Best Exploration Ships!

That's my personal preference as well :D Does struggle with the jump range however.... but hey, Open is Open, amirite ;)
I've jumped one to and from Colonia and another just to Colonia... Maybe jump it back again... Ignoring the 32Ly range they are very comfortable explorers 👍

Unless you are exploring the fringes of the galaxy

Isn't that the point of exploration?

there isn't really a best ship for exploring so it's mainly down to personal preference of what ship you like to fly.

Respectfully, that's not accurate. There is a best small, medium and large ship for Exploration.
Otherwise, by that logic, there would be no best cargo haulers, because hauling cargo in the Federal Gunship is just a personal preference.

That said, you absolutely can and should use your personally preferred ship as exploration is highly time consuming, and if you don't like either of the TOP 3, it will negatively effect your game play. :)

But with the addition of the Codex, where you discovery and confirm the existence of stars, planets, alien life and anomalies... which is directly tied into Exploration as a sort of achievements, there are ships better suited for the job than others.

Isn't that the point of exploration?

Respectfully, that's not accurate. There is a best small, medium and large ship for Exploration.
Otherwise, by that logic, there would be no best cargo haulers, because hauling cargo in the Federal Gunship is just a personal preference.

That said, you absolutely can and should use your personally preferred ship as exploration is highly time consuming, and if you don't like either of the TOP 3, it will negatively effect your game play. :)

But with the addition of the Codex, where you discovery and confirm the existence of stars, planets, alien life and anomalies... which is directly tied into Exploration as a sort of achievements, there are ships better suited for the job than others.

There are "objectively best" cargo haulers because most people agree on certain key features like cargo space and jump range, resulting in maximised profits, as the most important ones for that type of activity. You'll still find people who disagree for valid reasons.

This works not as well for exploration ships, where many people, as far as I've gathered, don't subscribe to the "max jump range over all" doctrine. For those, "time consumption" is not an issue of jump range at all, as long as you are actually exploring.

Fun can't be measured in terms of pure numbers. Speaking for myself, I could never ever take an Anaconda on an exploration trip, because its downsides far outweigh the "highest jump range in the game" for me.

Top Bottom