Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 4)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Added a Universal Limpet Controller module, to unify the 8 different types of Limpets currently in the game
Yeah, module crowding is becoming a problem. I can appreciate the strategic thinking of requiring module management but there should be an option to buy a universal limpet controller. It can be pricey, like the ADS (a few million cr).

Hmm these new materials are quite pricey
359320_20181121225535_1.png

Hi Will

I just arrived in Maia, to face the invaders
But NO ONE warned me of the danger or asked for help for the incredibly frightening and catastrophic event of an alien invasion

What a chance Palin is not even worried for the insects in the grass

Where are the cries of "Evacuating the System"?

Woohoo! The Missing Mamba Mystery was solved! There are again 38 ships for sale in Dalton Gateway!

...of course now is the time I'll discover that the new improved Mamba still sucks for my playstyle and I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole in Live. lol

But at least now I can find out...

Will, any word yet on addressing the shimmer/pulse waterfall effect in the FSS that's causing migraines for myself and other Cmdrs? Much as I'd love to be testing the new content, it's literally physically impossible for me to do so while that effect remains ingame in its current form.

"Controls

• The binding for entering the vanity cam in ship and SRV can now be bound to the same button"

Excellent. Another button freed.

Now here is the weird thing: I already use the same button for both in live. :p I think (but will have to check) it was one of the 'secretly optional' bindings in the SRV, where if you leave it blank it automatically takes the ships control instead. Works for some bindings, not for others, and I found no explanation for it. Guess they now just allow you to bind both using the same button, which is probably a bit more intuitive.

All good stuff. I'm particularly pleased by "The binding for entering the vanity cam in ship and SRV can now be bound to the same button."

I keep secretly hoping to read "Wing beacon has now been enabled by default". Maybe that'll make it into the patch notes for the live release. PRETTY PLEASE?

I have a feeling that you are not meant to be able to fit everything, like we can't fit every weapon. You need to think about what kind of mining you want to do that day.

Maybe it has been designed like that on purpose.

I would be okay with that to some extent, but there is still a lot of module overcrowding that is fairly unnecessary - like having multiple tools that do the same job ever so slightly differently.
Plus the big one is that there's still no small Seismic Charge Launcher, so the Type-7 couldn't mine motherlodes even if it wanted to (when many smaller ships can).

So in this current form, I am not okay with the restriction - I know generally I shouldn't be able to outfit my small or medium sized ship both to be completely defensible and do all the mining activities... but I should at least be able to choose whether to do strip mining and be defensible, or the new mining activities and be a little bit defensible, or forego defense altogether and do a mixture of mining. As it stands now, the Type-7 can't make the choice because it's locked out of the seismic charges altogether. And in many medium and small ships, if you can fit all the required modules for the new mining tools, you barely have space left for actual cargo racks to collect the stuff you mine.

Example - Cobra MkIII can fit all the new mining tools and have space for a cargo rack only if you forego something like a fuel scoop. If you're going to travel around a bit to find a good mining spot, you're gonna want a fuel scoop, which means no shields or no cargo rack.

I like the tactical decisions that outfitting gets you to make, but I feel in this case it goes a little bit too far.

Now here is the weird thing: I already use the same button for both in live. :p I think (but will have to check) it was one of the 'secretly optional' bindings in the SRV, where if you leave it blank it automatically takes the ships control instead. Works for some bindings, not for others, and I found no explanation for it. Guess they now just allow you to bind both using the same button, which is probably a bit more intuitive.

It was a bug introduced with the beta: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/456510-Camera-Suite-Bindings-Toggle-Issue

Personally I'd now like a distinct keybind for 'Exit Camera Suite' as opposed to the current toggle, that way I can have all 'exit this screen' keybinds using the 'UI Back' key.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

Ditto, I have both on the same key and it works perfectly fine.

Until it bugged out in Beta only and was just fixed.

Nitpick, but how long until you guys merge the enter/exit FSS buttons? Because it's really kind of dumb that that exists but it doesn't elsewhere.

I would be okay with that to some extent, but there is still a lot of module overcrowding that is fairly unnecessary - like having multiple tools that do the same job ever so slightly differently.
Yup. Limpet controllers need a rack for a start.

Plus the big one is that there's still no small Seismic Charge Launcher, so the Type-7 couldn't mine motherlodes even if it wanted to (when many smaller ships can).
While I understand why it is only a size 2 (they need some kind of pregression from the small ships). I think they need to look at a type 7 variant that can do all the mining. Seems to be an oversight that the T7 can't do the main mining.

So in this current form, I am not okay with the restriction - I know generally I shouldn't be able to outfit my small or medium sized ship both to be completely defensible and do all the mining activities... but I should at least be able to choose whether to do strip mining and be defensible, or the new mining activities and be a little bit defensible, or forego defense altogether and do a mixture of mining. As it stands now, the Type-7 can't make the choice because it's locked out of the seismic charges altogether. And in many medium and small ships, if you can fit all the required modules for the new mining tools, you barely have space left for actual cargo racks to collect the stuff you mine.
Yup. The T7 and T6 are the anomolies which need to be addressed in my view. Maybe they need a mining hardpoint added to them.

Example - Cobra MkIII can fit all the new mining tools and have space for a cargo rack only if you forego something like a fuel scoop. If you're going to travel around a bit to find a good mining spot, you're gonna want a fuel scoop, which means no shields or no cargo rack.
What I would do is travel around in a ship just for scouting out areas to mine until I find a place, then go and get the mining ship. There are always alternatives.

I like the tactical decisions that outfitting gets you to make, but I feel in this case it goes a little bit too far.
Yup, it is a bit especially with the stupid amount of limpet controllers.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom