Better way to tell the game where your habitat starts and stops (dangerous animal escaped issue)

Heya!

I recently tried to make a habitat for my hyenas which includes a large underground den. My habitat ontop is closed off, no way of escaping, however my den underground exceeds these habitat barriers ontop and the game as well as the animals think, there is an area to escape. I closed the den off with glas, for visitors to watch them sleep, but the AI tends to run down in a rush, thinking there is an escape route and then going back to idle. This happens a lot. As soon as my animals cross that imaginary barrier line from their habitat on the surface the alarm goes off "Dangerous Animal escaped" which makes it unusable for any of my visitors because of them running away the moment that alarm goes off.

My suggestion to maybe fix/help with these issues:
We got workzones for staff, in which we can tell them where to go and work. Maybe a similar thing could work for habitats. let me manually select which areas and barriers are contected to my habitat in order for my animals to not run around trying to escape, when there is no way out and the alarm from stopping to go off about literally nothing.

I attached some screenshots of my drama habitat to showcase why it is happening. My only "fix" was to make the den smaller and not cross the habitat barriers on the surface... which is a bit meh.
a23a208493.jpg

Attachments

• 20191111001644_1.jpg
    20191111001644_1.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20191111004402_1.jpg
    20191111004402_1.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 20191111005019_1.jpg
    20191111005019_1.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean... But for better habitat control & working with terrain, don't forget about the null barrier!

I attached a image to show better what my issue is, that cannot be fixed by a null barrier either. :)
But thank you for trying to help my drama habitat, I appreciate it!

Attachments

• a23a208493.jpg
    a23a208493.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 134
I understand now! This is by design, theres no work around that I know of. You will have to make the glass barrier part of the habitat barrier. You could for example, leave the top piece as non-habitat barrier after connecting the glass piece to the habitat

I understand now! This is by design, theres no work around that I know of. You will have to make the glass barrier part of the habitat barrier. You could for example, leave the top piece as non-habitat barrier after connecting the glass piece to the habitat

View attachment 151114
yes that is what I am suggesting. Let me mark which barriers belong to one habitat to avoid that. I did "fix" it but I liked the way it was before more, hece my suggestion xD

Pretty sure if you use a null barrier as far out as you have the glass (or a tiny bit outside it), replace the glass barrier with glass pieces from the construction menu and the surface barrier with a construction material that's high enough you should have no issues and it will still look the way you want.

Like this: Yellow line is Null barrier, red line is brick or whatever barrier. Red box is Construction wall elements, blue box is construction glass elements.

Animals can't cross the construction elements but are still inside the habitat null barrier so won't cause alerts. Guests can cross the null barrier so can go right up to the wall at the top.

Last edited:
Top Bottom