Better ability to test via increased free froam start cash

I enjoy this game a lot but I cannot test any of the ships as I have crashed six times so far trying to make just 300 credits. At this rate I will not be able to assist in bug testing. The market is so saturated it is too slow to test any ship I would appreciate Frontier either increasing start cash, resetting market once a month or so or allowing us to freely use any ship and module so we can test it as much as possible. Anyone agree?:)

I really hope more small ships are added soon. While I'm super stoked to see the Asp and another constrictor like the Boa, I think what I'd most like to see are the Adder and the Krait. Something one can test on a budget, and especially the Adder should help get that early trade career going.

I think sequential testing - so, making the player play the game to earn assets is very valuable. Many games don't seem to do this, with developers / testers cheating in ships and scenarios (for example) to test. Certain games I've played recently suggest this was very much the case in their testing, going as far as having a "special" accelerated version of an in-game economy, that sadly did not highlight the numerous bugs in the real economy. Ah well.

Still, the op is right. Maybe as a "reward" for say hours in game, or overal credits earnt, the player could unlock an enhanced game start with a better ship. As the game progresses, starting in different areas would also help testing. I.e. new players start as now, "advanced" players get to start in a more hostile area for example. It would also of course get people into new areas right away, so they get thoroughly stress tested by many players, rather than just the few who make it that far before dieing / a reset / a crash or whatever.

Just a thought, I'd not be surprised if the devs already had something like this planned later in the Premuim or at the start of the main Beta.

Scoob.

During the alpha, Frontier credited each player of 1.5 million cr, to test the big spaceships

Didn't know that, I wonder if they'll do something similar in the Betas?

Still, I've been thinking, as the game expands during beta, doubtless there will be more opportunities to make money so getting the larger ships might actually become easier. Guess we shall see! :)

Scoob.

Didn't know that, I wonder if they'll do something similar in the Betas?

Still, I've been thinking, as the game expands during beta, doubtless there will be more opportunities to make money so getting the larger ships might actually become easier. Guess we shall see! :)

Scoob.

Perhaps they will do it during the beta. We'll see. If they need to have more tests, it is a solution. The extension to other stellar systems with a greater economic market would be also another solution

Top Bottom