News Beyond - Chapter Four Livestream - Beta Blowout

Couldn’t agree more. Defending human space from the Thargoid menace should be the uniting combat experience that gets the entire community together but instead it’s a niche activity locked behind arbitrary grind that is utterly useless for any other part of the gameplay. It’s ridiculous that they wasted such a prominent piece of lore and a story telling opportunity in that way.
That'd be an awesome experience, having 20 players to gang up on a massive thargoid ship and slowly take it down - YES PLEASE! There's the end game content. Now only to sort instancing and stations from stop fining you when you fire your weapons in close proximity.

That'd be an awesome experience, having 20 players to gang up on a massive thargoid ship and slowly take it down - YES PLEASE! There's the end game content. Now only to sort instancing and stations from stop fining you when you fire your weapons in close proximity.
I have highlighted a main reason many people will be against this, we don't want an end game.

I have highlighted a main reason many people will be against this, we don't want an end game.
It may be that you interpret the phrase 'end game' differently. End game is not the end of the game, it is endless activities that you can do once you have finished progressing enough to unlock whatever tools you need to do the endless activity.

In ED progression & end game are quite loosely related. There are many activities you can get into almost immediately (BGS, exploration) and relatively few activities that require significant progression (Thargoids, PvP).

Apologies if I mis-read your post and have unintentionally been massively condescending :)

I am whelmed by even more Thargoid stuff. It's all decent ideas that for me break down where you need gimmick loadouts to participate - hull tanks, AX and Guardian weapons etc. I've got my perfectly fine engineered lasers, plasma accelerators, bi-weave shields, and now I am somehow "doing it wrong" for the most prominent combat content in the game. The irony or tragedy is that when the engineers were added, many people anticipated that you will need an engineered ship to fight the Thargoids; then when the time came, it turned out no, you need to unlock all new different weapons instead of using the stuff you also engineered, you need entirely different loadouts from that which you engineered. Thanks but no thanks.
While I like the fact that they're integrating Thargoids more with the general gameplay, I fully agree with this.

There should never have been a completely separate set of weapons to engage with the Thargoid content. I bet there are a lot of people who just don't bother because of this. For sure, perhaps have new weapons which are -more- effective against them, but give every player a base chance. Instead FDev added the human vulnerable Scout ships which makes even less sense; why would the Thargoids bring out new ships which are vulnerable to our existing tech?!?

The other thing is that the Thargoids should start interdicting human ships who enter systems in which they are active in. But you can only do that if the first point (weapons/defences) is tweaked.

People would still have the option of not engaging with the Thargoid content by simply not visiting the systems in which Thargoids are active.

Finally; I still lament the fact that there is no way to interact with them in a more peaceful manner.

I am whelmed by even more Thargoid stuff. It's all decent ideas that for me break down where you need gimmick loadouts to participate - hull tanks, AX and Guardian weapons etc. I've got my perfectly fine engineered lasers, plasma accelerators, bi-weave shields, and now I am somehow "doing it wrong" for the most prominent combat content in the game. The irony or tragedy is that when the engineers were added, many people anticipated that you will need an engineered ship to fight the Thargoids; then when the time came, it turned out no, you need to unlock all new different weapons instead of using the stuff you also engineered, you need entirely different loadouts from that which you engineered. Thanks but no thanks.
the irony is,
that this is more or less the result of the crybabies who demanded that thargoid content should neither require engineering, nor should top engineered equipmend already put you on the top end of the food chain.

and the result was:
1. anti thargoid gear is a new grind and cannot be engineered
2. to survive combat with thargoids, you are almost forced to engineer your ships DEFENSES in a completely different way then for human/human combat.
3. put Player vs. Prey into the equation, and you get a paradise for griefer and ganker

Top Bottom