Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 4)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Mamba is now fun to fly, boost, acceleration, and agility are all where they should be once fully engineered. A significant bit below the FDL, but faster. However, the transverse thrusters are pretty darn weak. I can see this being very hard to fly in even a moderate gravity field.

Narration added for "Individuals" knowledge-base articles

I love the new knowledge base, haven't heard much comment from everyone else, but what I've heard I really like. Gives a real 'feel' for the different powers. Though I haven't listened to all the articles as waiting for it to go live.

The rest of the various fixes and enhancements are excellent as well.

Regarding mining, it looks like cracking an asteroid open will produce more ores now, but have surface and sub-surface yields been increased too? I dearly hope so, or you have more work to do yet Frontier.

A little underwhelming on the mining fix side...

We made so many suggestions, and so few are present.... Though welcomed.

That's a great list but I hope a few more of the VR issues got fixed than just those two :(

I think so - just been out for a trip (just a couple of systems) in my Rift - gone are the random blobs, blue blobs are still elliptical :) Will jump out to a few more systems later, or do some mining, but first impressions are very positive!

Regarding mining, it looks like cracking an asteroid open will produce more ores now, but have surface and sub-surface yields been increased too? I dearly hope so, or you have more work to do yet Frontier.

As someone who does not believe in especially big payouts and credit creep I still reckon' that if motherlode asteroids are going to remain as scarce as they currently are then they really need to have something worth at least 250,000 in the middle of them.

As someone who does not believe in especially big payouts and credit creep I still reckon' that if motherlode asteroids are going to remain as scarce as they currently are then they really need to have something worth at least 250,000 in the middle of them.
Let's test it and report back :) I believe another sweep of balancing and we will get there.

Great list of changes and fixes. Looking forward to jumping in tonight after work.

Big thanks to the FDev team.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom