"Beyond" free for Horizon owners - LEP musings

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Jex, obviously you want to twist discussion your way and I can't really stop you.

But as dev and server guy with 18 year experience I will call on that. ED is huge and complex. No other game does what they are doing - because none of them are that nuts.

You might not like outcome because it is purely subjective. But don't try to downplay FD efforts. It just looks dumb.

Don't worry, debating with Jex is like trying to play chess with a pigeon — he knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

Jex =TE=

Banned
Oh, comments like that do make me laugh. ;)

I did coding at college too, and then I went on to have a 30 year career in software development, managing large scale applications with hundreds of thousands of lines of code, far FAR bigger than any "college project". Believe me, I know exactly what I'm talking about. E: D is massive. Never mind the galaxy size (you can actually generate a passable galaxy in a few dozen lines of code since it's mainly maths), that's just playarea - not project size. Of course, E: D takes it a step further with Stellar Forge, but that's just one example of how extensive E: D is in sheer scale.

Show me the game to play, and I'll be convinced. Until then, they're just producing videos, tech demos, and patting themselves on the back a lot. Sorry, but there it is... one backer's view.

30 years experience and you brush off 400 developers who are actually working on a game which you've never done in your life. Of course, adding a turret and a wheel of fortune was soooo much work....

Jex =TE=

Banned
Don't worry, debating with Jex is like trying to play chess with a pigeon — he knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

And yet the last time I had to explain to you what we were talking about, you didn't respond. Also, care to provide some examples of this game of chess because I know that you can't.

You're the one that constantly needs to be told what's being discussed around here. Everyone else seems to work out stuff perfectly fine.

So basically our regular web commentator :)

Says the guy that just announced to everyone that because something works in linux, it should work in OSX LOL

And yet the last time I had to explain to you what we were talking about, you didn't respond. Also, care to provide some examples of this game of chess because I know that you can't.

You're the one that constantly needs to be told what's being discussed around here. Everyone else seems to work out stuff perfectly fine.

Says the guy that just announced to everyone that because something works in linux, it should work in OSX LOL

That's absolutely not true, last time we discussed you completely disappeared from the forums for a few days (and all your posts with you). And no, I didn't put you on ignore.

30 years experience and you brush off 400 developers who are actually working on a game which you've never done in your life.

You should never make assumptions about people, especially wrong ones. I'll just leave that there - can't be bothered arguing with you.

Also, I'm not "brushing off" the SC developers. I'm saying they haven't actually produced anything playable in 5 years. Which is true. Whatever the reasons for it are, that simple fact remains.

Last edited:

Jex =TE=

Banned
That's absolutely not true, last time we discussed you completely disappeared from the forums for a few days (and all your posts with you). And no, I didn't put you on ignore.

Citation please.

If my posts disappear it's the mods deleting them. Ask them about it.

Brett C

Frontier
Going to go ahead and close this thread. Would appear we've gone in circles the past couple of pages and have deviated a bit much from the original discussions.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom