Beyond Chapter four - some love for multicrew planned?

MC needs serious love. Why I, as Ship owner, can't fly SLFs alongside my mate while the NPC mans the helm, is beyond me.

Sucks that mates don't join you on your ship too.

Then there is the pay issue . . . yeesh.

MC strikes me as an early Beta concept that was delivered in the first trimester.

The missions boards are full of missions you can share with your friends.

A portion of the missions generated are Wing Missions. Hope you like what is randomly offered during the window of time you co-ordinated your mates for, all for heavily reduced pay and no Rep/Inf for them lol.

What's that? Playing solo? Half the missions offered to you, solo Cmdr, are Wing Missions lol. Hope you like the reduced odds of getting a Mission you are interested in lol.

I just want to bring up this thread up again because I'm discussing this topic with some other players and I can't find any further or newer feedback on multicrew. The only thing new is the VSS the multicrew member can use some kind for his own data (only). [...] Did I miss any news potential changes on multicrew?

Well this update was about mining and exploring, and those are the things that have been added.

Multicrew exploration was added..... .... ... ... ... sort of.
* Crew members can FSS, by themselves or with you. Double your scanning speeds!
* Crew members can fire DSS Probes while you fly. Planetary Drive-bys!
* SLF have composition scanners, so crew can fly down to a planet surface to scan POI.
Sounds great, right?! Sadly, despite having added functional exploration activities there is zero crew reward!!! This would be such an easy fix. Frontier - just add some tiny rewards and make this a thing!!!
It's a shame because getting stuck into to scanning a massive system with a friend, calling out interesting finds and planning which planets to visit is a really fun time, as is visiting a planet and deploying your mate in a SLF 'shuttle' to go scan the geological and biological finds. It's just insane that there's zero reward for crew. Even a tiny reward to acknowledge their work would be great (Like maybe credit an amount equal to the DSS efficiency reward and codex rewards to them - they don't even need the tag or the codex confirmation... any reward would work).

Multicrew can also help mine. As you rightly said, multicrew mining didn't make much sense before. But with the new types of mining (abrasion blaster, drill and deep core) having someone on the turret able to pinpoint target 360-degrees is actually helpful. For example, you've cracked the asteroid into chucks and you now need to abrasion blast off the remaining chunks - someone on a turret will manage that lot quicker than you having to line-up fixed shots, bumping into rocks and getting lost in the dust.
Is it fun? Weeeeeeelll, it can be as long as you're pursuing the new mining methods and aren't doing any of the old mining in between. You also have to trust the helm to not kick you when it's time to hand in.

When they announced multicrew I thought it was going to be something like Star Trek, with multiple shield management, heat, systems, energy, different scan systems, targeting options, overcharge modules, repairs, comunications, share tasks with your friends

The problem is that at the moment multicrew activities are bad because those activities are so very shallow in the main game. Like what would a communications person do? Hopefully as more depth is added to existing activities, those activities will also add depth to multicrew - just like chapter four did.

Last edited:
The problem is that at the moment multicrew activities are bad because those activities are so very shallow in the main game. Like what would a communications person do? Hopefully as more depth is added to existing activities, those activities will also add depth to multicrew - just like chapter four did.

Sure agree, the game is really basic.

With a comunication feature I thought about avoiding conflict with NPC pirates or making bounty hunting a real bounty hunting through multiple locations. I don't know... there're a lot of things that could be implemented just to talking to NPC.

Why did they add multicrew with so little features and so dumb mechanics? 3rd person turret? really?

Why did they add multicrew with so little features and so dumb mechanics? 3rd person turret? really?

Because by adding the basic foundational multicrew they have now, they can expand it as they expand the game's machanics... For example how they added exploration and mining to multicrew.
While I agree multicrew right now is subpar, they were never going to rework the whole game when adding this feature. I just hope that when Elite feet comes along they'll use it to enhance multicrew.

This policy always irked me, hardcore.

FDevs: *Releases something broken*

Players: "Hey this is broken and borderline unusable"

FDevs: "We'll only fix this feature if you use it. A lot."

Like what kind of bass-ackwards logic is that?

Blaze your own trail, commander, stroke quote it must be your router unquote.

Top Bottom