Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 6

I have to ask; since there's already a perfectly viable way for the UI to display countless modules, the categories view that the shop uses which can obviously handle displaying every single module in the game since it does so at Founder's, was there any pressing reason that the same type of display couldn't be used for module transfer? That would surely support more than 60 modules and allow players to find things easily by splitting them into gear types and allowing the same sorting order filters that we can apply to the shop.

Exactly, we already have the shop interface that would be perfect for the module storage.

Still got the sound issue where it plays for 2 seconds the stops for 1 second then 2 on 1 off beta unplayable with this hope it dose not carry over in to full game.(currently still good)
ticketed this from bets beta .4 .5 and now beta .6 this is in guardians and both the 32 and 64 bit betas of passengers
main game unaffected. all other programs with sound still good.

would like it to be good for the Hutton Truckers sumo bash :)

Hey guys,

- We think heat attacks have been reduced a little too far, and need a very conservative buff:
- Diminishing returns for heat now limit at 100% (up from 95% in previous beta)

Can this be looked at again?

Modules start taking damage at 100%, right?

If I'm reading this correctly, then it's once again possible to have modules start to malfunction before you've even lost your first ring of shields depending on your luck with the RNG if your opponent has engineered heat weapons.

Having weapons that are able to cook your opponent directly is fun, but they shouldn't be a way to just ignore shields.

It's bad enough that module failure is already RNG bound.

Can this be looked at again?

Modules start taking damage at 100%, right?

If I'm reading this correctly, then it's once again possible to have modules start to malfunction before you've even lost your first ring of shields depending on your luck with the RNG if your opponent has engineered heat weapons.

Having weapons that are able to cook your opponent directly is fun, but they shouldn't be a way to just ignore shields.

It's bad enough that module failure is already RNG bound.
The death spiral can start instantly when thrusters or other key module malfunctions after just 1 or 2 shots. Really that is the bummer for me. Once hit hard I can tell it is time to run. But when there isn't even a chance, it's just punishment.

Very good! Lots of much needed fixes! Hope all those missing Visitor Beacons are now where they should be for sightseeing missions.

Also... I just noticed while sitting here at Solo Orbiter in Altair that the "COMMODITIES MARKET" now lists the type of system you are in below the market title ie: Industrial.

Was that just added in? Never noticed it before today. Nice addition whenever it got added.

Not crazy about the return of the SC speed indicator thingys. Kind of liked not having them all this time. An ON/OFF switch would be nice.

Beta 6 has been hinted as "wrapping things up" update. 18th is educated guess. But release is soon [tm].

Agree that next Tuesday is most likely day for release, but I hope they don't rush it and release Thurs/Friday this week. IMO it's not ready for release (issues with NPC crew, stuttering on SC exit). Aside from that I think it's the best beta phase that ED has had [I reserve the right to change my mind if the release turns out to be a disaster ;)]

Is this a joke? All this discussion and that is everything, 60 slots instead of 30? How about more like, 1000? Is there any technical reason why that isn't feasible, or do you guys just subscribe to the latest "punish them with tiny inventory" fad?

Your answer is in the module thread ;) Sandro addressed this pretty definitively in the live stream last week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom