News Beyond - Chapter Four Livestream - Beta Blowout

Things to test in the beta blowout ...

- how many shieldless ships can you gather around an asteroid and destroy with a single detonation?

- canyon racing Adam Woods style, first person to explode wins!

- on your marks, get set, bind! (commanders start with default bindings and must race to setup their controls, first person to scan a planet with the FSS and then fully probe it's surface wins)

- Mamba Grill (commanders must place strips of raw bacon on their Mamba's, first with a fully cooked fry-up wins)

- Nightvision hide and seek (commanders have 1 minute to hide themselves on the dark side of a planet, seeker uses nightvision to find them)

Can't wait! :p
OK - guess I misjudged the vibe in the room here :p ... yeah, go on then, be responsible adults and answer some of the beta feedback please!

Haven't played in about 8 months.....these additions look pretty cool and I will be blowing off the dust on the game.... :)

Gamepad ?

[rant]No offense, but when are you really going to consider to play the game the way I believe was meant to be played.

With an HOTAS ?

For any new pilot wanting to join the pilots Federation, it should be MANDATORY to go trough a special HOTAS flying course.

I mean, even consoles have HOTAS nowadays for christ sake !

And I believe that many of the current problems encountered in beta could have been avoided if the devs put themselves in a situation that I believe a considerable part of the player base goes trough ! [/rant]

Looking forward to it !

well, when i first tried this beta, it was already week2 and jumped right into the mining part
then watching the recap from the livestream...
i almost felt like the Blizzcon redshirt guy:
https://youtu.be/OJy6bJ_RxXg

i seriously hope week 4 is used to fix things and that the surprise (i am pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere) is a positive one.

well, when i first tried this beta, it was already week2 and jumped right into the mining part
then watching the recap from the livestream...
i almost felt like the Blizzcon redshirt guy:
https://youtu.be/OJy6bJ_RxXg

i seriously hope week 4 is used to fix things and that the surprise (i am pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere) is a positive one.

There is no week 4 for this beta. There is usually a gap between the end of beta and full release though.

Last edited:
Gamepad ?

[rant]No offense, but when are you really going to consider to play the game the way I believe was meant to be played.

With an HOTAS ?

For any new pilot wanting to join the pilots Federation, it should be MANDATORY to go trough a special HOTAS flying course.

I mean, even consoles have HOTAS nowadays for christ sake !

And I believe that many of the current problems encountered in beta could have been avoided if the devs put themselves in a situation that I believe a considerable part of the player base goes trough ! [/rant]

Looking forward to it !

You're telling the developers, who made the game for different platforms with different control schemes, how it's meant to be played... Hell, I played the game with the keyboard and mouse for the first year or two (I don't remember when I caved and got a joystick, but I did get the 16000M within the past year). It plays well enough on any of the schemes and it's meant to be played on any of the schemes.

There is no week 4 for this beta. There is usually a gap between the end of beta and full release though.
i know
that gap is when they ship the "final version" at the end of the beta to sony and microsoft for approval, and then release it to the live servers as soon as that comes.
there is no other way i could explain how there is always nearly no difference between the final beta version, and the one we get as release - most remaining bugs included.

It would be great if we could have feedback livestream next week where Adam addresses some of the concerns raised in the Beta forum.

Sorry if I sound like a grumpy forum dad, but I too would like to hear responses to a representative slice of the feedback from the forum, not just the backslapping jolly japes demolition derby improvised double act we had last week. The community has put a lot of time into testing the beta, and their questions are valid, so it would be fair for the community team to put some extra time into preparing the content of the livestream.

Very much this.^^

I find the high jinks type streams very irritating, especially when there's much that could be elucidated and clarified regarding what's been shown in the beta. (This is my feedback to Ed & Co)

It would be great if we could have feedback livestream next week where Adam addresses some of the concerns raised in the Beta forum.

Agreed, and whilst they're at it perhaps they could provide some substance to the 'store freebies' that the LEPrs are supposed to be placated with.

I read it that the beta would last 4 weeks, but that there would be no major updates announced at the start of the 4th week

[EDIT] Actually looking again at the infographic from the original announcement, it could just as easily mean that the beta ends at the start of the 4th week, i.e. only 3 week long.

I read it that the beta would last 4 weeks, but that there would be no major updates announced at the start of the 4th week

[EDIT] Actually looking again at the infographic from the original announcement, it could just as easily mean that the beta ends at the start of the 4th week, i.e. only 3 week long.

Yes the infographic does suggest that the beta ends next week, but last week's newsletter gives the end date as Nov 26.

Top Bottom