Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 6

And RNGineer still remain....

Just play the game, and you will get multiple materials for any upgrade you want.
Expecting to get a perfect roll from a handful of attempts is lazy.

Search correct signal sources in correct system state, prospect planets, mine asteroids, collect bounties, explore, do missions in stations you rarely visit. Maybe try playing all of these aspects of the game instead of ignoring them and you will have a much better time at the engineers.

For reference, I went to Selene Jean the other day with a moderately-decent 5D HRP and it took 30 attempts to get an improvement on it. Since I know where the materials are for this upgrade, I was able to replenish my entire supply within a day. People just want an 'I win' button without actually playing the game.

giphy.gif

The basic design of engineers is not going to change, nor does it need to.

The basic design, probably not, but the stat bars banging back and forth and the special effect wheel all look a lot like a gambling machine. The RNG is going to be there anyway and I'm not sure how one would make it look better vs. just handing you the modification and asking if you want to apply it. I guess a short cutscene showing the Engineer making the mods and then asking if you want them would look nice and not show the RNG but it would be a waste of resources. The current graphics remind me of a pachinko machine for some reason but I'm willing to ignore them until such time as FD may replace them; that wouldn't be the first time they made significant UI changes.

Just play the game, and you will get multiple materials for any upgrade you want.

Some of them are so rare and/or tied to very specific sources, that you may never stumble upon sufficient amounts, or even not at all. Material and data limits mean sooner rather than later you have to throw out stuff just to keep "playing the game and getting materials". If you are not going in with a plan and looking expressly for some of these and throwing out what you know you won't need, you will be in for a buttload of disappointment.

Thanks for the update!

Concerning ship transfer; what about having the possibility to have our ship transferred to ANY system instead to the target system to be locked _only_ to the system where we are docked in?

So the idea aims to resolve the following issue;
I am in system A with a trader ship. My combat ship is in system B and there is a combat CG in system C. These systems appear to be in 3 different directions not on route to each other (like a triangle). Currently I have to fly from A to B to change the ship from trader to combat, then to fly from B to C with the combat ship.

With the suggested change on ship transfer, I could initiate my combat ship transferred from B to C from system A station, and I could fly from A to C and either my ship would be waiting there or I would need to wait a little only to have it there. This would just reduce the time we have to spend in super cruise and jumping in between systems.

Let me know guys what do you think about this suggestion?

surely possible and not a bad idea at all. Only for now I think let us go as it is, there might be impacts that need some thinking before coding.
Finally developers need to have a few things in the backhand to sell as an improvement later on. [praise]
I am pretty sure it will come sometime in a 3.x release as an enhancement to current mechanic.

Regards,
Miklos

Thanks! While we're at it, have some feedback on torps and ECM. I know most of my suggestions are not a simple change viable for beta, but, on the other hand, other ones can be a temprorary patch until a proper solution is created.

Agreed, it would be nice for your suggestions to be taken into consideration for a later detailed rework of torpedoes. Right now, missiles and torpedoes lack that "Oh potatoes!" feeling of the earlier games.

I suggest:

* Missile lock warning for drama. Like the collision warning tone. Distinct warning for torps.
* More variation in missile lock rules, faster lock on more emissive targets, 'fast lock' missiles/eng upgrades, ECM resetting missile lock obtain progress.

Thanks! While we're at it, have some feedback on torps and ECM. I know most of my suggestions are not a simple change viable for beta, but, on the other hand, other ones can be a temprorary patch until a proper solution is created.
Torpedo's were never really meant to be an 'iwin' button? for a single shot they still do massive damage, and yes they can be avoided, but again, they aren't meant to be 'iwin' at best if you ask me they should be and are now a weapon smaller ships can bring when they team up against bigger ships?

So apparently FDev wants heat weapons cook our internal modules....

Since the beginning everyone is saying that heat weapons should'nt be able to cook our ships by themself but apparently we are all wrong. It's like we are facing it everyday....

- Fixed supercruise motion indicators not being displayed

That's not those vertical bars either side of the screen is it? Losing them was a great step forwards!

No it wasn't, I liked them.

The best way forward is make them so they can be enabled or disabled by the user.

It seems that all my engineered weapons etc have disappeared and i am left with the bog standard ones, anyone else?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

WHOOPS my mistake...... Wrong ship, as you were.

Top Bottom