Better trade system

Dear Frontier,

For God's sake, please fix the current trading system!
I pick up 3-4 trade missions, I go to pick up cargo, then go back to the original system, and I'm interdicted immediately. Which is OK, but as soon as I evade, there's the next f...ing pirate. I counted 11 interdiction attempts in line one after the other in the past... OK, I realized it's quicker if I have mines equipped on my ship, np, I stop after the 5th interdiction cause I'm fed up with it. I start to spam mines behind me, but the pirate is clever, evades it. Then what happens? The local police comes in and goes straight into my mines!!! And I receive 200 credits for attacking police, and guess what, I'm transferred to a detention center with 700+T of cargo to face the jury for that 200!!!!!!! CR fine I received because the police cannot avoid my mines, but the f....ing pirate can!! WhTF is this? WHY ON EARTH am I transferred to a detention center for 200 CR fine??????
PLEASE don't send players to detention center below 1000 CR of fine, pls pls pls!

I love this game, but oh I get so angry when these things brake my nerves.......
Sorry for being salty, but I had to write this down.....

Last edited:
Wait, are you complaining about the trade missions and the chain interdictions they cause, the dumb authority ships, the general C&P system or all of the above? Because they are all quite different topics.

You will never hear anyone say - "I got a 200cr fine for ______ spent 5-15 minutes to pay it off, and it was so cool/fun"

IF/detention/anonymous access - just grit & grind

PLEASE don't send players to detention center below 1000 CR of fine, pls pls pls!
people here often defend C&P; your experience, even though this is a feedback forum... will be 'wrong'

Last edited:
You will never hear anyone say - "I got a 200cr fine for ______ spent 5-15 minutes to pay it off, and it was so cool/fun"

IF/detention/anonymous access - just grit & grind

people here often defend C&P; your experience, even though this is a feedback forum... will be 'wrong'

By fine to you actually mean bounty? Because I've never been sent to a detention center for any of my fines.

By fine to you actually mean bounty? Because I've never been sent to a detention center for any of my fines.
you're right , i think, i got mixed up with the Reckless weapon discharge fine now.. it does not need Interstellar factor IIRC

unfortunately mines can't be 'reckless' <shrug>, a clean NPC hit's em,... fun stuff

Last edited:
WHY ON EARTH am I transferred to a detention center for 200 CR fine??????

You got sent to the detention center for assaulting the police, personally if I was the police I would have just nuked you and left your cold dead carcass floating in space, but it is a game so we have to tone it down for some people.

As far as chain interdictions are concerned, you stack missions you get chain interdicted, at least it's not like the old days where if you were interdicted you end up halfway back to where you came from, I think my record was 25 in a row before I made it to the station, personally I think if you escape from the same pirate three times in a row they should give up, but you are mission stacking so exactly the same think could happen with three or four different pirates. Oh well, that's just how the game works, we adjust and learn or we die, or get thrown in prison.

Turn crimes off when using mines so no authority showes up. Be sure that your opponent is wanted before using the trigger.....fines avoided!

I like stacking interdictions during trade missions - it's the reason I do them in my 'vette quite often ;) Strangely they soon seem to stop once you've killed them ....

Yeah, don't stack missions. You get lots of interdictions, not all the time but when they all activate don't blame the game. Either be prepared or don't do it.

Also don't use indiscriminate weapons. Or be prepared to accept the consequences.

I like stacking interdictions during trade missions - it's the reason I do them in my 'vette quite often ;) Strangely they soon seem to stop once you've killed them ....

Try stacking wing assassination missions sometime, if your targets are all in the same system you'll be in an instance attacking one group and another group will drop in to join the party, things get interesting real quick. I've only had it happen a couple of times and each time I've had to Sir Robin my way out, my 'Vette is pretty tough but 8+ ships shooting at me is pushing it.

I'd accept if I was given 50000 fine for "assaulting the police", but taking me to prison for 200 credits? come on, that's just dumb...
I'm OK with the current C&P system, but taking me to the detention center for bounty/fine/whatever less than 1000 CR is just pain in the @$$, nothing else. why isn't there an option to pay 100 times the fine at the station? so I have the option not to be transferred 100 LY away, but rather would pay 20000 instead of the original 200. still the best option imo for fines below 1000 to be payed at the station where you dock in.

you know it gets boring after 11 consecutive interdiction attempts...

As I said earlier, my record count is 25 in a row, that schooled me about stacking high level trade missions.

Of course I travel without weapns so couldn't kill the annoying flea, but the game does warn you. When you take ten or fifteen missions and each one warns you about bounty hunters being sent to roast your nuts you've got to expect at least ten or fifteen interedictions if you just get one per mission.

As I said earlier, my record count is 25 in a row, that schooled me about stacking high level trade missions.

Of course I travel without weapns so couldn't kill the annoying flea, but the game does warn you. When you take ten or fifteen missions and each one warns you about bounty hunters being sent to roast your nuts you've got to expect at least ten or fifteen interedictions if you just get one per mission.

I think you overreact here. I'm doing regular trade missions in my cutter with around 15 missions at the same time to fill the load and it is not as bad as you describe it.
To a starport 4700ls away i get 3 interdictions, most of them i just beat, if close to the starport i submit and instantly low wake (no weapons) to not get too far away from the starport. But it is really not that much that you say.

You can also take a bunch of lightweight multicannons to shred them off to earn a lot of extra money....

I simply can't see what the OP is complaining about.

Missions routinely pay out more for deliveries than you would get if you wee buying and selling trade goods.
The extra reward offered is in return for the extra risk you take.
Every one of those missions you might get interdicted and hunted for TELLS YOU in the mission description that you may be a target.

How are you surprised that when you cram as many of those missions as you can into your cargo hold that you attract every local bounty hunter or factions opponent in the nearby systems?

Seems to be working as intended to me.

Top Bottom