Ships best Anaconda NPC bounty hunting/trader setup?

I want to use the Conda as a multipurpose ship, fighting Anaconda streams in RES, joining CZ for CG and meanwhile being able to trade more than decently, without always having to refit my ship for being a fighter or a trader. What's the best setup for what I have in mind, without suffering too much of jump range capacities and with using A trusters, A power plant and A distributor?

Last edited:
Here is what you do:

(a) get a permit to the founder's world.

(b) Refit for combat, or trading depending on mood (founder's world sells all components).

Don't try to do both at once -- you will be good at neither. In particular, you will need to sacrifice too much cargo and jump range to be a good fighter. You can leave enough cargo in a combat anaconda to maybe match a T7 in trading, but that's silly. Just use a T7 then.

Last edited:
I fitted a conda for response to this post. I have flown a fully trade fitted Anaconda before "downgrading" to an A-Grade Python.

This fit is very much an all arounder type fit. Obviously you can tweak as you will, but based on my current Python fit, I think that's what I'd be happy with in an Anaconda. If you aren't interested in having an extra 480 points of armor you can swap the hull reinforcements for refinieries, more cargo, etc. Same goes with the exploration equipment if you don't care for it. Slight mods can be made to account for mining as well.

The 6A fuel scoop will make you feel like you have the range of a capital ship. The turrets will make combat zones feel like a cake walk. You'll be able to hold your own against solo commanders but this is by no means a PVP fit.

Thanks for the replies. Puca, you are of course right that for trading purposes the trade capacity should be maxed out ... but I want to have the freedom to visit RES, CZ and nav beacon in between my trading runs. Aidan, that seems a nice Conda you've built, but for me it would be too much sacrifice on the trading racks and I also wouldn't go with turrets as they take my pleasure away in the fighting itself. Olivka, your trading in open play setup seems quite plausible ... I've seen another post somewhere where a commander uses A4 shields, many shield boosters and still has around 430 trading tons available. Is there an A4 shield setup manageable to do many hours of NPC BH in a row without having to worry too much? If so, I guess my initial question could be answered. I'm curious if someone can post that 'ideal multipurpose' outfit here ... I don t mind too much sacrificing jump range, as I want to relax playing now, without too much focus on profit maximilisation. I'll need another 160 M to get the A ... trusters (or was it another A component?) Thanks, guys and BTW, excuse my language mistakes as I'm not a native English speaker ....

My native language - Russian) In English using Google translator.
I hope you understand me.

My build is suitable to trade and how versatile for you. If there are problems with money - you can put the engines with a smaller rating.

4A shield will be fine for the weight of the ship.

Hi Cmdr i'v been running this build for the last few days and I've got to say i'm absolutely loving it in RES sites it can take out "expert" condas in one pass while carrying 432t ;-)
Gimbled beams primary fire
Cannon secondary for the bigger ships
Average 3mil an hour not as good as trading but much more fun
also the the shield recharge is about 3-4 mins for me but it shouldn't really go down in PVE if it does you can always jump out

[Anaconda]
H: 3C/G Beam Laser
L: 3C/G Cannon
L: 3F/T Pulse Laser
L: 3F/T Pulse Laser
M: 2D/G Beam Laser
M: 2D/G Beam Laser
S: 1F/T Beam Laser
S: 1F/T Beam Laser
U: 0A Shield Booster
U: 0C Kill Warrant Scanner

BH: 1I Lightweight Alloy
RB: 8B Power Plant
TM: 7A Thrusters
FH: 6A Frame Shift Drive
EC: 5D Life Support
PC: 8A Power Distributor
SS: 8D Sensors
FS: 5C Fuel Tank (Capacity: 32)

7: 7E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 128)
6: 6E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 64)
5: 5E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 32)
4: 4A Shield Generator
4: 4B Shield Cell Bank
4: 4E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 16)
2: 2A Frame Shift Drive Interdictor
---
Shield: 895.15 MJ
Power : 24.90 MW retracted (75%)
33.47 MW deployed (101%)
33.00 MW available
Cargo : 432 T
Fuel : 32 T
Mass : 978.3 T empty
1,442.3 T full
Range : 21.72 LY unladen
15.22 LY laden
Price : 308,506,309 CR
Re-Buy: 15,425,315 CR @ 95% insurance

Hope that helps

My Pro tip, go to RES with a hold full of gold for max targets seems to work out for me,
Also set turrets to target and dont target "red" contacts until you can see the npc's name to avoid wanted status!

Edit: one thing i forgot to mention watch the heat build up when firing the 3 gimbled beams it can get toasty pretty fast if the turreted beams are firing too ;-)

Last edited:
For RES I found my Anaconda with A4 shields and a lot of A shield boosters and still having 452 cargo tons pretty suffisant ... for the CG in Quivira however i couldn 't risk that set up and got rid of the cargo racks to fit a B6 shield generator ... using all gimballed pulses it did the job 'fine', averaging 500 M combat bounds/half hour ... however .... I found it disappointing my weapon energy ran flat pretty quick ... I'm having a 8A power distributor and a 8 C power plant ....if I upgrade to 8B or 8A power plant - once I acquire the funds -, will that problem be resolved then?

Another thing that was remarkable to me: the Conda lacked speed of course so I went to throw in my A fitted FDL in the same CZ .... It was odd to see that I was gaining less bonds with the FDL than with the Conda in the CZ ... It was easier to keep track on adversaries with the slow Ana than with the fast FDL .... and suddenly the 4 class G pulses felt ... weak. I was faster to engage new enemies, but it took longer to take them down with the FDL. I've been using the FDL long time as my primary fighter, but it seems that maybe I don't really need to hang on to it as it seems that the Conda might outperform the FDL as well in combat ..?

For RES I found my Anaconda with A4 shields and a lot of A shield boosters and still having 452 cargo tons pretty suffisant ... for the CG in Quivira however i couldn 't risk that set up and got rid of the cargo racks to fit a B6 shield generator ... using all gimballed pulses it did the job 'fine', averaging 500 M combat bounds/half hour ... however .... I found it disappointing my weapon energy ran flat pretty quick ... I'm having a 8A power distributor and a 8 C power plant ....if I upgrade to 8B or 8A power plant - once I acquire the funds -, will that problem be resolved then?

The power plant's job is just keeping everything powered. The important thing is the power distributor only. The power plant does matter when it comes to overheating, A is best at keeping temperatures down.

I've run my Conda through the CZ and through res farming. Though my weapon layout isn't final yet (C1+C2 beam turrets and C3 gimbal beams exhausted my power distributor way too fast, now running C3 gimbal beams and C1+C2+C4 gimbal cannons), I feel quite at home in the CZ, especially in a wing. Eventually I want to kit it out with all turrets, either burst or pulse, depending on what the power distributor can handle, but I'm not yet rich enough. Remains to see if I can get to that amount of cash before the Federal Corvette lands. At that point I might retire the Conda for CZ fighting completely. For res hunting I found it less enjoyable. Firepower and shielding are overkill for that, and speed is lacking. In a CZ I can just sit and fire away, enough targets in range at all times. In a res I must fly there. I'd rather not do that in a whale, so my res choice will be either FdL or Clipper.

The 8A power plant really helps with the heat issue when running multiple SCB's, shield boosters, with C3's, under boost. The cost however, is just ridiculous... the damn thing should at least tell jokes or make coffee for the price. I bought one anyways...

Top Bottom