News Beyond - Chapter Four - Release Date Announcement

After over 1200 hours, I'm struggling to find any kind of motivation to log in and play this - especially with so many other great games out there like NMS and X4.

Great that there's an update that isn't combat focused for once, but I've forgotten all my HOTAS bindings (it's gathering dust) and it sounds like I'll need a shed load more.

In spite of this, I did still buy another (my 4th) commander in the last sale, and also now own it on PS4. Haven't played either... but some part of me must want to play it.

Just a question of finding which part that is...

You are buying by anticipation for the new "Era".

:)

After over 1200 hours, I'm struggling to find any kind of motivation to log in and play this - especially with so many other great games out there like NMS and X4.

Great that there's an update that isn't combat focused for once, but I've forgotten all my HOTAS bindings (it's gathering dust) and it sounds like I'll need a shed load more.

In spite of this, I did still buy another (my 4th) commander in the last sale, and also now own it on PS4. Haven't played either... but some part of me must want to play it.

Well, after 1200 hours you definetely got your money's worth. Even with four commanders.

Which HOTAS? I'd happily provide you with a copy of my X52 Pro beta bindings :)

I have an extra time zone set for Elite, it's 1.51pm here on the 10th, Elite time it's 5.51am on the 10th.

Humnn.. 00:01 the 11th Dec GMT would be 18:01 10th Dec my time I think, though DST could screw this up.

So, To be safe, I plan to be in my single star bolthole by 17:00 today.

If the update drops early enough I will get started on the download on the primary computer this evening and with luck it will be finished by morning and i can start the B/U computer before I go to work and it will be finished by the time I get home.

Current download speed is a bit over 2MBPS. It will be much worse during prime netflicks time this evening.
===================================
11 Dec 1924 Local time. Started the update. Current download speed 1.2 MBPS. Working Sync Files .. Estimated time 10 hours.
=========================================================
11 Dec 2033 local time. Download speed now dipping below .8 MBPS. Working Sync Files.. Blue bar about 20% estimated time remaining 9 hrs.
============================================================
11 Dec 2144 local time. Download speed now staying below .2 mbps. Working Sync Files. Blue Bar about 40% estimated time remaining still 9 hrs.
================================================================
Ok. My manicure is finished. Cleaned 10 nails, shaped them, 1 coat of base, 2 coats of Champagne for Breakfast, 2 coats of top coat and everything is dry so I can go to bed. OH and 11 DEC 2230 Download speed is creeping back up. Now about 1 mbps. Working Sync files. Blue Bar about 55% estimated time remaining 4 hours. Maybe i will be able to play in the morning..
===========================================================
2 Dec 0740 hrs local time. Looking at my data log it looks like the Update finished about 0500 hrs. So, the original 10 hour estimate was pretty close. Now to see if I can simply copy the files in the GAME folder where I have to put ED to get it to run since it won't run in the PROGRAM FILES and paste them into the GAME folder on the other computer and save myself another big data hit and another 10 hours of avoiding doing anything that uses bandwidth on my cellular internet connection.

Last edited:
That's very kind of you, but I've been using the Thrustmaster Hotas X... with Crab bindings that were posted on here a few years ago.

I also have HOTAS X bindings (my backup) but not from the beta, but they differed only a little from default and imagine that the default sent out tomorrow would be a better starting place.

I probably missed it, but what time is the upgrade happening today? I'm in Singapore so a bit ahead of the UK.

FD will bring the servers down at 5PM today (Dec 11) GMT +8. Word is the downtime will last 9 hours or so. Checking in tomorrow Wed morning is probably best.

chilly nights of winter....???.....two weeks out from the longest day of the year...….someones forgetting the customers in the better half of the globe

chilly nights of winter....???.....two weeks out from the longest day of the year...….someones forgetting the customers in the better half of the globe

LOL.....better half of the globe!!! where 90% of the wildlife will kill you rather than be scared of you......LOL

Top Bottom