Best anti-swarm SLF fighter

Which is it? I'm all for lance against scouts but it doesn't seem to be very effective against the swarm. Would AX MC SLF be best due to its bullet swarm?

I think it was the AX Taipan i used before the guardian fighters came about. As i remember that is the best swarm distraction, having the most damage tolerance. Any SLF might get lucky and ram the swarm i guess, but they just die basically.
At higher levels they can do a bit of damage to a Cyclops, expose a heart maybe, but thats a Lance/Javelin type situation👍, happy hunting CMDR.

o7

I've seen SLF fighters finish off the swarm several times, though I don't know how - ramming or by weapons. My theory is weapons though and that almost never happened with Lance. And with the swarm I'd bet on bullet swarm to counter it.

I guess I'll have to test.

I've seen SLF fighters finish off the swarm several times, though I don't know how - ramming or by weapons. My theory is weapons though and that almost never happened with Lance. And with the swarm I'd bet on bullet swarm to counter it.

I guess I'll have to test.
I would assume that it's a case of Thargons "launching" at the slf, just like they do at your ship.

AAAAAAaaaaaahhhhh, that is most probable... Damn. So basically the msot shield+hull is the way to go. Taipan, as ZAKALWEINC already said?

The damage of the Tai-Pan is low though, especially compared to the guardian slf’s.
Personal taste i guess. For what its worth if i take a fighter bay, it is a dual one with 1 Lance, 1 Javelin.
Not using them at the moment though as i am trying to learn FA off to deal with the swarm, slowly getting there!

o7

SLF in general is a complete waste of a slot. It just wastes your time while you chase the swarm around trying to kill it, but your SLF won't just fly straight so your flak misses, and its just faster to take the extre 738 hull and kill the swarm normally. Not to mention when you think you can ignore it and it shows up to stab you in the back at an inopportune moment. Since 3.3 they cannot draw aggro of the interceptor so they aren't even useful as a distraction and even Lance's DPS is laughable.

I put up a study I did on this some time ago.
The general conclusion is that npc skill (rank) is a better indicator than the SLF itself. Dangerous or higher seems to do well enough that you aren't constantly launching fighters.
Even so, some days the bear gets you and they just do stupid stuff like try to attack the interceptor and thus get intercepted.
I've been using the imperial fighter (rogue) and the lance.

Every thargon is a real physical object. They can be hitted by guardian weapon, by AX weapon. Even by SLF. It's just never effective.

Personally i go for guardian Lance because it's the only SLF that can actually make a difference in fight with Basilisk or Medusa. it actually deal some damage. Not just pure distraction. Also, i am using it after swarm is already done. It's a big mistake to let SLF to distract swarm while you are trying to kill it with flaks. You only need to distract swarm when you need to reboot ship.

Last edited:
Top Bottom