Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 4)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
OMG the honk!

I thought it was just the honk at the end until I sorted out my sound settings 7.1 surround with bass boost on JEEPERS! the honk nearly vibrated my headphones off my head.

ooh the sweet deep bass build up and the climatic honk at the end........

now THAT is a honk that would map a star system!

Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the BIG HONKING error message about module not use-able in the current mode?

As an example, my combat explorer, in 2.x, had two fire groups. Group A was primary fire weapons and, secondary fire limpets. With group B being primary fire Data/composition/cargo/wake etc., whatever scanners and, secondary fire being the DSS.

With the new mode switch I thought I could place everything in one fire group and then just mode switch to choose which modules to use. And, technically, that does work. But I get this glaring, annoyingly large, error message complaining about modules from the other mode not being use-able in the current mode.

The only fix I could find was to go back to the old 2.0 dual group setup. But, then not only do I have to switch fire groups but, also the mode as well. In 3.x we'll have to do two commands to do what took just one in 2.x.

Is it possible to curve the UI's while in VR ?
Also, is it also possible to make it a user setting as to how far the left and right UI's are located ?
I understand some people like them where they are, but if ever playing with a sore neck, turning that far left and right becomes bothersome.
Most of the time, I have to turn my chair to read the UI's properly.

I don't see the logic of making the Mamba slower after bringing the heat to a tolerable level. Why design it so sweet and show it off in a trailer. Ghost Giraffe took it cayon racing and it was under performing speed wise. You released the trailer about Mamba for what?

something that Obsidian Ant said about the Mamba in his vlog yesterday made me a bit baffled:

He quoted this CM post:
...We working on getting these changes implemented as soon as possible, but due to time constraints these changes may arrive in a patch shortly after launch of Beyond – Chapter Four.

thats regarding the mamba's balancing.
aka number changes.

if there are already "time constraints" for such a modification, then their current build is already in the console patch confirmation pipeline for release.
- i other word the current beta build is what we will get.

am i wrong?

something that Obsidian Ant said about the Mamba in his vlog yesterday made me a bit baffled:

He quoted this CM post:

thats regarding the mamba's balancing.
aka number changes.

if there are already "time constraints" for such a modification, then their current build is already in the console patch confirmation pipeline for release.
- i other word the current beta build is what we will get.

am i wrong?

It could be. But it could also include changes that haven't been released in the beta.

Also some changes can be done server side. Hence the reason why I think the beta is still running as thing like BGS and mission balances are server side.

It could be. But it could also include changes that haven't been released in the beta.

Also some changes can be done server side. Hence the reason why I think the beta is still running as thing like BGS and mission balances are server side.

i am still waiting for the serverside fix for some multicrew things and npc crew permadeath...

Not too sure they will be server side unfortunately. If they haven't been in beta I very much doubt they will be coming. I'm also not happy about NPC permadeath.
they could change the multipliers of how much a crew gets bounty shares server side... and that was AFAIK the second last time they had touched multicrew at all.
(last thing was the very generous switch to give the gunner nothing, everything or just the turrets)

mission participation share,
CG participation

and the way how combat experience is shared between npc crew and human crew... those things should be server side.

back to topic:
IMHO ship balance numbers should not require real patch. its should something flexible that does not affect any "code" that requires a complicated QA pipeline with the consoles (XBox, PS)

Good job! Thanks!
I would like to see additional lights lighting space on the SRV tower in the direction of rotation of the turret.

Last edited:
Training Tutorial Bug - stuck in hyperspace and never arrive at planet

I'm new to the game and just got a H.O.T.A.S. - so I re-did the training module for docking and travel in 3.3 Beta... and there appears to be a bug with the hyperspace travel. You just get stuck in the jump, and it never arrives at the location. Tried twice now, and only way out is to end the task of the game. I targeted Eranin as instructed and jumped to hypercruise, and i'm just... cruising... with no end in site. after about 10 minutes, i call it quits. Might want to check it out, or let me know what i did wrong.

Thanks!~

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom