Best ships to harass sweaty miners?

As we speak they are rolling up their sleeves and preare for the long grind because they NEED to have that fleet carrier. They NEED the credits awful bad and some of them will be doing it in open. So now it's best time for plunderers, robbers, scallywags and highwaymen to step up :D So, fellow pirate commanders will you be robbing them the gents way or chopping them up without any warning? In what ships you will be doing the job?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4-x9V0iCI

I've been working on a Viper MKIII, mostly for role-playing. Too many CMDR's just 'dicting and shooting, what a shame. You've brought to my attention that it might be a good time to finish it up.

Good luck finding ship in an asteroid ring, even in a hotspot...

You still can of course get them on their way to the ring, but you won't rob anything but a lot of limpets.

What about when they want to sell it, for a good price, hmm?

That of course would be best, but nowadays with the new supply/demand mechanics it's not that simple to know where the good price will be to lay an ambush, as miners will spread all around looking for good prices.

As we speak they are rolling up their sleeves and preare for the long grind because they NEED to have that fleet carrier. They NEED the credits awful bad and some of them will be doing it in open. So now it's best time for plunderers, robbers, scallywags and highwaymen to step up :D So, fellow pirate commanders will you be robbing them the gents way or chopping them up without any warning? In what ships you will be doing the job?
Anything with gimballed frags.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4-x9V0iCI

Dream on.

I make a point of travelling to and from my mining ship in Open and I always swing through the required ring on the way.
Literally, I have never once seen another CMDR in-system or in the actual ring itself.
YMMV.

Good luck finding ship in an asteroid ring, even in a hotspot...

You still can of course get them on their way to the ring, but you won't rob anything but a lot of limpets.

Traffic volume in Borann is off the charts right now. I caught people jumping into system, on the way to the rings, on the way out of the rings, and even followed a low wake down into the rings to bag a guy. Hardly any downtime.

If you're a pirate now is the time to take advantage!

Traffic volume in Borann is off the charts right now. I caught people jumping into system, on the way to the rings, on the way out of the rings, and even followed a low wake down into the rings to bag a guy. Hardly any downtime.

If you're a pirate now is the time to take advantage!

I never even imagined miners would leave the rings with full loads to supercruise instead of jumping directly to a different system. Why on earth would someone do that?.. (unless the selling place is the exact same system)

I was speaking just from a pirating perspective, if your objective is to just destroy ships then yeah sitting around a good hotspot waiting for them to arrive is enough.

Hmm, a 92 ton cargo Imperial Clipper pirate would be fun. An engineered PVP Fer de Lance build with PAs, rail guns or torpedoes would be overkill. The problem is that it won't have any decent cargo space thus for kills only. Beware of them.

"Greetings CMDR. Give me 15 refined tons of the good stuff and I won't kill you. Have a nice day.". Rinse and repeat.

Heck, it they give me what I want maybe I'll hang around and protect them for awhile with a small additional cost in stuff. One way to play honorably as a pirate...if one can use the words honorably and pirate in the same sentence.

Regards

Last edited:
Top Bottom