Ships Best Bubble Bus With Legs!

Look good, basically an explorer build

Personally, I'd got for:
  • max jump potential = use the pre-engineered 5A FSD (add mass manager experimental)
  • better boost interval (currently 11 seconds) = 3A PD with charge enhanced/super conduits
  • more speed = dirty drag those drives
  • more efficient PP = G2-3 OC/thermal spread (put your SRV on priority 5, FSD booster/scoop on 4, etc)
  • save some G5 mats = life support and sensors to G3 only (not a big difference in total weight)
  • some dumbfire missiles for ground assault = 1 or 2 size 1 Advanced Missile Racks (not available on Coriolis for some reason), lightweight if you want to maintain jump range

All those changes will still get you over 71ly laden jump range, and you'll be faster and run cooler.

Look good, basically an explorer build

Personally, I'd got for:
  • max jump potential = use the pre-engineered 5A FSD (add mass manager experimental)
  • better boost interval (currently 11 seconds) = 3A PD with charge enhanced/super conduits
  • more speed = dirty drag those drives
  • more efficient PP = G2-3 OC/thermal spread (put your SRV on priority 5, FSD booster/scoop on 4, etc)
  • save some G5 mats = life support and sensors to G3 only (not a big difference in total weight)
  • some dumbfire missiles for ground assault = 1 or 2 size 1 Advanced Missile Racks (not available on Coriolis for some reason), lightweight if you want to maintain jump range

All those changes will still get you over 71ly laden jump range, and you'll be faster and run cooler.
Nice improvements!

You can get a DBX to 77ly range pretty easily with the double engineered FSD. That's what I use as my bubble hopper currently.

If you just prefer the Asp you'll be closer to 70 but that's fine still. Fly the ships you love.

I see in your build that you have the normal maxed FSD which tops out at 1692 optimal. The V1 double tops out at 1854 with mass manager on.

That single change will put you very close to mine, I did go down to a 16t fuel tank also. If I were going long range I'd roll the 32t but for bubble hopping 16 is fine

Last edited:
Is it at Oyssey thing only or can we console players get it?
I think it is available in EDH? Not sure? I don't know why it wouldn't be, FSD isn't a ODY specific thing? I am very sure that I used my Krait 2 with said FSD in EDH last weekend for the CG, so good bet it is available. Whether or not you can get it ATM, with all the :poop: that Update 7 broke, that is another story.

The double engineered FSD is available at human tech brokers, or at least it was. I bought five or six of them when they were first released after the CG. Maybe it's changed now. Well worth it for ships that can use it in my view.

Here's my bubble-runner DBX

A little faster, better shields, better integrity than the OP ship, a different way to go about it. Idles at 18%. Pretty close in the end and I don't have the SRV aboard here.

This is my bubble hopper and explorer.

For material farming, I swap the 64t cargo for 4x SRV module and swap the 2G SRV for extra fuel. Still excellent jump between material farming and enough vehicles to gather raw, manufactured, data or guardian mats. Another reason for the 4x SRV module when farming guardian materials is to have enough SRV ammunition to get it done without a refuel/resupply run. Or keep the 64t cargo for some light commodity trading.

This is my bubble hopper and explorer.

For material farming, I swap the 64t cargo for 4x SRV module and swap the 2G SRV for extra fuel. Still excellent jump between material farming and enough vehicles to gather raw, manufactured, data or guardian mats. Another reason for the 4x SRV module when farming guardian materials is to have enough SRV ammunition to get it done without a refuel/resupply run. Or keep the 64t cargo for some light commodity trading.
Store or sell the Military Grade Composite hull and it will replace with lightweight one, shedding 54.6 tons of weight your jump range goes up to 61.69

Top Bottom