Best ships to harass sweaty miners?

Well, your erroneous assumptions aside. I guess I just have just have 4 points to leave you with then.

1) Because I understand why something is happening doesn't mean I am doing it.
2) I usually don't do anything non combat oriented in open because of people like you. So, luckily, I will prolly never see you in game.
3) Play how you want, within the rules, others will do the same. No one is required to keep playing when they no longer want to.
4) Blame Fdev all you want for allowing people to quit playing, or making your chosen profession difficult, I don't think they are even listening.

o7 cmdr, it's your game play it how you like.

I agree completely. FDev has awarded you your cake and you can eat it too! Nothing erroneous though. Pretty spot on.

Hmm, a 92 ton cargo Imperial Clipper pirate would be fun. An engineered PVP Fer de Lance build with PAs, rail guns or torpedoes would be overkill. The problem is that it won't have any decent cargo space thus for kills only. Beware of them.

"Greetings CMDR. Give me 15 refined tons of the good stuff and I won't kill you. Have a nice day.". Rinse and repeat.

Heck, it they give me what I want maybe I'll hang around and protect them for awhile with a small additional cost in stuff. One way to play honorably as a pirate...if one can use the words honorably and pirate in the same sentence.

Regards

I just gave a team thier 50 at the sell system because they were interesting and they had a pretty good setup really. Probably would have lost almost as many trying to get away.

Let’s be honest. There’s just about only one reason I would make the trip in open right now and that’s ‘for the giggles’.

I was in a cobra MK III. The T9 "ran" as soon as I dropped into the mining instance. He may have been charging his FSD as soon as he saw the bandwidth spike.

if you use a uncommon, "unganky" (?) ship to do this, there probably will be less people going to solo. Like Adder, Keelback or Cobra f.e.

I never even imagined miners would leave the rings with full loads to supercruise instead of jumping directly to a different system. Why on earth would someone do that?.. (unless the selling place is the exact same system)

I was speaking just from a pirating perspective, if your objective is to just destroy ships then yeah sitting around a good hotspot waiting for them to arrive is enough.

They might not leave into super cruise, but -

You could catch them when they are -about- to leave hence, full of diamonds or
You might scan their high wake after they jump away from the mining system, from the rings - follow them, and pirate them there.

They might not leave into super cruise, but -

You could catch them when they are -about- to leave hence, full of diamonds or
You might scan their high wake after they jump away from the mining system, from the rings - follow them, and pirate them there.

But that means you have to find them first inside the asteroid ring in normal space, and isn't that almost impossible?

But that means you have to find them first inside the asteroid ring in normal space, and isn't that almost impossible?

It's not the most practical thing - the most practical thing is to go to the highest/closest sell systems from http://edtools.ddns.net/miner

But I thought we were talking in theory.

In theory you can follow them into the hotspot, and just use them as a refinery. Not very time efficient though, but if you were looking for that, you'd just be mining right?

It could also be that the high wake system is obscured by the planet. Fastest thing to do is low-wake and fly a little in SC until it's no longer obscured.
It's better to choose a new first high wake system to which you can jump without going into SC first, but we know people don't think on all the possibilities, especially after hours of mining in solitute.

OK. My last three days were rather thin as I was honing my pirating skills in Cobra and today things got much better as I switched to my trusty combat Clipper adapted for piracy, finally got phat loot. Two interdictions and 80 tonnes of honestly pirated LTD's from two T9's. In both cases they didn't listen to my demands so I smashed their shields and started siphoning the good stuff via limpets. Now I want to make best money and inara is listing me some really good places, but I have to look for places with black market only right?

Last edited:
If I were a pirate I wouldn't be waiting in Borann. I'd be waiting in the system that currently has the station with the best sell prices for LTDs.

What do you do when interdicted dumb novice miner in T7 and he brushes off your request to halt with "profane language"? Does such cmdr deserves for seeing rebuy screen? I don't want to drive people into solo, but those types could really use some common sense especially it they are flying a paper thin ship.

What do you do when interdicted dumb novice miner in T7 and he brushes off your request to halt with "profane language"? Does such cmdr deserves for seeing rebuy screen? I don't want to drive people into solo, but those types could really use some common sense especially it they are flying a paper thin ship
Rebuy screen for "profane language". I do that in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom