Best Proposal/Ideas for Upcoming New Content for Nov-Dec 2020 Release

What I'm posting has been discussed and vetted with other long time avid players. So hopefully the Devs understand that what is being presented is from a fully immersed perspective within Elite Dangerous.

I will not take the time to point out flaws, errors, or the shortcomings from years past. Its time to look forward, and I feel this is the last opportunity to convey my ideas to you/Frontier before they put the final touches on the new content, which I'm sure will be delivered Late/Behind Schedule as always. (LOL)

First Proposal/Idea:

The Milkyway Galaxy is Massive! So why are there only TWO Lifeforms within Elite Dangerous (Humans & Thargoids)? Please add 5-10 more Lifeforms, though I'll leave it up to you whether you allow players to be from any of the variant Lifeforms. Although, I do not believe Players should have the option to start as a different Lifeform, because we (Humans) all come from the Sol System. So, unless you're going to change the start point for each new player and place them 20-30K Lys away from the Bubble, I really suggest we keep everyone as Human. There is a Tie-In to these new Lifeforms to come.

Second Proposal/Idea:

Though there are some who play Elite that for reasons of their own like flying around in the Black of Space, jumping continuously just to scan a planet and possibly put their name in the game that they discovered a new System or Planet. Yet, for the majority of players who have little to no interest in Exploring its a meaningless activity. However, what if it wasn't meaningless?

By adding multiple new Lifeforms, you then open massive new options into Elite. In so doing, the reason to Explore now has not only meaning but justification. You see, don't just add in 5-10 new Lifeforms, make them need to be discovered. However, unlike the Raxla fiasco, give it a true "Tangible" payoff.

Each new Lifeform will have new Ship(s), Weapon(s), & Module(s) available to those whom become Allied with their Group/Race/Lifeform. Logically so, since it would be foolish to go to another Lifeforms Systems and they not already have Core Technology readily available. Obviously, this will add a massive change to how Elite is played. Just like those who chose to get each Guardian Module, Weapon, and Fighter and those who never took the time to do so for their own particular reasons. The difference in effectiveness versus Thargoids was significant, when compared to those who fought with AX weapons only.

What Ships, what Weapons, what Modules??? That's obviously where you come in...Use your vast imagination please.

Third Proposal/Idea:

Make the Rankings of the Federation, Empire, and Alliance mean something. 70% of the Rankings hold no pay-off, and even the highest two Rankings have nothing attached to them.

The Carrier should be only available to Admirals and Kings. Players should earn them with more than just money. When adding more ships please attach them to the Ranking tree. There are currently 32 ships in the game. Apply specific ships to more Rankings. Additionally, create an Alliance Ranking tree as well.

Fourth Proposal/Idea:

ALL Players must designate a Major Party; Federation, Empire, Alliance, or Independent. Changing from Federation to Empire or Alliance immediately causes a 500K Bounty in Federation space, and vice versa. A Spec-Ops Squad (just like in the CZ or Wing Assassinations) should be seeking you out if you come back into Federation Space. Additionally, players with Bounties over 100K should also be hunted down the same forces while in the same region, which is nothing more than an additional action to Global Bounties.

Create new sub-laws. Changing from Federation to Empire or Alliance immediately creates a 500K Bounty in Federation space, and vice versa. Same Hunter groups should be applied as well.

Fifth Proposal/Idea:

Creating Stronger NPC Wings would spice up the game as well. Remember when you guys were using the Triple Anaconda attack in the Weapons Threats. Bring those back, in the Haz-Res's, CZ's, and Wing Assassinations. Why not add a Corvette, with two Anacondas? Either way, I'm saying by creating a more challenging environment, Players will naturally be forced to rapidly increase their overall ability through engineering, weapon upgrades, and proper tactics.

Thank you for your time "if" you've read my posting.

I happen to love Elite Dangerous. I can only hope that one or two of my ideas gets taken into consideration or even applied.

Top Bottom