Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 1)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Thanks MainSequence and Ratcatcher,

All my questions answered, now I can go and have fun and not worry about my original game...!

But as a reminder, for the Love of Vulcan, make SURE you're doing anything crazy in the BETA version and don't mess up your live commander. Too many folks have inadvertently started the live game and messed something up they really didn't mean to do. What happens in Beta stays in Beta, but what happens in live version stays foreeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr.

Not to sound ungrateful but where are the very simple quality of life fixes?

1. Why is my % shield strength still not on the main screen?

2. Why cannot my turrets forward fire when I do no longer have a target selected? Gimballed does. Why do I have to go to the 4th right hand screen, scroll along, etc.
Or at least allow us to sort it ourselves so we can have some order - I purchased a 1/4 million Cr reactor, only to find I had one stored a few thousand Crs away....
3. Why are not all my "stored" items sorted by type or module location or something instead of a big jumbled mess.

4. Etc., etc., etc.

While we're on the topic of buffing the Saud Kruger ships...

The beluga is probably the biggest ship by volume; yet it has almost half the cargo capacity of cutter & type 9.

how about giving it a couple of class 8 sized cargo slots - then it'll at least be competitive :)

The new star system scanning system is good.
The graphics update is allso good.
and after i try the new mining additions, i am sure i will like those too. But.
Starting with the things i don't like that i noticed first. kokpit modes as they r now make little sense.
If, data scanners wouldn't show up at all when kokpit is on combat mode. the systme could b usefull (poor choice of words by the way, how about when i am mining or, using limpets to pick up stuff? I am still using "combat mode" to do those thing, aren't i?) Why diploy weapons when pressing trigger while kokpit on scanning mode?
But, kokpit modes can b usefull if, data scanners and fsd interdictors would't show up at all when in "combat mode. Ideally frontier developers could give us the option to configurate our own kokpit modes.
I am not sure how unidentified sources work like now. But, i really don't thing the game's developers r stupid enough to let a new signal source pop up right behind me every time i enter hyperspace after jumping in to one of those make it to the live server. I mean, u guys r still working on it right?
Maybe, leave in only the usc's we find when jumping in to a star system, and ones one of them expires, a new one pops up after half of an hour or, so. and remove the ssc's constantly poping up infront of the space ships.
Why can't i exit the new discovery scaner's scanning mode the same way i go in?
And maybe u sould add some sort of compass to the discovery's mode ui, or, just add a marker showing the center of the galaxy to it.
And lastly, about the new night vision thing.
I haven't tryed it out in any dark asteroid field yet, but of what i show on the sufice of a dark side of a planet, i can't say i am impressed. How haven't u added a spot light to the srv's turret yet?

And please fix the broken normal space flight system. Having a space ship slowing down after boosting sucks.
Removing the engine boost function all together would b an iprovement.
Ideally, replace it with a multy role function, behaving differently depending on the position of the throttle.
And let us yawn as fast as we can pitch, but, on the same acceleration rate we have now.
Or, add a new fully newtonian version of the game for those of us who want to play a space game.

And maybe, if ever u decide to do something with the icy bodie's, here is a tip to make the game great.
Add some sort of drilling module capable to melt the icy furfice and deploy a submargable probe.
The normal space flight mechanics woulp b suitable to submarines, all tho having a minimnum number of pips to the engines to use boost, still wouldn't make sense

Allso, why did u put avatars in srv's and fighters? those r remotely controlled right? Or else, why don't the cmndrs or, the npc pilotes die when the srv or, fighter is destroyed?

Allso allso when will i b able to switch ships, with out curring anything i have in it's cargo bay?

as i said, i haven't tried the dark side of an asteroid ring yet. R the ship's head lights still as ridiculessly weak as they were before?

An other small thing to make playing easier would b to give different colours to the icons repressenting different types of selestial objects in the on flight orrery while in super cruise. (stars, planet etc)

And one last thing about ssc's

Has any of u thought of having them changing state over time? For example a convoy dispersal signal source, all tho it makes no sense for a convoy to jump out of super cruise and just hang out in normal space, maybe make them change to distress signals ones they exipre, or, before, and then change pottencially to a high grade ssc, and then to digraded, and last to combat aftermath, or, something like that.

Thnx for still giving work to the game.

Good luck on changing it to a game with mechanics that r both fun to play with and make sense. One does not exclude the other.

Last edited:
FD could we get some kind of marker on the left UI to tell us what moons planets ect we have already mapped with out going to them.
same with surface signal source, change the color or some thing so we can see what we have been and looked at or not.

I still can't find out how to use the guns - deploy them OK - there they are standing proud - press the Trigger and you get a You Can't Do That in This Coclpit mode. !HUH! Where is the Mode Switch ? Tia Mike

I still can't find out how to use the guns - deploy them OK - there they are standing proud - press the Trigger and you get a You Can't Do That in This Coclpit mode. !HUH! Where is the Mode Switch ? Tia Mike

It isn't pre assigned IIRC so you have to bind it to the key(combination) of your choice, then it is orange (original) HUD to kill stuff and blue (new) HUD to analyse and mine things.

Mine is the Tab key now but it has been other things, so I am afraid it is a case of 'where you left it'.

It isn't pre assigned IIRC so you have to bind it to the key(combination) of your choice, then it is orange (original) HUD to kill stuff and blue (new) HUD to analyse and mine things.

Mine is the Tab key now but it has been other things, so I am afraid it is a case of 'where you left it'.

(Grrr answered but someone(ED or browser) threw it away.)
Thanks - you pointed me in a direction that eventually got the stickieOutieBangieThings to go bang - Getting some where. but it seems I need to completely re program my XBOX controller to make the switch quicky and not debendant on 3 seperate postits on the desk.....

My HUD stays resolutly brown/orange independent of the mode. - yes the guns (IF selected) turn blue amd refuese to fire, but also they can be brorange and still not fire - AAARRRGGGHHH how to make something that is essentially simple into a GeekMaze^3

Maybe half of this game is finding out how to beat the 'Coders & their bright (but useless) Ideas'..
M

Is This The Place?
I have had a whierd anomaly when doing Planet scan jobs.
The very first time this happened, I followed the (ragged) target at half throttle and about 70odd kms I smacked into a land mass.
After much re-aquiring and trying, I gave up having decended vertically - wheels down - into the murk, only to be advised
I had met a body may no pass line (with 7 km left on the clock ??!!)
I gave up after several tries.
I then took 2 seperate tasks the 2nd being to check what happend. Each task had 2 jobs - both Planet Scans in the same system.
Both scans were on the same planet, very dark & I have not yet learnt how to switch on night vision.
All went ok and I started the 1st flying decent, the target was normal a clean bright 3/4 circle with distance and name in
bright letters.
As usual it wound itself up and zipped off elsewhere - followed it and the target had grown zagies and the text browned down.
- I had more distance to run (as normal) but - remembering the 1st one - I climbed util I was very high - then it wound up and moved.
Now it was clean - down I went and it moved again - and was jagged again. I climbed to about 10,000Mtrs and got over the target and started
a vertical decent with UC down, at about 7,000 mtr the altitude then started to climb while I continued down !HUH!
Then out of gloom came a pair of Site Lights and buildings - upside down - while I was manoeuvring it zipped off and when I
found it again it was right side up on the ground with a perfect circle and the storage site was right side up.
- the altimeter worked ok and I landed about 1 km away. Did the thing and claimed my money.
Came back to same planet and fumbled my way in again with alternating good targets and ragged targets (with and offset on the altitude.)
Similar with next pair - ragged targets had 7ishkm offset & can 'hide' the fact that there is land between them and Me.
In Both dual trips, I had two(=4) Defence Cannons - both of which I 'killed' but one(?allways?) woke from the dead and tried to shoot
my Krait as I left. I have quite a few still shots but no movie (don't know how).
P.S. only had the upside down lights once, but I was in the right place at the right time for them!
Mike

Last edited:
Hello folks,

I've updated the patch notes with an additional point:

• Orca, Dolphin and Beluga optional internal slots no longer restricted to just passenger cabins.
Great news !

Now there is needs for a rework of passenger missions so there is :
- More local passenger mission to allow profitable passenger transport routes loop.
- A lot more luxurious passenger mission so Kruger's ship can stack them
- A drastic decrease in long distance sight seeing mission (+5K LY - +20K LY)

Maybe add more slot to Kurger's ship to make them best at their role ?

With all of that Kruger's ship will now be really more profitable for passenger transportation than Anaconda...

Trying to make sure I understand the new explo mechanic wrt missions. If I take a mission to recover 4 somethings from a planet surface in a system I have not been to before:

Old way:
Honk ADS. Game tells me what planet it's on. Look at sys map, fly to planet, and when close enough, the POI pops up.

New way:
No ADS req'd. Honk. Game tells me what planet it's on, but now the sys map is blank. Enter FSS mode. Do the rigamarole to find the target planet such that it shows up on the sys map and I can fly to it. Fly to planet. At this point, do I need a DSS/probes to find the mission POI on the planet surface, or does it pop up?

In other words, if I'm just mission running, to possibly unexplored systems, I no longer need and ADS, but now do I need a DSS?

Trying to make sure I understand the new explo mechanic wrt missions. If I take a mission to recover 4 somethings from a planet surface in a system I have not been to before:

Old way:
Honk ADS. Game tells me what planet it's on. Look at sys map, fly to planet, and when close enough, the POI pops up.

New way:
No ADS req'd. Honk. Game tells me what planet it's on, but now the sys map is blank. Enter FSS mode. Do the rigamarole to find the target planet such that it shows up on the sys map and I can fly to it. Fly to planet. At this point, do I need a DSS/probes to find the mission POI on the planet surface, or does it pop up?

In other words, if I'm just mission running, to possibly unexplored systems, I no longer need and ADS, but now do I need a DSS?
I think you get most, if not all, of the information you need from scanning the nav beacon ... but I've not tried a mission to an unknown world under beta.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before as I haven't had time to read the forums but are you going to be implementing set Key bindings for the new scanner in exploration for various hotas systems thank you

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom