PvP Powerplay Faction: Aisling Duval Better way to earn...?

Hey

I have not done PowerPlay since 2016. I used to be able to fly into a different power's area, shoot some Fed Agents and gain merits. I did this just now and only thing I got for taking out 3 feds was a bounty. Did they change something? Does the system have to be in a certain state? Is the Control status a factor...?

I am not one to wait for 10 pamphlets per 30 mins and make milk runs. I want to earn, but what am I missing? I have been searching but what I have found doesn't seem to mesh with what I am doing.

Thanks!

o7

I am no expert, but I think if you find a controlled anarchy system then you should be able to gain merits without any issues. That is the way that I have managed to do it previously, although I can't recall whether that still obtained a Federation bounty which wasn't really an issue overall.

Yeah, that's what I remember doing, but it didn't work in the 2 systems I tried. I will try again. And yeah, the bounty isn't a big issue.

Powerplay bounties accrue now in any foriegn powerplay system from any gov type. They are separate from normal bounties and can be paid off if you wish. The only consequence of them is that ships from the power you kill will notice them and attack you on sight.

Last edited:
Powerplay bounties accrue now in any foriegn powerplay system from any gov type. They are separate from normal bounties and can be paid off if you wish. The only consequence of them is that ships from the power you kill will notice them and attack you on sight.
I've noticed that. The only bug I have with that is that you get the "bounty" even if you're defending yourself from an attack from an NPC from another power. I'd think you'd rightly get a PP bounty for attacking other PP NPC's/members but I really don't think it's right that you'd get a bounty for simply defending yourself. Not that I think that'll ever get fixed......

I've noticed that. The only bug I have with that is that you get the "bounty" even if you're defending yourself from an attack from an NPC from another power. I'd think you'd rightly get a PP bounty for attacking other PP NPC's/members but I really don't think it's right that you'd get a bounty for simply defending yourself. Not that I think that'll ever get fixed......

Its gang warfare. You slap a foe and he wants his revenge :D

I think the bounty helps me out. Before the bounty, no one would attack me. Now I have fed agents interdicting me left and right. Got 360 merits before I had to reload my MC laden Vulture! 3 jumps to a safe port, reload, turn in merits and out again. Didn't pay bounty off yet!

I know that this is off topic, but if you are looking for something very profitable, try passenger runs between Ceos and Sothis. With a good cabin layout and reputation with the local faction, you can easily be earning over 10 million credits per jump. That's around 60 million an hour, which makes powerplay a joke. Be advised that this is Federal space though and it is out of the bubble, so powerplay for Aisling Duval will get harder. But I recommend leaving that blue-haired chick for all the credits you will be earning! ;)

I know that this is off topic, but if you are looking for something very profitable, try passenger runs between Ceos and Sothis. With a good cabin layout and reputation with the local faction, you can easily be earning over 10 million credits per jump. That's around 60 million an hour, which makes powerplay a joke. Be advised that this is Federal space though and it is out of the bubble, so powerplay for Aisling Duval will get harder. But I recommend leaving that blue-haired chick for all the credits you will be earning! ;)

Oh, believe me... this isn't about the credits. It's all about Prismatic shields. Having earned a good amount doing passenger missions and trading that which shall not be named for many many credits... I finally want to see what everyone is talking about in regards to the shield. And it's green when hit... kinda cool.

Way back when, I didn't want to spend yet another month working towards the shields. I had some of the other goodies... pack hound missiles, imperial hammer and enforcer cannon. Then the Engineers came out and I decided to wipe my character and start fresh. I never went back to PP. I get an hour or two to play every so often at night, so I do what I can with time I have. Blue Haired Princess notwithstanding, it's a means to an end.

Oh, believe me... this isn't about the credits. It's all about Prismatic shields. Having earned a good amount doing passenger missions and trading that which shall not be named for many many credits... I finally want to see what everyone is talking about in regards to the shield. And it's green when hit... kinda cool.

Way back when, I didn't want to spend yet another month working towards the shields. I had some of the other goodies... pack hound missiles, imperial hammer and enforcer cannon. Then the Engineers came out and I decided to wipe my character and start fresh. I never went back to PP. I get an hour or two to play every so often at night, so I do what I can with time I have. Blue Haired Princess notwithstanding, it's a means to an end.
I see... :)

If your goal is to efficiently farm merits (30pts per kill), use the Nav Beacon method. No interdiction required. Once you get in a groove, 1000pts per hour is about average.

It says at that blog, step #2:

"Found opposing system in expansion"

Well despite the fact that It must be a control sistem of another PP faction,
is there any particular kind of system with a higher amount or respawn of PP ships to kill? Does 'expansion' mean boom systems? Are those the best ones?

Thanks

It says at that blog, step #2:

"Found opposing system in expansion"

Well despite the fact that It must be a control sistem of another PP faction,
is there any particular kind of system with a higher amount or respawn of PP ships to kill? Does 'expansion' mean boom systems? Are those the best ones?

Thanks
I dont understand how it works. If I pick a system from the galmap that seems to fit all of the requirements, this method can fail. It only works 100% if I use a system that comes from the Galactic Powers screen under the "Expansion" tab for that power.

I dont understand how it works. If I pick a system from the galmap that seems to fit all of the requirements, this method can fail. It only works 100% if I use a system that comes from the Galactic Powers screen under the "Expansion" tab for that power.
Alright I'll give It a try, thank you.

I tried that before (not using the Galactic Power screen) and I didn't get any merit points for the kills. That's why I'm confused.

You should- are you sure it was a rival power (not allied), a control system (i.e. a system on the fortification tab) and you were destroying only that powers ships?

Yeah right, as I understand you can go to defend your PP faction in an expansion system of your own PP faction, or undermine a control system of another PP faction.

What I was wondering is if among all the control systems there are some with higher respawn rate, due to anarchy or whatever.

Top Bottom