News Beyond - Chapter Four - Release Date Announcement

great. Quick question, I have been out in the black for some weeks now scanning systems and wot not. Will i lose the data I have gathered on the systems I scanned "the old fashioned way" ?

No you won't :)

And you'll have all the new tools as basically the discovery scanner and the detailed surface scanners are "replaced". Even far from any station you'll be able to play with the new toys :)

Yay! [up] Looks like a bright future to me :D

So Eol Prou PH-V d2-256 has the new spiky things (and at least 6 bodies)? That's only 120ly from Colonia.

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
THANK YOU to all at Frontier for the past 4 years (and more). I remember when the game launched, back in Dec 2014, and I thought I would get a DVT from playing it too much on the couch! It’s great that you are committed to supporting ED on into the future. Looking forward to playing this update and then hearing what you have in store for Elite beyond...erm...Beyond. ;)

CMDR Ed Geiger

Excellent! I was wondering if I had to hang up my HOTAS for a week or two once I arrived at my destination! Now I can take my time and get my dirty little paws on a Phantom much sooner than expected [yesnod]

Have been 'missing' the beta exploration mechanics for the last 5KLy or so...

Woah, December 11th!! That's much sooner than I expected it to be! That's a very good thing!!!!!

UhxtL6n.gif

Exploration
The Analysis Mode with the improved Exploration Discovery Scanner and Detailed Discovery Scanner, is a game-changing, brand new way for all Commanders to explore the Milky Way galaxy. After the initial scan of the system, you will then be able to tune your scanners to find stellar bodies and other phenomena. Not only is this new system a more realistic, satisfying and engaging* exploration experience, but now you will be able to make more informed decisions on where to look next, and you will be more rewarded for your time spent exploring. Commanders will now have probes at their disposal to map the planetary surfaces, and planetary rings, in detail, to locate points of interest and leave your mark on the galaxy in a different way.

*Subject to personal preference.

Trrrrific...

Au revior iMac users :(

We'll meet again
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away

So will you please say "Hello"
To the folks that I know
Tell them I won't be long
They'll be happy to know
That as you saw me go
I was singing this song

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Til the blue skies
Drive the dark clouds far away
So will you please say, "Hello"
To the folks that I know
Tell them I won't be long
They'll be happy to know
That as you saw me go
I was singin' this song

Last edited:
"Not only is this new system a more realistic, satisfying and engaging exploration experience"

Hold on right there. That's highly subjective.

Top Bottom