News Beyond - Chapter Four Livestreams (08.11.2018) – New Ships

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

We present to you our fourth and final Beyond – Chapter Four content reveal livestream. This Thursday with Community Manager Ed and Executive Producer Adam Woods, will be taking the two new ships for a spin!

Livestream details

• Topic - New Ships
  • Date – 8 November 2018
  • Time - 19:00 (UTC)
  • WhereClick here!

[video=youtube;iJQXZpAi5VU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQXZpAi5VU[/video]​

If you’re not able to catch the stream, don’t worry! We will be posting a recap of the all the content unveiled shortly after the livestream.

See you there!

Panther Clipper? Looking forward either way and good job on the exploration mechanic. Love it, if a little convoluted and clunky. :)

Last edited:
I will not bet on the Panther clipper Commander. Mamba for sure and the Krait version number 2 - Aka 'The Phantom".

True. If we get it, we get it. If we get more combat ships, then "meh" (my money is on the latter tbh). At the end of the day, the Panther Clipper is really the one I'd like to pilot. I loved kitting it out in Elite II: Frontier (although hiring crew was a pain mind you). :)

Even though there will be outcry at just 2 new ships the other 3 streams have had so much in hope we get a surprise in this one!

I did one of the scenarios yesterday and was protecting a mega ship from pirate attacks. A lot of the attackers were in Phantoms and they seem to be really weak. I was in my Krait and they seemed to go boom with very little effort. Like easier then shooting up Eagles effort.

the two new ships for a spin!

Ship 1) Mamba
Ship 2) Krait Phantom

We have seen them already in the Beta.

I hope there is a Ship you are hiding otherwise the stream is not going to attract many, a lot of people were hoping for a dedicated Large Mining or Exploration ship. The two new ships in the beta appear to be neither.

Don't want to sound ungrateful though, but I was going to watch, however we have seen the two new ships already and they seem to be aimed at Pew-Pew.

o7

True. If we get it, we get it. If we get more combat ships, then "meh" (my money is on the latter tbh). At the end of the day, the Panther Clipper is really the one I'd like to pilot. I loved kitting it out in Elite II: Frontier (although hiring crew was a pain mind you). :)

No Panther Clipper and no NPC crew i am afraid for the moment, arf.. Patience is of the essence in Elite ;)

"Two new ships" is a bit specific and absent any kind of teaser qualifier, a bit anticlimactic considering we have already been introduced to them. Sure, we don't know their exact details, but pretty close, and if it stands as only the two new ships we already know about, not sure the need for a live stream and an entire beta iteration dedicated to just them.

There's a 50% chance of an exploration ship, the Mamba is definitely a combat ship,......AGAIN!!!!!!

Fdev, stop feeding us combat ships, sheesh how many do we need?!?!?!!

Top Bottom