Patch Notes Update Beta 2.05 Now available.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen lot of claims about concept of supercruise being placeholder, rather than entry/exit, which obviously will have nicer animation and transition.

At this point there's no point to add them as they will add additional complexity and won't allow detect issues with transitions so easily.

Game loads faster now in solo and group, in open better loadtimes in SC and Jumps but not as fast as in solo/group.

No improvement of the not working BB.

The supercruise loading is about 5% faster for me but there still is that "pause" between modes that takes away from it. The other people who have major network issues waiting may have seen more improvement. I play offline so its been decent but still unacceptable.

We might as well be loading the old everquest zones when whenever we enter/exit supercruise.

I'll tell you this though the station did pop up faster. Its just the whole appearing out of thin air thing that sort of takes away from it all. The entering part is a tad bit snappier but the way the hud interface pops in still makes it feel like you just loaded something instead of blasted into another form of travel.

I'm still laughing at all the people who said the current supercruise was a placeholder.

I think if they are keeping these "modes" a really good transition needs to be made maybe where its like exiting hyperspace where the station zooms up to you like the star does and the supercruise interface shuts off flickering like the old tube of a television as it flickers out. Something like that.

That was why I suggested a sunshield that enclose the cockpit during warp would play to their benefit. While the ship hit the destination the projector can flicker until the server connection are made and then the sun shield would open up and reveal the station. Then the transition would not be so duh!

That was why I suggested a sunshield that enclose the cockpit during warp would play to their benefit. While the ship hit the destination the projector can flicker until the server connection are made and then the sun shield would open up and reveal the station. Then the transition would not be so duh!

They also need to make the station physically IN supercruise so you can see it as a pinprick of light as you approach and when you exit make a bright flash of light (which is what happens when you pop in and out anyway) where it is replaced by the actual station model and there is a form of autopilot that zooms you directly up to the station as the "hud interface" turns off. Since it is already is automatically just placing the station directly in front of you that is one of the problem. Make some sort of animation that makes us feel like we are rapidly existing a very high speed.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom