Patch Notes Update Beyond 3.0 Beta 2 Incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Sounds awesome FDev. The changes being made to Engineers like the pinned blueprint and faster progression are great moves. That should kill off the 'I've already unlocked them vibe'.

Thanks for the update FDev, always appreciated [up]

In particular thanks for listening and doing this:
Pinning a blueprint will now pin all grades, not just one
Higher reputation with an Engineer will increase the speed you'll progress through the lower grades

:D

Last edited:
Just gone into the engineer's workshop to upgrade my FSD, as the max G5 optimal mass has gone up from 50% to 55% in this beta release.

But when I select a G5 Increased range mod it says "This modification has been completed" and won't let me do it. It says my optimal mass is 55% when it isn't. It's 50%, from the previous beta. My jump range is the same as in beta 1.

I assume this is an anomaly due to max values changing in the betas, and if I started fresh with a new FSD I'll be able to upgrade it fully to the 55% level.

"Prison ships now carry a stock of Sidewinders"

That is a nice addition. Got destroyed in the Chieftain while having a 2d FSD fitted. Turns out the GalMap isn't impressed with a .2Ly jump range. Had to transfer a ship to get out, but waiting for the transfer itself isn't exactly exciting gameplay. Hopefully the stock Sidewinder has enough range to get you back. Still there's the extra time added for getting back, ship transfer times, etc.

The mechanic of placing players on prison ships light years away, introduces the possibility of players of abandoning the session, due to having to spend extra time getting back into their theater of operations to resume play with buddies.

I don't see this issue mentioned, it's said to be known about but seems to get missed at every update:

In this bug report: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...cements-timing:

Station announcer responses are badly timed. The sequence ATM is:
(1) Request docking
(2) Pad number is displayed on screen.
(3) Zero throttle.
(4) "Docking approved, go to pad number...";
(5) "Automated docking approved...";
etc.

From the wording of the announcements I'm convinced that (4) should be at the same time as (2) as a response to (1). (5) makes sense as the response to (3).

It's minor, but I keep on about it because it spoils immersion and all the hard work of making varied audio announcements has been well done, it's such a shame to negate it all by just playing them at the wrong times. Thanks in advance if it's fixed!

Why is there still a reset to grind still once a level is unlocked. Is it not enough to gather materials, but now you’re still requiring us to start over. Speeding it up doesn’t remove the concerns.

Initial commodity adjustments to make it more profitable to smuggle goods to a black market

Anarchy factions treat smuggling goods at a black market as if they were traded on the open commodities market for the purposes of the Background Sim

These are great thanks!

Can dev confirm if this includes goods with the stolen tag too?

Hi all,
where do I find the "Civilisation filter". Can't see them where the Thargoid and Guardian filters were?
  • Removed Thargoid and Guardian from galaxy map Allegiance filter and added them to a new Civilisation filter

Any idea?

Just gone into the engineer's workshop to upgrade my FSD, as the max G5 optimal mass has gone up from 50% to 55% in this beta release.

But when I select a G5 Increased range mod it says "This modification has been completed" and won't let me do it. It says my optimal mass is 55% when it isn't. It's 50%, from the previous beta. My jump range is the same as in beta 1.

I assume this is an anomaly due to max values changing in the betas, and if I started fresh with a new FSD I'll be able to upgrade it fully to the 55% level.

Have you tried to apply a level 4 upgrade to your FSD and then upgrade to lvl 5 again?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom