Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 1)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Moved 2 moons in Kyloasly DA-A f69 slightly apart so that they no longer intersect
acaa5c87414bfbc264a17fb8ebef3a03.jpg

From what I have seen and played so far of this BETA. FDEV are doing an amazing job. This is a colossus of an update adding more immersion and depth. To all at Frontier thank you...

Apologies if this has been answered already, (I have to work so can't trawl through the 15 pages of discussion so far) I'm a bit confused about the discovery. Does this mean that all the systems will be open to be re-discovered? Is there going to be a scramble to scan Saggitarius A? Should I get my ship out there NOW? AM I GOING TO LOSE ALL MY SYSTEMS I PREVIOUSLY DISCOVERED !!!???!!!

Looks like a really interesting update, I'm really glad discovery has got an upgrade, it was really needed!

Apologies if this has been answered already, (I have to work so can't trawl through the 15 pages of discussion so far) I'm a bit confused about the discovery. Does this mean that all the systems will be open to be re-discovered? Is there going to be a scramble to scan Saggitarius A? Should I get my ship out there NOW? AM I GOING TO LOSE ALL MY SYSTEMS I PREVIOUSLY DISCOVERED !!!???!!!

No. There's just another tag being added, first mapped. First discovery doesn't change, you're safe.

Thanks! Although just finally got it all downloaded, and there are a few strange things:
I ended my last game in a Diamondback Explorer in George Lucas Station with around 50m credits. I fired up the Beta and found myself in a Cobra in the Surya system with 10m credits. I searched up some of the places I had discovered, and according to the Galactic map I have never been there, and can't actually look at the system.

I also tried filtering according to places I have visited, which should show up as a trail of blue dots, and all of that is missing. Don't know if that is a Beta thing, and will come back later?

Also don't know if I should continue playing from this new position, ship and bank balance (which is based on what I had before I did my last quick exploration trip) because I might end up with two separate saves of my character?

So right now I'm a bit lost on how to proceed...

I ended my last game in a Diamondback Explorer in George Lucas Station with around 50m credits. I fired up the Beta and found myself in a Cobra in the Surya system with 10m credits.

Your Beta CMDR is a 'snapshot' taken from your live CMDR from a few weeks ago (only FD know exactly when, and it doesn't really matter).

I also tried filtering according to places I have visited, which should show up as a trail of blue dots, and all of that is missing. Don't know if that is a Beta thing, and will come back later?
Yes it's a beta thing.

Also don't know if I should continue playing from this new position, ship and bank balance (which is based on what I had before I did my last quick exploration trip) because I might end up with two separate saves of my character?
You do have two separate saves - one is your beta CMDR the other is your live CMDR, they are completely independent and it depends on which product you select in the Launcher.

See https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=255 and https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/452669-Beta-FAQ for more info.

Thanks! Although just finally got it all downloaded, and there are a few strange things:
I ended my last game in a Diamondback Explorer in George Lucas Station with around 50m credits. I fired up the Beta and found myself in a Cobra in the Surya system with 10m credits. I searched up some of the places I had discovered, and according to the Galactic map I have never been there, and can't actually look at the system.

So right now I'm a bit lost on how to proceed...

The beta starts you from a snapshot save from a few weeks ago, which is why you are where you are.

Do whatever you like - spend all of your credits on new toys, suicide, get a really bad reputation as a pirate / assasin, anything you like - and the more variation on your 'normal' gameplay the better as it will 'work' the new mechanics more...

At the end of the beta you will be back to where you were before it started, with the same everything you had. The beta is just a new litter tray to do your thing in :)

Last edited:
Nice...

but I see that correct, no information in the Player Journal about the Influence gain for the Mission Complete Event (and other). So we only have the value form the Mission Accepted Event, what do not include your choice when finisch the Mission ?

Please add the Influence Gain to all Events that have an impact to it to the Player Journal.

Thanks MainSequence and Ratcatcher,

All my questions answered, now I can go and have fun and not worry about my original game...!

You are most welcome! (I was only passing on the same told to me by one of those kind folk who have played a lot longer than I - good stuff is always worth sharing)

In 3.3 - Do Pledged Factions Give Squadron's Bonuses?

When a squadron pledges to a Faction, are there any plans for members of that squadron receive "bonuses" from that Faction's controlled stations? For instance, increased mission payouts, increased bounty payouts, ship discount, module discounts, etc.

IMO, a monetary bonus to incentivize increasing that Faction's influence (or your squadron's influence with it), would add a necessary layer of strategy to both squadrons and the BGS.
Imagine, the wider you increase your squadron's Faction's reach, the more ports your squadron can receive bonuses from.

1. Where are the Patch Notes please ?? I dis a search and got patch notes for 1.6 - just a little out of date.... T.I.A (though on the last beta the PNs were er er less than clear_)
2. When I came to fire my primary peashooter, I got a 'you cannot dot that in cabin mode" ????HUHUHUH????
3. Why oh why did you change the default cursor position from the 'Market Place' to Exit when you arrive at a station and all the effects stop with Market (used to be under the cursor) so you can go immeditly to the markte or one down and into the Missions ??? the habits of a life time zapped by some makeee-learneee.
4 I keep getting warnings that if I save any BINDINGS then the world will end and I will loose everyhting ????? even though 'they' have messed with my settings without by or leave. grrr
5 Took on at Hunt the Hard Drive mission. the pretty blue POI lights up (and mostly - but not always lights an announcment) BUT it is ALWYS 700 Light Seconds away and buy the time I arrive there at full throttle (Krate) there is an empty instance there when I arrive and drop out of SC. Tried 8 times on one 4 times on another = I get the impression that an NPC with an ultra fast drive system has seen and stolen it - there has been a flash on the radar of an NPC moving at 1000(plus) Ly/second just before I get there - I GIVE UP.
6 (is this the place to moan, or do I get a Ticket ?) Mike

Not to sound ungrateful but where are the very simple quality of life fixes?

1. Why is my % shield strength still not on the main screen?

2. Why cannot my turrets forward fire when I do no longer have a target selected? Gimballed does. Why do I have to go to the 4th right hand screen, scroll along, etc.

3. Why are not all my "stored" items sorted by type or module location or something instead of a big jumbled mess.

4. Etc., etc., etc.

When a squadron pledges to a Faction, are there any plans for members of that squadron receive "bonuses" from that Faction's controlled stations? For instance, increased mission payouts, increased bounty payouts, ship discount, module discounts, etc.

IMO, a monetary bonus to incentivize increasing that Faction's influence (or your squadron's influence with it), would add a necessary layer of strategy to both squadrons and the BGS.
Imagine, the wider you increase your squadron's Faction's reach, the more ports your squadron can receive bonuses from.

Go for it!! I will just make my own squadron aligned to your faction so we can share profits!

3. Why are not all my "stored" items sorted by type or module location or something instead of a big jumbled mess.

Just as an FYI, the Stored Modules list is sorted using the sort setting for the hardpoints/internal modules. But I agree, it would be nice if it had it's own sort and filter options, it's on my wishlist also.

Go for it!! I will just make my own squadron aligned to your faction so we can share profits!

I thought of that too, your squadron should only get bonuses if it reaches Allied or some higher level, meaning your squadron still has to put in the work to share in the benefits.

Also, smaller Factions should pay out larger bonuses to incentivize squadrons to align with them, just like a real life company would pay higher wages than competitors to spur growth. All I'm saying, aligning squadrons with Factions could be so much more dynamic if there is a reward based system for participating in the BGS with your squadron.

Is anyone else getting a black screen when zooming in on a planet with the FSS scanner after the minor patch? See attached screenshot.
Yk46XzI
UPDATE: Just checked the forums and it's a known issue. All good.

Yk46XzI.png

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom