Beluga Liner weird fitting issue?

You *can* fit a 5A shield to your Beluga liner, but because all size 5 slots are *restricted*, you'd have to stick it into a size 6 slot.

This single issue makes it pointless to buy the Beluga Liner, unless you want to baby business/first class customers.
(I can't imagine NPC's as VIPs... NPC shovelware seems much more like it: "get in there and shut yer virtual trap... If you're looking for a bathroom, use an airlock")

You could fit 160 economy passengers into it, if it wasn't for loosing a size 6 slot to a size 5 shield generator.

The Anaconda can fit 176 economy passengers with a size 5 shield generator.

Even a Python can get up to 136 economy passengers and land on a small pad at that... At 154 passengers max, the Beluga Liner just doesn't pull its weight by comparison...

But probably, I'm missing something...?

Last edited:
Well, I decided on a Python Beluga and upped the jump range by downsizing internals and shield, but made sure to keep the ability to boost in rapid succession...

4A Power
5A Thrusters
5A Frame
4D Life Support
5A Power Dist
6D Sensors
4A Shield

It could probably work with 4A Thrusters and 4A Power Dist, but of all things, I couldn't get those without flying some place, so its like this for now...

I jut get the feeling the Beluga was designed by a committee ..... lots of poor compromises before everyone went home.

You *can* fit a 5A shield to your Beluga liner, but because all size 5 slots are *restricted*, you'd have to stick it into a size 6 slot.

This single issue makes it pointless to buy the Beluga Liner, unless you want to baby business/first class customers.
(I can't imagine NPC's as VIPs... NPC shovelware seems much more like it: "get in there and shut yer virtual trap... If you're looking for a bathroom, use an airlock")

You could fit 160 economy passengers into it, if it wasn't for loosing a size 6 slot to a size 5 shield generator.

The Anaconda can fit 176 economy passengers with a size 5 shield generator.

Even a Python can get up to 136 economy passengers and land on a small pad at that... At 154 passengers max, the Beluga Liner just doesn't pull its weight by comparison...

But probably, I'm missing something...?

Take a class 6 shield instead the class 5. Problem solved :D

Ok seriously, i know why i use a Python and not a Beluga. Beluga can fit 152 economy passengers, Python can take 142 if fitted with class 3 shields.
There are just not enough VIP passengers around that require luxury cabins to take more than one. For those missions, the Orca is more than great.
There are multiple reasons why the Beluga is IMO the worst ship in the game, but those are discussed in other threads.

https://eddp.co/u/KkJdtFNr

Last edited:
Top Bottom