News Beyond - Chapter Four Livestream (25.10.2018) - Background Simulation and Scenarios

So here's a thing I want to know about scenarios (from the pcgamesn article and what I've already seen) ... is the choice on entering the scenario only a binary one? It feels odd that, having said we don't want to help the attacked megaship, the pirates automatically assume we're on their side.

'spose we'll find out tonight. :p

That has me mildly concerned - as the inference is that the player has no choice but to participate on one side or the other.

.... so the default player action might be "opt for the legal side" and then toddle off doing ones own thing....
I sorta get that there's only two sides, I guess it's more to do with the wording/scripting. I don't mind that there isn't a non-participation script, but I just don't like that the voiced dialog assumes I'm on the pirates side if I'm not.

So here's a thing I want to know about scenarios (from the pcgamesn article and what I've already seen) ... is the choice on entering the scenario only a binary one? It feels odd that, having said we don't want to help the attacked megaship, the pirates automatically assume we're on their side.

I suspect that was a guess on part of journalist. Well, we will know tonight anyway.

That said, it's a very "pirate-like" mentality, and thus believable in this case. Can also be interpreted as: "You're with us or sod off - if you do anything else, we'll shoot you." The pirates need to be on their tips about enemies.

I sorta get that there's only two sides, I guess it's more to do with the wording/scripting. I don't mind that there isn't a non-participation script, but I just don't like that the voiced dialog assumes I'm on the pirates side if I'm not.

My interpretation is that you get the option to help or not help so I suppose none participation is just not responding at all then it would play out in front of you

This is probably the livestream I'm most interested about, fingers crossed.

The bizarre thing for me is - this is the livestream I'm least looking forward to, because I'm very much into gadgets, modules, sensors, views etc., so it's the exploration modules and ships that most interest me.

But at the same time it's likely tonight's livestream contains changes to the key areas of the game. If this stuff is good, the entire game gets better.

Ed was on Monday stream, he said he will be on next Thursday's stream (about ships), he is at Twitchcon this weekend.

Sandro seems to be moved to next ED phase (which would make sense considering importance of early work), and Adam has taken over.

If the beta feedback is less then 2.8% salt, they’ll turn up for the full launch livestream...

What we call, at work, the “Glory Lap”....

I got lucky, I had to go in for overnight maintenance, now I can watch the livestream - live! So long as I don't oversleep when I get home. Normally I'd have to watch while eating lunch at work.

This is probably the livestream I'm most interested about, fingers crossed.

As I do a whole mixture of stuff from exploration to BGS work I am pretty much looking forward to all of it. Even the mining has me intrigiued on how it will be done and how res site will work with the new changes.

As I do a whole mixture of stuff from exploration to BGS work I am pretty much looking forward to all of it. Even the mining has me intrigiued on how it will be done and how res site will work with the new changes.

Yes, lot's of good things in the basket for this Q4.

Same here ! I'm mainly focusing on exploration but I also like to spend some time bounty hunting in the bubble, engineeering, trading and doing some missions.

Can't wait to see the changes of BGS / Scenarios. It'll perhaps give me a reason to join a squadron and get involved in a minor faction and work the BGS.

Also can't wait for mining because I really think that explo-miner will be a lot of fun !

Top Bottom