Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 4)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Many great fixes, especially for exploration and the UI. thank you very much.

Mining some improvements but it seems they are going to need to do much more to fix those glaring issues of too many tools, more time consumption, less reward etc.

What happens if i have used all my 100 bookmarks, and Squad leader shares bookmark? Do squad bookmarks have different color or icon?

I still want different colored bookmarks :)

Audio Options

• Updated audio options:

• Default/optimal volume position is now marked, allowing the player to return to default easily
  • All sliders (apart from the 3 "master" sliders (sounds, music, voice)) can be boosted as well as cut
  • Note: User volume slider positions will be reset to default on this update (this is a one time only reset)

Comms

• Increased the volume of the background chatter in Conflict Zones

COVAS

• Increased the volume of 'Jefferson'

Great fixes for audio issues, especially allowing us more control on what we hear, according to individual sound systems, rather than trying to fix all problems generically.

Nitpick, but how long until you guys merge the enter/exit FSS buttons? Because it's really kind of dumb that that exists but it doesn't elsewhere.

I may be confused but wasn't that fixed in the last beta update?

Edit - yes last update:
  • Now able to bind enter and exit FSS to the same button

Last edited:
Cool stuff... you actually made it SLOWER and doubled its boost distro usage. It's now slower than my Phantom.

And they did this without giving any explanation, we did gave them feedback and they did the opposite. Why give ships descriptions at all Frontier if our feedback seems useless to you. All that matters is their point of view
"balance" pass hahahaha

Last edited:
Will, any word yet on addressing the shimmer/pulse waterfall effect in the FSS that's causing migraines for myself and other Cmdrs? Much as I'd love to be testing the new content, it's literally physically impossible for me to do so while that effect remains ingame in its current form.

Same here. First time I saw it, I put in the appropriate forum a suggestion to make the the waterfall optional, like the idle hands animations or the SRV horizon line or the camera shake in the ship.

I told you that Frontier will nerf it. And now they did it. I preferred the old hot Mamba any day to the current slower and with the nerfed boost ENG. Not an option anymore compared to FDL. The small pitch improvement is not enough to compensate the ~20 m/s or more speed lost and the dreadful boost ENG consumption. Al this while, for example, the Phantom keeps the old PP, PD, etc. of the Mk2/Python (class 7 for 2 large/ 2 medium?) while Mamba has class 6 PD for 1 huge, 2 large and 2 small. Lazy. You can watch a news bulletin while recharging for the next boost (in a maximum engineered distributor).

Speed racer my... (is there a profanity filter to disable on the forum?) :)

Last edited:
I was also hoping that Mamba would get more speed. Now it's outlook (basically cockpit and two huge thrusters) compared to it's speed is immersion breaking. It should compete with the fastest ships in the game (Viper Mk III and Eagles) but it barely manages against larger ships, Clipper and Orca. Clipper is multi-role ship and Orca is passenger ship with tiny thrusters (which for some reason are one class bigger than Mamba's thrusters). Instead of 600-700 heavily engineered Mamba should be able to boost 800-900. Just raise it's thruster size by one class and give it big enough distributor to be usable. If some balance is needed lower it's shields and take some weapon away.

Thanks for profanity filter option. I dislike any type of censoring.

As some asked earlier. Can we get more bookmarks please? Perhaps with more colour options.

I saw note about distance traveled in SRV and old idea of mine came to mind again. I know it's far too late for it now, but it would have been really nice to have statistics on how many hours you have flown different ships.

I may be confused but wasn't that fixed in the last beta update?

Edit - yes last update:
  • Now able to bind enter and exit FSS to the same button

I meant having a single keymap instead of two. That's just odd to have, especially when the other screens don't have that.

I meant having a single keymap instead of two. That's just odd to have, especially when the other screens don't have that.

You now have a choice - you can either use the same key for both enter and exit or you can use a different key for each - perfect. I believe that means the only screen now where you are forced to use the same key (as opposed to using UI back for example) to enter/exit is the camera suite. Happy to be corrected if there's another one.

I was also hoping that Mamba would get more speed. Now it's outlook (basically cockpit and two huge thrusters) compared to it's speed is immersion breaking. It should compete with the fastest ships in the game (Viper Mk III and Eagles) but it barely manages against larger ships, Clipper and Orca. Clipper is multi-role ship and Orca is passenger ship with tiny thrusters (which for some reason are one class bigger than Mamba's thrusters). Instead of 600-700 heavily engineered Mamba should be able to boost 800-900. Just raise it's thruster size by one class and give it big enough distributor to be usable. If some balance is needed lower it's shields and take some weapon away.

I would be glad to keep Mamba over 620 in full combat build... (595 now without any HRP). But the most annoying thing is the (completely handwavium and illogical) distributor nerf when boosting. It's the worst I have on any ship using max grade and engineered PD.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom