News Beyond - Chapter Four - Release Date Announcement

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

We’re very pleased to announce that Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Four will be released on... Tuesday 11 December!

[video=youtube;qNL8Agx151o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNL8Agx151o[/video]

This brand new update arrives just in time for the chilly nights of the winter holidays, and while you might be tempted to stay inside where it's warm and snug, we will be bringing you a variety of features to get you out there... in space!

Exploration
The Analysis Mode with the improved Exploration Discovery Scanner and Detailed Discovery Scanner, is a game-changing, brand new way for all Commanders to explore the Milky Way galaxy. After the initial scan of the system, you will then be able to tune your scanners to find stellar bodies and other phenomena. Not only is this new system a more realistic, satisfying and engaging exploration experience, but now you will be able to make more informed decisions on where to look next, and you will be more rewarded for your time spent exploring. Commanders will now have probes at their disposal to map the planetary surfaces, and planetary rings, in detail, to locate points of interest and leave your mark on the galaxy in a different way.

Mining
Asteroid belts and planetary rings are about to get very busy. New tools and mechanics will provide a fresh, exciting and lucrative mining experience for all Elite Dangerous Commanders. Using new exploration mechanics, miners can investigate rings to locate the best spots to start their mining sessions, and then the best specific asteroids to probe and excavate for rewards. With the right amount of skill and expertise, the new Abrasion blaster, Sub-surface displacement missile, and Seismic charge launcher, will provide some exciting and explosive results.

Squadrons
Squadrons is a new in-game way of uniting like-minded Commanders to support factions of their choice and compete for top spots in seasonal leader boards. New communication tools, including in-game chat channels, will help you blaze trails together, and leave your Squadron's mark on the galaxy.

...and so much more!

You can check out all of the upcoming changes and additions via the forum threads here:

We can’t wait for you to explore all that awaits you in the fourth chapter of the Beyond series of updates!

Good luck out there, Commander!

great. Quick question, I have been out in the black for some weeks now scanning systems and wot not. Will i lose the data I have gathered on the systems I scanned "the old fashioned way" ?

Wow ! Sooner than I expected ! Will have to put some extra hours before it drops. Still at 15k ly from Colonia !!!

Thanks Fdev ! :)

Thanks for the good news!
Does anyone remember seeing something in the beta codex that looked like the entry shown at 0:24 in the bottom right of the organic / anomaly findings? (Lagrange Clouds were top-left in that image, so it's not them). Even more things to find, perhaps?!

Greetings Commanders,

We’re very pleased to announce that Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Four will be released on... Tuesday 11 December!

This brand new update arrives just in time for the chilly nights of the winter holidays, and while you might be tempted to stay inside where it's warm and snug, we will be bringing you a variety of features to get you out there... in space!

Exploration
The Analysis Mode with the improved Exploration Discovery Scanner and Detailed Discovery Scanner, is a game-changing, brand new way for all Commanders to explore the Milky Way galaxy. After the initial scan of the system, you will then be able to tune your scanners to find stellar bodies and other phenomena. Not only is this new system a more realistic, satisfying and engaging exploration experience, but now you will be able to make more informed decisions on where to look next, and you will be more rewarded for your time spent exploring. Commanders will now have probes at their disposal to map the planetary surfaces, and planetary rings, in detail, to locate points of interest and leave your mark on the galaxy in a different way.

Mining
Asteroid belts and planetary rings are about to get very busy. New tools and mechanics will provide a fresh, exciting and lucrative mining experience for all Elite Dangerous Commanders. Using new exploration mechanics, miners can investigate rings to locate the best spots to start their mining sessions, and then the best specific asteroids to probe and excavate for rewards. With the right amount of skill and expertise, the new Abrasion blaster, Sub-surface displacement missile, and Seismic charge launcher, will provide some exciting and explosive results.

Squadrons
Squadrons is a new in-game way of uniting like-minded Commanders to support factions of their choice and compete for top spots in seasonal leader boards. New communication tools, including in-game chat channels, will help you blaze trails together, and leave your Squadron's mark on the galaxy.

...and so much more!

You can check out all of the upcoming changes and additions via the forum threads here:

We can’t wait for you to explore all that awaits you in the fourth chapter of the Beyond series of updates!

Good luck out there, Commander!

Yay!

interesting thing found in the CODEX by CMDR Filzar Geynep @0'24 https://youtu.be/qNL8Agx151o

1543841389-3-3.png

But but .. but that's NEXT WEEK!

H--yyyyyyy--p--e! :D

Looking forward to it, and love the trail music btw. Didn't do the beta, will my £100 laptop still run after update (and new lighting system)? Will there be mining equipment on Gnosis? Tune in to find out! (I've done very well so far, so my money's still on yes). Can't wait anyway.

o7

Top Bottom