Best SLF for AX Conflict Zones

I checked a lot of different old threats regarding Guardian SLFs but most of them are outdated already (Lance thermal issue was fixed and now we have the new AX CZs). Which combnation is the best in your experience?

I used 2 Lance so far and they seem to be effective against scouts but they die fast. I somehow like the idea of using the Javelin myself to attack cyclopses to save ammo on the main ship but not sure how effective this is.

Any thoughts? Also not sure how good the old AX Taipan is in comparison against scouts

Would still say Lance as it is the most accurate one and also dealing a good amount of damage. Don't really have experience with the conflict zones though but in Threat 4 NHSS's they worked well.

My experience is with hired crew and all fighters die fast on AX conflict zones but it seems that AX Taipan last longer, it also seems to me that the pilot misses a lot with the XG7 Trident. I dont think they are anything else than a distraction for the big goids, they are ok vs scouts.

I use a Trident and a Lance in a dual bay. Trident seems to do better v scouts, Lance helps better v interceptors.
Basically they are just distractions until the crewmember is Expert, after than they do a bit of damage to be honest.

They are glass though, AX Taipan takes more punishment.

o7

I've been wondering whether to unlock the guardian fighters and if so which one - against scouts, I seem to lose the taipain most often to the caustic clouds they leave behind when they die than anything else - once they hit one of those it's a death sentence for the fighter no matter what kind it is.
Unless the guardian ones are immune to caustic damage, that'd be something worth having them for.

I've been wondering whether to unlock the guardian fighters and if so which one - against scouts, I seem to lose the taipain most often to the caustic clouds they leave behind when they die than anything else - once they hit one of those it's a death sentence for the fighter no matter what kind it is.
Unless the guardian ones are immune to caustic damage, that'd be something worth having them for.
Nope, they die just as fast, if not faster.
They're freaking cool though and fun to fly. Go for Lance if you just want to unlock one of them.

I tried the Trident and Javelin in AX CZ yesterday. My experience is that the Trident is missing a lot with Elite crew vs scouts. The Javelin deals good damage vs scouts and great vs cyclops hull. Lance deals probably most vs scouts (around 20% per hit). I will switch to Lance and Javelin.

I guess the real question for me is "are they any good at sniping the hearts if you put a player in one". Not that I'd trust my NPC pilot to handle the mothership against an interceptor.

The javelin is the one i havent unlocked (yet), i am due a trip out to guardianville so should have it fairly soon hopefully. Will get back to you all with my opinion on it, at some point👍

o7

Okay I did some testing on the weekend with a lance, will upload video in the coming days. Let's say it works if you're a decent pilot.

Apologies for necro.

The lance is the best, but if you can fit a class 6 or 7 fighter bay, then maybe an ax taipan as well. I carry one of each and use the lance for scouts and sometimes interceptor hearts, and the taipan for keeping the swarm busy, because of the extra hp. But I’ll throw out whichever is ready in a chaotic fight. The lance can die quite quickly, but equally it’s very strong offensively in the right hands.

I sometimes get into the lance myself to snipe a heart or finish off the interceptor - It’s a bit inefficient but great fun. But I mainly leave it to the ai crew.

At deadly and above, the ai crew are really efficient at killing scouts in the lance. Below that level, it’s kind of a death trap. As folks said above, it needs a lot of skill; flawless damage avoidance and gauss sniper shots.

Top Bottom