the same amount of time.

I get luxury missions all the time. Sometimes 2 at once. So keep the annie, it is in the top 2 worst handling ships in the game. Don't change the beluga, go buy an Annie if it's so much better.

I get luxury missions all the time. Sometimes 2 at once. So keep the annie, it is in the top 2 worst handling ships in the game. Don't change the beluga, go buy an Annie if it's so much better.
I can make 40M an hour with my annie with Elite ranks with passengers missions, how much do you make with your luxurious Beluga Liner per hour ?

SIGH I'll stop confusing you with facts, your mind is already made up. :) The beluga is not a cargo ship, not a battleship, it's a luxury passenger ship. What's to balance?

SIGH I'll stop confusing you with facts, your mind is already made up. :) The beluga is not a cargo ship, not a battleship, it's a luxury passenger ship. What's to balance?

Well, you could try and balance credits earned per time period between various ships, with all other variables very similar. The Beluga is cheaper than the Anaconda, though. So it being noticeably worse would make sense, I guess.

Well, you could try and balance credits earned per time period between various ships, with all other variables very similar. The Beluga is cheaper than the Anaconda, though. So it being noticeably worse would make sense, I guess.
Anaconda is a multi purpose ship that excel in combat (PvE rather than PvP), exploration, trading.

Kruger's ships are supposed to be the end ships for making profits with vip passengermissions.

For now passenger missions that pay the most are economical and business class.
First Class and Luxurious class passenger mission pay really low compared to them.

First Class cabin should be limited to luxurious ships : Kruger's ship and Cutter/Clipper.

First class and luxurious mission should pay a lot more than economical and business.
This seems logical.

For now there is absolutly no hierarchy and no logic in passenger payment. Exception to situation of war in some system were refugee pays a lot to flee the system (economic class) or because you transport prisonneer and you are going to be attacked along the way to your destination.

Again Multi-role are good at everything and this is really stupid. Hauler should be good at hauling, Passenger ships should be good for luxurious passenger trip...etc.

In our real world you are not going to transport goods with a battlecruiser even though it has huge space, speed and huge defense... because it's gonna cost you so much that you'r gonna make no profits at all.

Current logic is to make you slowly grinding for better ships... But at the end, with easy money you can make now and in the past you still end up with all the ships and no possibility to have good role play because ships are not specialized enought.

Its really more a mission problem than a ship problem. But, another 5 size would be good. Sad part is there just isnt the Luxury class missions. Im Elite in trading and fully allied in Sol. Those missions are severely lacking.. So far, I have only used my luxury cabin once since 2.4 to haul luxury passengers. The rest of the time I end up using it for first class 4 people missions or even business passengers. Thats what really needs to change. Oh, and that extra 5 slot.

The Dolphin has the same problem and also needs that 4 slot to be a 5 slot

Anaconda is a multi purpose ship that excel in combat (PvE rather than PvP), exploration, trading.

Kruger's ships are supposed to be the end ships for making profits with vip passengermissions.

For now passenger missions that pay the most are economical and business class.
First Class and Luxurious class passenger mission pay really low compared to them.

First Class cabin should be limited to luxurious ships : Kruger's ship and Cutter/Clipper.

First class and luxurious mission should pay a lot more than economical and business.
This seems logical.

For now there is absolutly no hierarchy and no logic in passenger payment. Exception to situation of war in some system were refugee pays a lot to flee the system (economic class) or because you transport prisonneer and you are going to be attacked along the way to your destination.

Again Multi-role are good at everything and this is really stupid. Hauler should be good at hauling, Passenger ships should be good for luxurious passenger trip...etc.

In our real world you are not going to transport goods with a battlecruiser even though it has huge space, speed and huge defense... because it's gonna cost you so much that you'r gonna make no profits at all.

Current logic is to make you slowly grinding for better ships... But at the end, with easy money you can make now and in the past you still end up with all the ships and no possibility to have good role play because ships are not specialized enought.

Yeah, it's also stupid that Kruger ships don't have a medium-pad entry. IMO, the Orca was badly designed.

The Beluga is roughly 57% the cost of an Anaconda, though. There's less ship there.

I totally agree that there should be VERY specialized ship bonuses. Massive cargo bonuses for the T9 and let it ignore cargo weight when jumping, double the passenger cabin capacity on the Beluga.

And my personal favorite: an optional module that lets any ship jump like an explorer who wants to cover some distance. Let people take something besides an Anaconda when they want to go exploring with more modules than AspX/DBX can bring.

Top Bottom