BGS Background Changes/Fixes. When are the next lot coming? We need them urgently!

So we had the last set of BGS changes on Mar 1st. When are we likely to see the next set?
The BGS is still a current broken and bug ridden pile of poop. Since we have no major client updates coming for almost 2 years, we should be getting at the very least monthly updates to clear up this mess from the developers.

Come on FDEV, sort it out!

So we had the last set of BGS changes on Mar 1st. When are we likely to see the next set?
The BGS is still a current broken and bug ridden pile of poop. Since we have no major client updates coming for almost 2 years, we should be getting at the very least monthly updates to clear up this mess from the developers.

Come on FDEV, sort it out!
I do not agree at all with what you say. The bgs works like it should work.

In the last month I have not found any bug worthy of note.

Of course, I miss fleet carriers ... but I don't lose the hope that sooner or later they will be introduced ...

I do not agree at all with what you say. The bgs works like it should work.

In the last month I have not found any bug worthy of note.

Of course, I miss fleet carriers ... but I don't lose the hope that sooner or later they will be introduced ...
This one. I'm aware of a few extant bugs, but nothing I'd consider categorizing it as broken and bug-ridden.

What specifically did you think is broken?

Pushing all factions except the controlling one who should loose influence. THe opposite happens and all factions except the controlling looses. THey gain about 5%.

CZs where we dominate for 4 days and still loose the war. The whole BGS is broken and I have been a serious player of it for nearly 3 years.
Ive seen running too much influence can actually have a negative effect. I genuinely dont think FDEV know how it works anymore.

Its totally broken. Hope on the ELiteBGS discord to see the comments on how flawed its been since 3.3

Pushing all factions except the controlling one who should loose influence. THe opposite happens and all factions except the controlling looses. THey gain about 5%.
The BGS should work like this, or I didn't understand what you wrote. Are you sure that nobody is playing against you, pushing the dominant faction without your knowledge?
CZs where we dominate for 4 days and still loose the war.
We have regularly won wars and elections in four days. This may seem like a bug. Have you reported to the FDevs?
Its totally broken.
For two problems do you write that the BGS is totally broken? Don't you think you're overdoing it?

Immediately after 3.3 we too had had problems. And still there is some hitch: for example when the expansions do not start from the happiest system, but from the mother system or, secondly, the highest one in influence.

But with last month's patch, the whole bgs was balanced. And our game has started again.

P.S. What PFM are you?

Balance issues can appear to be bugs, but it's a different problem. I feel that actions need another balance pass, but I agree that everything does seem to be working currently. Whether or not the severity of the mission and data nerfs was intentional or not is hard to say.

Negative states and negative BGS actions still aren't working properly, or at least the balance is heavily lopsided against negative actions/states. All you have to do is sort by Lockdown, Civil Unrest, Bust, and Famine states compared to Boom, Investment, and Civil Liberty states and take a look around the bubble for both. A quick scan of the bubble today shows ~9 systems in Civil unrest and 1 in Bust; 0 in Lockdown or Famine. There's so many systems in Boom, Investment, and Civil Liberty that it isn't even worth counting them. The only effective way to push a faction that doesn't own any assets that can be docked at is to run missions. Negative influence sources that used to work have very little effect in the current BGS; killing system authority quickly caps out and reduces target faction influence by 2-3% and barely moves the system security bar, selling goods to a faction's black market has no effect on their influence and barely moves their economic bar down. Missions with negative INF results are RNG based in which faction is chosen and often take considerably more time to complete then their positive influence counterparts.

Based on the above I'd say the BGS is still pretty broken, it heavily favors positive influence actions in both availability and quantity of options. On top of that the means by which negative influence results were previously attained have been severely Nerfed.

I don't think its bugs, IMO its FD fiddling server side so we never really have one set of consistent rules.

Recently for me activities that would normally net decent swings are now useless, and I am left wondering what is going on.

I think the biggest issue right now is that the pace of especially civilian actions is too slow. Now, they said at the last patch that they would do that, so they could monitor for balance without disrupting the BGS too much.

But the result has been that the last 5-6 weeks or so (I thought it was longer, actually) the balance between armed conflict and civilian action is well out of whack. It's relatively easy to win conflicts (they seem to work OK now, in our experience, short of the occasional orbiting CZ, cap ships leaving high CZs ending the battle counter (top right) so there's no victor other than the achieved objective (while the fighting actually continues - it just doesn't "complete"), and RNG spawn of NPCs for each side and RNG objectives in meds and highs can result in unwinnable instances), but the slog to run at a ruler to bridge 20 points can take weeks and weeks of daily effort.

In low traffic areas this is not particularly problematic as no effort is ever lost, but in higher traffic systems this can mean weeks of work with minimal gains, just to win a conflict easily in 4 days once the shooting starts. So, as far as I am concerned, they can bring the civilian effort effects back to 3.2-ish levels. The sooner the better.

We once lost a war we had dominated for 4 days. Turned out the other side had dominated for more days. Back in the days when the BGS got stuck :)
Squadron view is the best to work out if you are winning or not in my experience.

There are still few bugs around wars in general... but nothing major, just oddities.

Otherwise i agree also with Mangal.

Top Bottom