Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 4)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
"Stopped depleted asteroids from appearing gold when scanned with the Pulse Wave Analyser"

... or so you thought :D
Having just done a bit of mining, I can say with certainty that this is still a problem.

Great update FD, many thanks. Bearing in mind the new Thargoid escapades though I would have thought that to get more players trying it you would have unlocked all guardian modules, weapons and ships just for the beta. Thre are many who don't try because of distance to find them and the quantity involved and just won't do the grind involved. It would be good just to try. One station only near Maia for trial purposes maybe? please nicely :)

Denis.

Hey FD!

Just a little heads-up as apparently there has been some confusion. When the almost unequivocal feedback provides is that the speed of the Mamba doesn't match its role/lore as a racer, we may have been not clear enough. What we were trying to say is that the mamba needed to be faster. As in, the number that represents its speed needs to go up, not down. Because that means it is slower, which makes it even less of a racer.

I hope this clarifies the uncertainty! :p

Totally agree with that. It should make a 620+ in full combat fit I think.
Also, it will be great if It will have total MAX speed around 900 with naked fit, making it "one of the fastest ships in the galaxy".
After all, it stated in the description of the ship...

The amount of Prismatic shield 8A + busters for Cutter in the main game 8490mj.
Same shield in beta 4 7375mj.
This is a bug or fix ?

Stellar Forge

• Corrected the orbit of the moon around Earth

Had to fly to Sol to check that. Looks much better now indeed :)

This one is curious. What was the moon doing prior? Was Ming the Merciless involved?

The inclination relative to Earth’s orbit (a.k.a. ecliptic) was very wrong; the angle was >40° while the real-life one is about 5.15°. See this Wikipedia article for a picture, then compare with what you can see (with orbit lines on) in live.

Interestingly, I see the inclination given in the game (relative to Earth’s equator) has had its sign flipped (i.e. it is negative now, but the absolute value is unchanged). This makes me wonder (again) if the game’s engine actually supports all the elements needed to reproduce arbitrary Keplerian orbits — things not visible in either system map or journal files, like orientation of the orbit in space (e.g. longitude of periapsis), or orientation of the parent body’s rotational axis. The correction of Sedna’s position in its orbit (mentioned in week 2 patch notes) implies that at least the angle at epoch (or equivalent) is supported.

I told you that Frontier will nerf it. And now they did it. I preferred the old hot Mamba any day to the current slower and with the nerfed boost ENG. Not an option anymore compared to FDL. The small pitch improvement is not enough to compensate the ~20 m/s or more speed lost and the dreadful boost ENG consumption. Al this while, for example, the Phantom keeps the old PP, PD, etc. of the Mk2/Python (class 7 for 2 large/ 2 medium?) while Mamba has class 6 PD for 1 huge, 2 large and 2 small. Lazy. You can watch a news bulletin while recharging for the next boost (in a maximum engineered distributor).

Speed racer my... (is there a profanity filter to disable on the forum?) :)

I agree. I too liked the 'old' Mamba, the heat build up gave it flavour like a tuned racing machine-she just needed to be faster.

Now it feels 'generic'.

Orca is faster than the 'racing prototype' by at least 20 m/s. :/

Last edited:
This could have been a good place to change the "honk" sound. I really dislike it, I must mute the game when exploring. FD if we can't have a disable to that sound effect atleast please give us different options for the sound.

This could have been a good place to change the "honk" sound. I really dislike it, I must mute the game when exploring. FD if we can't have a disable to that sound effect atleast please give us different options for the sound.

How can anyone not like that honk...I find it curiously satisfying =)

Even though I find the 'honk' noise quite fun (and was happy it remained in the new system), I agree that an option to mute/tone down/alternative sound would be a nice touch.

Orca is faster than the 'racing prototype' by at least 20 m/s. :/

This Mamba isn't a racing prototype. Elite 1 Mamba was a racing prototype (and even that was already altered). E: D Mamba is Zorgon Peterson taking the name and making a new ship based on it, it's a completely new ship and the racing part is long gone. You can easily check this on E: D Wiki or by comparing the old Mamba (which was a triangular ship) with the new one, which is nothing alike.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom