Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 4)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
A big thanks to the devs andthe QA team for the excellent and coordinated response during this beta.
Looking forward to dive right into beta 4 tonight :).

o7

So, huh, make sure you launch the 3.3 Horizons beta. Not just the 3.3 beta.

Cause krait phantom and mamba are both at Jameson Memorial.
Yep. Did that ... and then logged out to double-check. Even rebooted my computer just to be sure -- had to for some updates anyway.

When I log into Horizons Beta there are 37 ships and Horizons stuff is enabled. When I log into non-Horizons Beta, there are 36 ships and Horizons stuff is disabled. No Mamba in either one.

Edit: This is at Dalton Gateway, by the way.

Have to go to bed anyway, as I stayed up way too long as I was excited to check out the "new" Mamba. Hopefully the Missing Mamba Mystery will be solved when I wake up.

Last edited:
great to see the flechette launcher got a patchnote... again its not about the useless multicrew turret.

gonna test the mining changes later today

Big thank you. Glad its back. :)

And FDev if you are reading...please please please change its accuracy to 1km. It would be good way to measure planet surface distances (during circumference for example). In current live 3.2 at over 1000km traveled accuracy turns to 10km (meaning it loses last number).

9P1kPuJ.png

And there was much rejoicing!:D

I hope The Toggle also applies to ship names.;)

Yeah. I wouldn't mind the ship name one so much if I had any way of knowing about it until someone tells me "hey, your ship name is censored FYI"

I had them uncensored by support a while back but it looks like it crept back on at some point and I'm waiting until chapter 4 goes live before I pester them again.

So, huh, guess what? I'm doing exactly that! And was doing exactly that the first time!

Restarted the game, just to be sure (you never know, huh?) - nope, still 37 ships and no Mamba.

Strange.

Just logged in and at Jameson Memorial there are indeed 37 ships for sale and number 30 is the Mamba sat between the FdL and the Python.

Great list of fixes here, but I can't help but notice that there's no implementation of the most common suggestions relating to the new mining mechanics to enable more ships to partake fully (notably the Type-7). I am not too disappointed by it because I know you can't get everything in a single patch, however what is a little disappointing is the choice to make minor fixes to the mechanics as they currently stand, which suggests that you're committed to them, and so won't be making the larger suggested changes (at least before 3.3 goes to the live server).

After all, if you were going to consider merging the prospector limpets with the DSS, or the Pulse Wave Analyser with the Composition Scanner etc... then there'd be no point applying fixes to the Prospectors or the Pulse Wave Analyser as they stand currently.

Of course there were issues there that affected the quality of gameplay through lack of information, but the overarching issue is module overcrowding, and it's an issue that still remains and is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.

Otherwise, like I said, some brilliant changes in the patch notes and a lot of work has clearly gone in there, so thank you for what you have done.

Great list of fixes here, but I can't help but notice that there's no implementation of the most common suggestions relating to the new mining mechanics to enable more ships to partake fully (notably the Type-7). I am not too disappointed by it because I know you can't get everything in a single patch, however what is a little disappointing is the choice to make minor fixes to the mechanics as they currently stand, which suggests that you're committed to them, and so won't be making the larger suggested changes (at least before 3.3 goes to the live server).

After all, if you were going to consider merging the prospector limpets with the DSS, or the Pulse Wave Analyser with the Composition Scanner etc... then there'd be no point applying fixes to the Prospectors or the Pulse Wave Analyser as they stand currently.

Of course there were issues there that affected the quality of gameplay through lack of information, but the overarching issue is module overcrowding, and it's an issue that still remains and is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.

Otherwise, like I said, some brilliant changes in the patch notes and a lot of work has clearly gone in there, so thank you for what you have done.

I have a feeling that you are not meant to be able to fit everything, like we can't fit every weapon. You need to think about what kind of mining you want to do that day.

Maybe it has been designed like that on purpose.

I have a feeling that you are not meant to be able to fit everything, like we can't fit every weapon. You need to think about what kind of mining you want to do that day.

Maybe it has been designed like that on purpose.

There have been various proposals for combined limpet controller. Many of them share a theme where the controller would have limited slots like a fighter bay, and if you want to really have all limpet types available, you'd have to use like an class 7 limpet controller.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
There have been various proposals for combined limpet controller. Many of them share a theme where the controller would have limited slots like a fighter bay, and if you want to really have all limpet types available, you'd have to use like an class 7 limpet controller.

You can change your signature now :D

You mean like a limpet controller rack which you can put more then one limpet controller in depending on size, then yes I am all up for that. It is something I have asked for myself.

I was more talking about the mining weapons.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom